Please help

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Ok so I did a test I took the right speaker wire and plugged it to a left speaker and the tweeter is working

Good, we know the tweeter is working.

Oh and I got bananas

Good, much easier to connect.

I bet it’s something really stupid

I was thinking the same; just as Tapetech suggested earlier make sure the gold plated jumpers on your speakers are tight from all four binding posts (nuts). With the banana plugs you won't never have to unscrew and screw them again. Those jumpers have to make good contact with the four posts (the two + together and the two - together) for the woofers and tweeters.

One day @ a time ...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Later on, when all thirteen speakers and two subwoofers are connected (7.2.6 or 9.2.4 configuration), Kal is going to be your man to calibrate them all together with Audyssey MultEQ XT 32 Platinum Auto Room Acoustic EQ & Speakers Calibration (Bass Management).

You're going to need an additional six-channel power amplification.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Yes I can but I’m a big rig welder :) besides I wouldn’t know how to plug those lol

One of my next door neighbor is a big welder too, with his own rig (heavy duty truck and generator). He contracts in Northern Alberta on oil fields, one of the best welders.

My Dad worked all his life in the steel industry, as a designer first then a world dealer.
Once they built the world's largest industrial dipper. They made steel to build bridges and steel to be welded under water. They made few "crossovers".

RIP Dad. ...John.

Aylmerwolf

Feb 13, 2019
One of my next door neighbor is a big welder too, with his own rig (heavy duty truck and generator). He contracts in Northern Alberta on oil fields, one of the best welders.

My Dad worked all his life in the steel industry, as a designer first then a world dealer.
Once they built the world's largest industrial dipper. They made steel to build bridges and steel to be welded under water. They made few "crossovers".

RIP Dad. ...John.
Sorry for ur loss
This is setup still in the works

Attachments

• 1CDFD748-7012-4852-863E-AA7F0C79761B.jpeg
    1CDFD748-7012-4852-863E-AA7F0C79761B.jpeg
    252.5 KB · Views: 6

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Do you have the switch on the back of the amp set to unbalanced on each channel since you are using RCA?

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015

If you have done a factory reset and are completely familiar with the set up menus, my guess is you unfortunately have a defective unit. You have confirmed the speaker is ok by moving it to the other channel, hook ups appear to be correct.
Call your retailer, you spent some good coin with them, they should come out with little to no charge.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
That online manual is a good guide for startup.
I would have my laptop or tablet nearby to set a complex 13.2-channel setup for the first time.
You can navigate all the sections. If something is unclear we are here.
We have all the time in the whole world ...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing