Ordering a Bokrand Tonearm

Adnick

Feb 1, 2023
Thanks…..Originally talked to him about the order in late December, and paid him in early January.

VR
Andy

Reactions: JH_No

Kjetil

Oct 28, 2022
Hamar, Norway
Congrats, Adnick. Looks absolutely smashing.

Reactions: Adnick

JH_No

Mar 8, 2023
Thanks…..Originally talked to him about the order in late December, and paid him in early January.

VR
Andy
I'm really happy for you, but I'm pretty angry with Alfred. I ordered and paid in October. Exactly the same arm that you now have.

@alfredbokrand do you understand why I'm frustrated?

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
I'm really happy for you, but I'm pretty angry with Alfred. I ordered and paid in October. Exactly the same arm that you now have.

@alfredbokrand do you understand why I'm frustrated?
Maybe 'Adnick' has yours ????

JH_No

Mar 8, 2023
Maybe 'Adnick' has yours ????
Well, I think Alfred just have messed things up. Lost track of orders, and that is why he gets so many complains on email that he now struggles to handle. The frustration is reaching new levels every week.

I'm really happy for Adnick, and also glad to hear that Alfred is not dead or something. That hopefully means that there is still a slightly chance that I will get a tonearm in the distant future...

je2a3

Apr 25, 2020
north of philly
jelabs.blogspot.com

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Well, I think Alfred just have messed things up. Lost track of orders, and that is why he gets so many complains on email that he now struggles to handle. The frustration is reaching new levels every week.

I'm really happy for Adnick, and also glad to hear that Alfred is not dead or something. That hopefully means that there is still a slightly chance that I will get a tonearm in the distant future...
Feel for you in your frustrations and worries 'JH_No'.

I was thinking a while ago about getting a Bokrand Arm as a second arm for my Kuzma XL DC fitted with an Ortofon SPU cartridge which would be a nice complement to my Kuzma 4Point currently fitted with an MSL Eminent Ex cartridge.

However, from reading over the last few months the terrible and long waiting time experiences a lot of WBF members have had (and maybe a lot more other disappointed and frustrated people not on WBF) I think I will pass on purchasing a Bokrand arm and either get a second hand Ortofon TOTL arm or a second hand Viv Labs arm instead !

Reactions: Adnick and JH_No

Robert Young

VIP/Donor
Oct 22, 2020
New York CIty
Feel for you in your frustrations and worries 'JH_No'.

I was thinking a while ago about getting a Bokrand Arm as a second arm for my Kuzma XL DC fitted with an Ortofon SPU cartridge which would be a nice complement to my Kuzma 4Point currently fitted with an MSL Eminent Ex cartridge.

However, from reading over the last few months the terrible and long waiting time experiences a lot of WBF members have had (and maybe a lot more other disappointed and frustrated people not on WBF) I think I will pass on purchasing a Bokrand arm and either get a second hand Ortofon TOTL arm or a second hand Viv Labs arm instead !
This is odd to me. There is no comparison between the used arms you are considering and a Bokrand. Despite the challenges Alfred has meeting promised dates, he still delivers an amazing arm that takes less time from order to delivery than a Schroeder. If you just adjusted (or ignored) time considerations and assumed 8 months rather than 3 or 4 weeks, you’d be ecstatic with what you get.

i wish Alfred could underpromise and overdeliver in the time realm, rather than the other way around, and i understand the frustrations, but as a very satisfied owner, the end is well-worth the wait. Bailing out because an artificial deadline was missed (even missed by a lot) only hurts the bailer.

jakob.stafseth

Mar 23, 2023
I kind of agree, I am not bailing out, yet… (ordered in mid nov…). But it is really frustrating, and on top of that see that others getting their arms when they have ordered later than you. ( I am happy for everyone getting their new arm).

JH_No

Mar 8, 2023
This is odd to me. There is no comparison between the used arms you are considering and a Bokrand. Despite the challenges Alfred has meeting promised dates, he still delivers an amazing arm that takes less time from order to delivery than a Schroeder. If you just adjusted (or ignored) time considerations and assumed 8 months rather than 3 or 4 weeks, you’d be ecstatic with what you get.

i wish Alfred could underpromise and overdeliver in the time realm, rather than the other way around, and i understand the frustrations, but as a very satisfied owner, the end is well-worth the wait. Bailing out because an artificial deadline was missed (even missed by a lot) only hurts the bailer.
Yes, I’m not bailing out either. Just a pain in the a*# when you expected delivery i Nov/Dec….

Robert Young

VIP/Donor
Oct 22, 2020
New York CIty
I kind of agree, I am not bailing out, yet… (ordered in mid nov…). But it is really frustrating, and on top of that see that others getting their arms when they have ordered later than you. ( I am happy for everyone getting their new arm).
I’m actually an early adopter, having owned a Bokrand for a couple of years, so i’m not quite as invested in the problem as many of you are. I think the frustration expressed is understandable and justified. I’m just trying to remind people that the quality and performance of the arm is worth the wait…

I bought it originally to use with an SPU, with which it is extraordinary. But recently I’ve been toying with a Sony XL-55 pro, and I’m blown away. What a great cartridge. And the split counterweights make getting the arm and cartridge in sync super easy. I wish i had the Sony PUA-9 arm to compare with the Bokrand, as i understand that arm and cartridge to be one of Sony’s great achievements in the golden age of analogue….next up is a Tedeska, if Solypsa ever gets it back from Fremer. I’ll be trying that cartridge out on the Schroeder Reference as well, as i want to compare the Tedeska with my Allaerts, all else being equal. Should be fun. Maybe the Bokrand will beat out the Schroeder…;)

i really hope that all of you get your arms, and that the stress of dealing with his self-created schedule challenges doesn’t damage Alfred, who is a great craftsman and a lovely person.

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain

I wasn't comparing a Bokrand arm with an Ortofon TOTL arm or a Viv Labs arm. They are currently alternatives to a Bokrand arm if I decide not to pursue purchasing a Bokrand in the not too distant future !

Robert Young

VIP/Donor
Oct 22, 2020
New York CIty
I wasn't comparing a Bokrand arm with an Ortofon TOTL arm or a Viv Labs arm. They are currently alternatives to a Bokrand arm if I decide not to pursue purchasing a Bokrand in the not too distant future !
Sorry. I assumed that a list of alternatives implied comparison.
Like i wrote previously, a long wait doesn’t make a great thing less great when it finally arrives. Examples are both the Bokrand and the Schroeder.

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
I agree with @Robert Young view on this; great value, no history of absolute flaking, yeah lots of late deliveries. Caveat emptor

@Bonesy Jonesy the Bokrand is a great deal but a used Viv Lab is too, as the secondary market sales are usually well priced due to the quirky nature of the arm. Either way good choice :)

Adnick

Feb 1, 2023
One point is that, when my original order was placed, it was for the old style arm with expedited delivery, and since he missed the delivery over and over again, eventually agreed to pay him the difference if he’d send me his latest & greatest….

At one time there was a picture of the original arm ordered along with DHL shipping info, but it was never shipped (to me at least). Had offered to buy whatever he had ready to ship, so about a month ago I sent him the extra money for a new version, had a UPS tracking number but it never left….

I‘m disappointed he agreed to expedite “prefer” an arm build for me with all the back orders, and then he didn’t deliver, many missed assurances.

With all that said, it an exceptional arm, it just exudes quality, probably can’t be matched for several times it’s cost? Wouldn’t sell it for twice the money!

Really believe Alfred will fulfill his orders as long as he’s able, and everyone that gets an arm will have something special…..

Andy

Adnick

Feb 1, 2023
Going to wait until I have my hands on it before I order the Thorens TD124 arm board for it :)
If it’s actually in progress that’s great, you’ll enjoy that on your TD124, have a Stax UA70 on my TD124…..

Fingers crossed,
Andy

MarcusD

Sep 28, 2022
Got my official shipping email from DHL, 10 inch arm will be in New Zealand by next Wednesday latest. It was picked up in Spain yesterday.
Thank you Alfred, my brother will be very happy.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing