Ordering a Bokrand Tonearm

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
It seems Alfred is taking steps to help him with eBay orders. I got an alert for Ortofon tonearm and saw the following message in the listing. Hopefully, this means that he has control over the previous orders and he is taking steps to ensure that previous orders are fulfilled soon and avoid the issue in the future.

Screenshot 2023-03-27 150537.png

Adnick

Feb 1, 2023
Well Alfred missed another “ship date“, this is his 3rd or 4th, each one was of his own making….He told me it would be ready to ship this past weekend, sent him a note, (no reply) and gave hime 3 extra days prior to posting this:(

Really unfortunate that he is not meeting his own projected & re-projected delivery dates…..

Andy

• Sad
Reactions: shadowlight

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
Well Alfred missed another “ship date“, this is his 3rd or 4th, each one was of his own making….He told me it would be ready to ship this past weekend, sent him a note, (no reply) and gave hime 3 extra days prior to posting this:(

Really unfortunate that he is not meeting his own projected & re-projected delivery dates…..

Andy
Yeah, I have come to conclusion that I just need to move on and look for alternate tonearm. So far he has yet to respond to any of my messages since the last time he requested the information on March 16th. So if anyone have any alternate tonearm recommendations let me know.

Edit: I sent message to daughters eBay account yesterday, and so far nothing.

jakob.stafseth

Mar 23, 2023
Message from Alfred this evening:

Hi Jakob,

I will make the booking tomorrow and then send you the confirmation from the carrier

Best regards

Alfred

jakob.stafseth

Mar 23, 2023
He has followed up on my request from last week, so I'm cool so far...

Adnick

Feb 1, 2023
Alfred just sent me an offer via eBay to save 100 pounds on his new tonearm!

Now that tends to ruffle the feathers of someone waiting on an arm that was promised in January :(

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
Alfred just sent me an offer via eBay to save 100 pounds on his new tonearm!

Now that tends to ruffle the feathers of someone waiting on an arm that was promised in January :(
Hmm, so basically he is saying oh pay me 200 more for something that you already paid for. How about just delivering what was paid?

At least he is communicating with you :mad:

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
I have been watching one of Alfred's arms 'NEW ! 12" Ortofon tonearm AB-309 banana IMPROVED-for SME type Headshells' and also received an offer of a £100 saving from £895 to £795 !

Looks like he is dishing out offers on tonearms to increase his order quantity yet he can't deliver to customers who have ordered months ago for possibly the higher price !

• Wow

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
I wonder if eBay is sending these messages out. For fun, I added all of his tonearms to watch about hr ago and got an offer of 55 GBP on his 12" arm.

Adnick

Feb 1, 2023
The seller has to interact and approve the offer….in the past I’ve offered to buy whatever arm he has ready to sell or ship, built a plinth that’s waiting on the arm to finish.

VR
Andy

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
The seller has to interact and approve the offer….in the past I’ve offered to buy whatever arm he has ready to sell or ship, built a plinth that’s waiting on the arm to finish.

VR
Andy
Maybe, I should send him a counter offer asking when is the previous arm going to be shipped :D

Edit: Does he not realize that he is sending offers to folks who are already waiting for their tonearms.

Reactions: Bonesy Jonesy

Adnick

Feb 1, 2023
Ok, Alfred contacted me this evening stating he will ship tomorrow….I’ll report back.

Adnick

Feb 1, 2023
Alfred has contacted me several times today confIrving info for shipping, so at least that’s good

Adnick

Feb 1, 2023
Yahoo! Alfred followed up this time and shipped, have the tracking information, I’ll report back when it arrives ;)

Andy

Adnick

Feb 1, 2023
Andy, how is the tonearm sounding?
Funny you should ask….all Alfred did was to create a shipping label, he never actually shipped the arm:mad:

Because I’ve been waiting months for an arm promised in January, I had offered to buy whatever arm he had ready, so today he said he would ship me an arm new banana arm Friday for 850 GBP, the same arm he offered to sell a few days ago to several on eBay for 750 GBP:rolleyes:

Not a happy camper,

Andy

• Sad

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
Funny you should ask….all Alfred did was to create a shipping label, he never actually shipped the arm:mad:

Because I’ve been waiting months for an arm promised in January, I had offered to buy whatever arm he had ready, so today he said he would ship me an arm new banana arm Friday for 850 GBP, the same arm he offered to sell a few days ago to several on eBay for 750 GBP:rolleyes:

Not a happy camper,

Andy
He responded today to me saying he needs another week to ship the arm. Let's see if he does that next week.

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing