Pink Faun V4 Updates

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Hello Everyone,

I finally got around to doing a full run through of the updates of the latest release from Pink Faun for Stylus. Forgot to mention in the video the improvements in sound as I was focused on getting the features covered. There is a definite improvement in the midrange and treble area as it is cleaner and the music has more resolution. Also forgot to mention in Roon you have to enable Squeezebox to use the Dual Ultra for Roon on the Front end and Stylus on the backend

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Since this video is more focused on Stylus updates here is the video of the walkthrough of Stylus for general use and playback

flkin

Mar 7, 2019
Bangkok
I have a bit to add about the off-line playback function. You can break out of it by pressing the on/off button one time. Yes, you would have to walk up to the streamer for that, but that's like walking up to lift the tonearm up on a vinyl system to stop playback. Listening to off-line might actually be good for our health! :-D

In Euphony v4, I think this seems to work in my 2.16x. But I don't know if this is true in the dual Ultra system or which power button to press, the File Server or the End Point renderer.

cloudcrow

Jun 6, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I finally got around to doing a full run through of the updates of the latest release from Pink Faun for Stylus. Forgot to mention in the video the improvements in sound as I was focused on getting the features covered. There is a definite improvement in the midrange and treble area as it is cleaner and the music has more resolution. Also forgot to mention in Roon you have to enable Squeezebox to use the Dual Ultra for Roon on the Front end and Stylus on the backend

Sorry, but I must correct you on your explanation for Roon + StylusEP option.
This option is not for a dual system - it will start both Roon AND StylusEP on the same machine. This is meant to improve sound playback (using Stylus playback engine) while retaining the Roon Library experience.
For dual system playback you would start Roon on server and StylusEP on endpoint. In both cases you must enable Squeezebox protocol on Roon so it can connect to StylusEP network port (in first case it is a local connection and in second case it is a connected to endpoint machine).

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Sorry, but I must correct you on your explanation for Roon + StylusEP option.
This option is not for a dual system - it will start both Roon AND StylusEP on the same machine. This is meant to improve sound playback (using Stylus playback engine) while retaining the Roon Library experience.
For dual system playback you would start Roon on server and StylusEP on endpoint. In both cases you must enable Squeezebox protocol on Roon so it can connect to StylusEP network port (in first case it is a local connection and in second case it is a connected to endpoint machine).

Yes you are correct. Been too used to talking through everything as a dual Ultra setup. Thanks for catching that!

flkin

Mar 7, 2019
Bangkok
I just want to add that unless using Roon is necessary for its wonderful interface, the sound really cannot compare with Stylus playback. Even Roon / squeezebox playback is still quite a way off Stylus alone and furthermore cannot play all the higher resolution files anyway, being limited to 24/96.

I get around this by using separate two systems, a Stylus one for playback and a Roon one pointing to an identical backup of the Stylus files which I use for music search and discovery and also adding streaming albums to the database. These streaming albums then appear automatically in the Stylus system’s Qobuz/Tidal displays ready for play. A little work to set up but works well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing