Please recommend a balanced IEM specifically for the Metal Genres

BasalGanglia

Feb 18, 2024
United Kingdom
I currenty have the Hiby R3 Pro Saber but have just been using standard earphones using the 3.5mm jack. I have just ordered the Hiby R3 II, which has a balanced 4.44mm output. So I wanted to buy a decent pair of balanced earphones that can be used in that port.

I mostly listen to various Metal genres such as Thrash, Death, Melodic Death, Industrial, Metal Core etc so looking for somthing punchy. I was currently using Sony earphones with extra bass (Don't know the model number) and whilst they sound nice and punchy, the quality isn't very good. I have tried more expensive standard earphones that had good reviews but found them to lack bass and therefore sound rubbish for the music I listen to.

My mate suggested the Fiio FH9 but that is out of my budget. The FH7s is £300 in the UK so considering those. I could alwatys go sencond hand though. Would these be good of the genre that I listed to. Does anyone have any other (preferably cheaper) options so look into?

Thanks

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing