Our Plans for the NEW FORUM

admin1959

THE FIXER (I build websites)
Mar 27, 2010
Hi Guys, (I am the back room boy who fixes stuff) and also known as astrostar59 when I was 'only' a member.
But post in the bug thread if you have issues on the forum please.

Some thoughts, we have a bug thread, and a suggestion box which is most useful.

I also wanted to highlight here what our plans are going forward as well as fire fighting and bug fixing.

WBF is all about quality content and sharing the experiences of our member base.
Sharing knowledge, nuggets of wisdom and recommendation on gear can be a gift from heaven to audiophiles and newbies trying to find their way around the audio jungle.

To publish this content, we have set up various facilities now, and have other even more exciting things planned!

1. Encourage ALL members to post product reviews as owners, or as those who have heard the product at home or in a long demo situation. (email admin for promotion to an Article).
2. Encourage members to upload their system photos into our new Member Systems gallery. (some of these may be included in our WBF Newsletters).
3. Write any audio journeys or audio related stories members maybe interested in for promotion to an Article. (email admin for promotion to an Article).
4. Write a story on a visit to an audiophiles / buddies house that you can share with the community. (email admin for promotion to an Article).

Articles then go out to the mass member base in our WBF Newsletter, and also feature on the Home Page.

Our Newsletters will go out every month, and possibly more frequently than that depending on content.

WBF Newsletters are aimed at widening the exposure of new material, text and images that members have posted.

We also have other facilities planned to offer members more customisations and personalisations such as a more powerful profile area for example and Gallery functions.

The point of all this?
Well I firmly believe WBF is a unique forum especially for high end audio in the English speaking world. It has vast experience via our member base. We pride ourselves on polite, respectful and ordered content. There are members who have been with us from the start. We enjoy talking about audio, products we hear, and meeting other audiophiles face to face and online.

Lastly we are all obsessed about music. What else is there?

Watch this space....

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I couldn't have said it any better

Our goal in doing this major platform change which has taken well over 8 weeks is to make WBF a better place and easier to navigate in order to find what you are searching for

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Now that astrostar59 has unmasked himself (I have been watiing for this!) I want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to him for being the technical brains and brawn behind our conversion from vBulletin to Xenforo! Astrostar59 has been working continuously and for many weeks to make this changeover as successful and as seamless as posssible. We all owe him a big debt of gratitude!

Astrostar59 has been technically excellent, incredibly competent, extremely diligent, very flexible, very helpful and a complete joy to work with! And Steve gets full credit for engaging him!

astrostar59 is a talented web designer and programmer. If you have a website or programming project you should hire him!

(I have had the privilege of making comments from the back seat. Steve and astrostar59 have done all the driving!)

Last edited:
Reactions: admin1959 and GMKF

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Thanks a lot astrostar59!

It is nice to know that WBF is being administrated from the Iberian Peninsula!

Reactions: admin1959

Steve Williams

Now that astrostar59 has unmasked himself (I have been watiing for this!) I want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to him for being the technical brains and brawn behind our conversion from vBulletin to Xenforo! Astrostar59 has been working continuously and for many weeks to make this changeover as successful and as seamless as posssible. We all owe him a big debt of gratitude!

Astrostar59 has been technically excellent, incredibly competent, extremely diligent, very flexible, very helpful and a complete joy to work with! And Steve gets full credit for engaging him!

astrostar59 is a talented web designer and programmer. If you have a website or programming project you should hire him!

(I have had the privilege of making comments from the back seat. Steve and astrostar59 have done all the driving!)

I totally agree Ron

I first met astrostar59 last year as he introduced himself as a web site designer and computer programmer. As Ron aptly stated, he is the brains behind the entire thing. The work arounds and bug fixes he has done so far on this new platform are nothing short of amazing as there have been times when we submitted the problem to our web host to fix and he was unable. Astrostar looked at it and fixed it in less than 5 minutes

I am so impressed with his work that I got him jobs with TechDas as well as Vladimir Lamm to redo their woefully old websites. His list of jobs done for major companies is quite impressive. In fact I also hired him to create my own website www.pitchperfectsound.com

I totally agree with Ron. For anyone that needs computer design I too endorse his work whole heartedly

Here at WBF we are still a work in progress and thanks to astrostar, everything we have aimed for, he provided and all the bugs all of us found, he has slowly but methodically fixed

So huge shout out to astrostar

Steve Williams

if there is a downside , it only affects me. Astrostar is 9 time zones ahead of me and in order for us to coordinate our thoughts each day I found myself getting out of bed all too early in order to have our tete a tete :eek:

admin1959

Mar 27, 2010
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. So, anyone want an effective fit for purpose website doing..... we used to call it in the trade - 'effective design' and that is how I like to work. Nice to make things look pretty, BUT they have to be effective as well.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
W-O-W...Astrostar...fantastic! Well Done! We may just give you a ring for more business!

Just looked at Lamm's website...my goodness...probably the single best improvement in a website EVER!

admin1959

Mar 27, 2010
W-O-W...Astrostar...fantastic! Well Done! We may just give you a ring for more business!

Just looked at Lamm's website...my goodness...probably the single best improvement in a website EVER!
Ooh I like you.. a LOT.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thank you Astrostar for all your hard work.
It is clearly evident in the new site and the plans for the future look good.
Really appreciated.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Only to help ... I got these two interruptions earlier ... I'm sure you already know so take it as a positive and not a reminder of what you already know. It doesn't affect me in any way, shape or form. I am totally relax and happy. Just saying in case ...

20191015_125455.jpg

/////

20191015_125529.jpg

Like I said I only share in case it might help, and nothing else.
My intention is pure, good and positive...helping, sharing, advancing with my community.

Steve Williams

we seem to all have been having problems Bob since the DDoS block was inserted.

There have been issues for the past few days that we are trying to solve and still have that DDoS block

I had problems this morning finding myself logged out and suddenly we had 2 step verification that we never used before. Plus the buttons in the NavBar were difficult to make functional as I had to click them several times. The 2 step verification has been removed but there have been other issues.

We are well aware of them

Reactions: Jiffi32 and ddk

Sencha

Nov 11, 2013
U.K.
Astrostar, while I may not be a big poster here I have read a lot of the discussions and want to say how much I appreciate your (and everyone else’s) efforts in bringing this forum into being and allowing so much knowledge to be so freely shared. Many thanks indeed!

Aug 12, 2019
I'm not a big poster as I travel ALOT and don't always get the time I'd like to mouch around and post but I've become an occassional member on a few varied forums of late and still keep coming back to this one. It has a great feel and I love the plans you've laid out. All good stuff and thanks for all your hard work.

Reactions: Steve Williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing