Pacific dac: Lampizator's new top of the line dac

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Agreed the Tak buffs up the midrange and puts it forward and totally bores me
The Takatsuki 274b is a real bad sounding rectifier. VERY expensive and not worth the price at all :eek:
PS: If anyone wants to get rid of that POS Taka recti, please contact me ;)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The Takatsuki 274b is a real bad sounding rectifier. VERY expensive and not worth the price at all :eek:

If I had one I gladly would have

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
My question for galvonic was not on the digital side but the analog
Empirical audio makes one as well it is galvanic I'll bet his is.
In doing so a few good things happen
As we isolate we increase dynamics both micro and macro
Also speed
Next or maintains a perfect imp match as a LAMPI dac is a OTL as such it' varies with load and sound level output
Any passive or active fixies this
Lastly it can help in vol matching if an active preamp after is used.

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
Depending on how things go, I may actually consider doing this.

Reactions: christoph

cmchan

Aug 24, 2018
The Slagle
nomI haven’t.
My question for galvonic was not on the digital side but the analog
Empirical audio makes one as well it is galvanic I'll bet his is.
In doing so a few good things happen
As we isolate we increase dynamics both micro and macro
Also speed
Next or maintains a perfect imp match as a LAMPI dac is a OTL as such it' varies with load and sound level output
Any passive or active fixies this
Lastly it can help in vol matching if an active preamp after is used.
I have a MBL Preamp as well. However - for me the Emia is more transparent and revealing. Also very natural and musical. I’ve also tried a Thomas Mayer line stage in my system and it did sound very nice, but a little more coloured than the Emia.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
For kedar and others who think like him And don't take this the wrong way
The tak recti is the close cousin of the original we 274b. As I have both it's close and far better then ps vane and other new clone versions
The nos Version is considered the holy grail of recti tubes as is there 300 b set tube
Owning all it's very apparent they are worthy of this given title.
In a direct compare of nos and new the tak only has a bit more Low end weight.
This leads to a bit more air.
Now why some may feel it's boring is beyond my comprehension over all. But as this is audio and we all do have our own perception it's given this can be true.
So I now have one question for all nay sayers
Please explain how it and other faves compare
And this is an honest ask.
Thanks in advance

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
The tak recti is the close cousin of the original we 274b. As I have both it's close and far better then ps vane and other new clone versions
The nos Version is considered the holy grail of recti tubes as is there 300 b set tube
Now why some may feel it's boring is beyond my comprehension over all. But as this is audio and we all do have our own perception it's given this can be true.
Thanks in advance

I'll be comparing it against the RK 5U4G and the USAF 569. I'll look to keep the two rectifiers that sound the best across my musical tastes in my system. I'm not much of a collector of expensive audio, so I'll probably look to offload the rectifier that places third, in my system, of course.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Thanks in advance

You are now commenting on the NOS. The reason the TAK is boring is because what it does to its mids is a color, and that color keeps repeating across tracks and sounds very artificial

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
When you're at my place we can quickly roll between them and any other recti you like I have.

wil

Jul 22, 2015
You are now commenting on the NOS. The reason the TAK is boring is because what it does to its mids is a color, and that color keeps repeating across tracks and sounds very artificial

The "TAK is boring" in your system, to your ears.

I've only compared to the Kron 5U4G, but in my system, to my ears, the TAK has a rich but uncolored mid range.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The "TAK is boring" in your system, to your ears.

I've only compared to the Kron 5U4G, but in my system, to my ears, the TAK has a rich but uncolored mid range.

Correction. I found it boring in 3 systems, to my ears.. and both the recti and the 300b had the color of trying to artificially make the mids rich and plump. I did not say it wasn't rich compared to the KR

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Boring is a very powerful word to use on Someone's exp high system
Did you tell the 3 poor inviters it was boring lol.
Maybe both of you need a vibrating seat cushion with the shock option to sit on to excite you guys to get through it.
This is soo absurdly over the top in views
Hahaha

Last edited:

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Correction. I found it boring in 3 systems, to my ears.. and both the recti and the 300b had the color of trying to artificially make the mids rich and plump. I did not say it wasn't rich compared to the KR

For anyone who might be influenced by the above proclamation that the Tak 274 and 300b are "boring" with artificially blooming mids on the Pacific, I would just say take a listen if you can, as this couldn't be further from the truth in my case.

And, obviously, also room, system, ear/brain dependent...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
For anyone who might be influenced by the above proclamation that the Tak 274 and 300b are "boring" with artificially blooming mids on the Pacific, I would just say take a listen if you can, as this couldn't be further from the truth in my case.

And, obviously, also room, system, ear/brain dependent...

Sure, everyone should take a listen to everything they possibly can. Just don't be influenced by the high price

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Nor someone's obvious hearing impairment lol. Why the vendetta I'll never get but as it's only you it's obvious bias
Did you buy a seat yet hahaha.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Nor someone's obvious hearing impairment lol. Why the vendetta I'll never get but as it's only you it's obvious bias
Did you buy a seat yet hahaha.

Color and sounding the same on each track bores me. I like the change in track recordings to show through, like with 242.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA

As i recall @213Cobra agrees on the Tak 300b. For that kind of $, not a very objective tube.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
As i recall @213Cobra agrees on the Tak 300b. For that kind of $, not a very objective tube.

Yeah it sucked people in on pricing itself and for most people it became something special, these people should have bought vivaldi instead.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing