Press Release: VAC Introduces Statement Integrated Amplifier At RMAF 2018

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Having that many KT88’s stacked in a vertical manner, would lead me to question how much heat this piece will give off...nevermind the impact on the electronics from that heat chimney. Hopefully, Kevin offers a long warranty.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Davey, would the top be hotter? Maybe it doesnt matter.

I actually kinda dig the format, because maybe it would be easy to have it out of the way.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Davey, would the top be hotter? Maybe it doesnt matter.

I actually kinda dig the format, because maybe it would be easy to have it out of the way.

I’m not sure what you mean...sure the heat will rise out of the top. But that’s the basic issue...the lower KT88’s will act as a nice heat source on the upper tubes and electronics. I do notice a grill on the top to allow for some heat dissipation, but the whole design will act as a chimney, and as such I think it will do great as a space heater...and then the question becomes for how long. I guess if you live in cold climates, this may not be so much of a factor, but I still think the design will impact the reliability.

To be quite frank, you couldn’t give me this amp...for a fraction of the price...even if it did sound quite good to begin with.

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
Having that many KT88’s stacked in a vertical manner, would lead me to question how much heat this piece will give off...nevermind the impact on the electronics from that heat chimney. Hopefully, Kevin offers a long warranty.

To be quite frank, you couldn’t give me this amp...for a fraction of the price...even if it did sound quite good to begin with.

Give it to me. I’ll beta test it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing