PlayClassics album premiere for WBF members

Mario Martinez

Aug 17, 2016
www.playclassics.com
Once more I am coming back to the forum to share our latest work with you all.

Many of you already know about our research and have greatly contributed to making it work with your valuable feedback. Here is a link to our previous thread: PlayClassics TRT v2.0 master file giveaway for WBF members

I am extremely grateful for this so I would love to share this last work with you which I think represents the summit of what our technology is able to do.

For those who do not know about our project, these recordings are all made with just two mics. No mixing and mastering involved. Just a stereo pickup and a calibrated system to produce the most transparent possible sound. You can read about it at: http://www.playclassics.com/trtsound

This particular album with sextets for piano and winds by Ravel, Poulenc and Françaix, will be released on February 19th 2020, but as of right now it will be available to all WBF members as a free master file (24/96) download. All you have to do is ask and I will be happy to send you a gift code to download the album.

Of course, as always, we would love to have your feedback so we can use it as testimonials on our web page :)

PC19001 360 (preview).jpg

Reactions: lordcloud

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Great to know about it - I have a few of your great recordings, and in this recording the choice of music also sounds very promising. Can I get a download code?

rubinken

Jan 15, 2020
Olympia, WA, USA

Many of you already know about our research and have greatly contributed to making it work with your valuable feedback. Here is a link to our previous thread: PlayClassics TRT v2.0 master file giveaway for WBF members

I am extremely grateful for this so I would love to share this last work with you which I think represents the summit of what our technology is able to do.

For those who do not know about our project, these recordings are all made with just two mics. No mixing and mastering involved. Just a stereo pickup and a calibrated system to produce the most transparent possible sound. You can read about it at: http://www.playclassics.com/trtsound

This particular album with sextets for piano and winds by Ravel, Poulenc and Françaix, will be released on February 19th 2020, but as of right now it will be available to all WBF members as a free master file (24/96) download. All you have to do is ask and I will be happy to send you a gift code to download the album.

Of course, as always, we would love to have your feedback so we can use it as testimonials on our web page :)

View attachment 61591
Looking forward to listening to this. Would you kindly send a code?
Thanks.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I still enjoy your older recordings and would love to have a taste of your new recording. I wish you succeed on your endeavours.

Mario Martinez

Aug 17, 2016
www.playclassics.com
I still enjoy your older recordings and would love to have a taste of your new recording. I wish you succeed on your endeavours.

I hope you like what you hear on this one :)

All our albums (new ones and old ones) are now on calibration 2.0f.

If you have albums from previous thread they will have older calibrations (whatever we had at that time). You can see what calibration you have in the tagging of the tracks.

Mr P

Apr 17, 2015
Fort Myers, Florida
I would like to try this. Please send me the code. Thank you.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Dear Mario,

I do not know what changes you have done on your recording chain but you got it right. This recording is definitely better sounding than the older ones and they were already good.

Do you mean you have rereleased your older recordings or changed the way you record now? I had the Albeniz when it got out and the first one you did back then I guess. They were both solo piano.

Mario Martinez

Aug 17, 2016
www.playclassics.com
Dear Mario,

I do not know what changes you have done on your recording chain but you got it right. This recording is definitely better sounding than the older ones and they were already good.

Do you mean you have rereleased your older recordings or changed the way you record now? I had the Albeniz when it got out and the first one you did back then I guess. They were both solo piano.

We have re-released all of them. They have all been updated to the current (more transparent) calibration 2.0f.

All our albums have been recorded using the exact same fixed physical setup (same hall, same acoustics, same stage, same mic placement and arrangement, same recording chain) so the same calibration can be applied to all or them.

They should all sound now just as transparent as this Modern Times album did.

How this works and why it produces such transparent results is described here: http://www.playclassics.com/trtsound

The text is a bit long but I think it is worth reading, I will be happy to answer any questions you may have... :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
This is good Mario what you guys do by sharing your experiments and evolution into music recordings with the public, through real hirez music recording downloads.

I found this latest one gel very nicely together, from a first take. More to come ...
It takes time and true effort to reach the dedicated nirvana ...

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
Dear Mr. Martinez
would you add also me for a gift code? The "Modern times" from Harmonie du Soir ensemble is my choice.
Thank you very much!
all the best from Northwest Italy
Marco

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com

View attachment 61591

Hello Mario, I'm a physical media guy and listen mainly to SACDs, but I have ripped my RBCDs to .flac files, purchased some music downloads, and listen using JRiver through my EMM Labs XDS1 DAC.

Are these .flac files? You look like you have an exceptional recording studio. I'm looking forward to hearing how your TRT files sound in comparison.

Would you be so kind as to send me the download code?

Thanks, Len

Mario Martinez

Aug 17, 2016
www.playclassics.com
Are these .flac files? You look like you have an exceptional recording studio. I'm looking forward to hearing how your TRT files sound in comparison.

Hi Len,

once you enter the code you will be able to download flac and wav files on all these formats:
24bit 96kHz
24bit 48kHz
16bit 44,1kHz
plus LAME MP3 VBR 48kHz

Narayan

Oct 6, 2015
Mario, first of all thank you very much for your generosity, If it´s still available I would love a code to be able to listen to the album.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing