Power Supply for Antipodes S40

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
I've considered the Antipodes S60 power supply, but it's $2K. I'm looking for recommendations for an external power supply to power my Antipodes S40 and eventually S30 music servers.

Superdad

Apr 22, 2015
I've considered the Antipodes S60 power supply, but it's $2K. I'm looking for recommendations for an external power supply to power my Antipodes S40 and eventually S30 music servers.
We have a few clients using our choke-filtered, dual-output, 5-7.4A JS-2 with their Antipodes servers and they have been quite happy with the results.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA

Yeah it sure is pricey. It’s unique though in that it’s a hybrid supply. The product page on their website explains it well. The power supply in a server most strongly influences the sound. I’m guessing the S60 will lift the performance of your S40 to a higher level than their previous top of the line CX.

The JS-2 is an excellent supply - I used to own one. My concern there is that the character of your S40 might change. Speed is such an important aspect to creating the sound of live music. You S40 is built for speed so it’s going to really excel with the S60.

Uptone has a 30 day money back policy so you could always try a JS-2. If you purchase from Antipodes direct, they also have a 30 day money back policy.

Lastly, as a new K30 owner and knowing what I know now - I wouldn’t hesitate to buy the S60.

Magnuska

Nov 21, 2020
Hi!

I am using a Sean Jacobs DC-3 with boost module. The S40 needs as you know more current so therefore I guess its a bit more difficult than usual to find a suitable supply. I was also considering the S60 dual supply but I find the DC-3 speedy enough.

Another interesting contender is this one https://ferrum.audio/ A polish brand with already great reviews. This is also a hybrid wich I find very interesting for future. Moderatly priced at around 1000EUR

Another strong contender is of course a Paul Hynes like the SR5

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
Thanks so much to everyone for the information. I sent an email to Farad yesterday evening, but they don't have a U.S. dealer.

Magnuska - I will look into the Sean Jacobs DC-3 and Paul Hynes.

kennyb123 - In hindsight I wish I would have just purchased the K30, but my way forward now is to add an external power supply, the K10, and S30. "It’s unique though in that it’s a hybrid supply", I hear what your saying, but at $2K it's twice the price of everything that has been recommended.

Reactions: Magnuska

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
Are there any Antipodes S60 owners that would like to share their experience?

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
After talking with Mark at Antipodes I decided to order the S60. I hope to have the S60 in a couple of weeks.

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
A special thanks to Scott at Supra Hifi in Dallas, TX! I picked up the S60 and K10 a couple of days ago. Honesty, I can't tell you what adding the S60 is doing, because I went from streaming music to listening to ripped CDs. It was immediately apparent that music had more body, detail, and sounds more open. Per my conversation with Mark(Antipodes) the sound will continue to change over the next few weeks. Luckily everything sounds great right out of the box.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing