On A Higher Note Is Having An Epic Event Sept 28

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Philip O'Hanlon and I have been friends for well over 15 years. Whenever I go to audio shows I typically always visit his room first as he always plays the best music and has the best demos. Philip is truly a music lover and whenever he has his new annual demo disk I am the first in line to get one. I believe he is now on demo disk 21 and they are all great

On September 28th from 3 pm to 6 pm 40+ high end audio store locations in N. America in celebration of Abbey Road's 50th Anniversary release. This is by far the largest coast-to-coast North American high end audio party we know.

Philip has established a dedicated website for this much anticipated event

https://mormusic.today

Press Release from On A Higher Note

Page 1 of 2

For Immediate Release Contact: Philip O’Hanlon Phone: 949-544-1990 Email: info@onahighernote.com Celebrate Abbey Road: MORmusic.today and On A Higher Note, LLC Welcome Music Lovers on September 28 to a Coast-to-Coast Party in HiFi Stores Across N. America Commemorating 50th Anniversary of the iconic album’s release Beatles fans will have a rare opportunity to hear all 17 tracks, remixed, remastered, and delivered on premium sound systems in over 40 local HiFi stores

Page 2 of 2
Los Angeles, CA – September 14, 2019, - In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the release of The Beatles iconic LP Abbey Road, North American premier audio stores will welcome local music lovers to a special event honoring the Fab Four’s top-selling album on September 28, 2019 from 3 to 6 pm. Originally released on September 26, 1969, Abbey Road is considered a musical masterpiece, ranking among the greatest artistic achievements of the 20th Century. The album’s unforgettable music has transcended its era, producing legendary hit singles like “Come Together,” “Something,” “Here Comes the Sun” and “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer.” To date, more than 14 million albums have been sold, topping all of the band’s 12 studio releases. To honor this historic 50th anniversary, over 40 independent stores in over 20 states across the United States and Canada will play the newly remastered album on its premium quality sound system, delivering a one-of-a-kind experience for Beatles fans. Featuring the original 17 tracks newly mixed by producer Giles Martin (son of George Martin) and mix engineer Sam Okell, the new LP and CD is offered in stereo, high-resolution stereo, 5.1 surround, and Dolby Atmos (24/96 on Blu Ray), accompanied by 23 session recordings and demos, most of which have never been released. More comprehensive information about this special music experience is accessible at www.MORmusic.today WHEN: • Saturday, September 28 from 3 p.m to 6 p.m. local time WHERE: • Visit www.MORmusic.today/location CONTACT: • Philip O’Hanlon | On a Higher Note Phone: 949.544.1990 | www.onahighernote.com | info@onahighernote.com ABOUT MORmusic.today: • MOR Music stands for Magnum Opus Rediscovered Music and is a cultural organization with a mission to transform the way people hear musical masterpieces. For more information visit www.MORmusic.today ABOUT ON A HIGHER NOTE, LLC: • On A Higher Note is a premier distributor of high-end audio components from manufacturers across the globe to high-end audio dealers within the United States and Canada. For more information visit www.onahighernote.com

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Indeed, if this was indeed Philip's idea, it is truly epic.
We're very glad to be participating!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
The information on the site https://mormusic.today/event/celebr...he-50th-anniversary-of-iconic-albums-release/ is not clear

" THE 50th ANNIVERSARY

The 50th Anniversary Edition of Abbey Road will be available in two major formats: CD & vinyl.

The original album’s 17 tracks are newly mixed by producer Giles Martin (son of George Martin) and mix engineer Sam Okell in stereo, high-resolution stereo, 5.1 surround, and Dolby Atmos (24/96 on Blu Ray), accompanied by 23 session recordings and demos, most of which are previously unreleased."

Why mixing in high resolution stereo if it will not become available?

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
The 50th Anniversary Edition of Abbey Road will be available in two major formats: CD & vinyl.

The original album’s 17 tracks are newly mixed by producer Giles Martin (son of George Martin) and mix engineer Sam Okell in stereo, high-resolution stereo, 5.1 surround, and Dolby Atmos (24/96 on Blu Ray), accompanied by 23 session recordings and demos, most of which are previously unreleased."

Why mixing in high resolution stereo if it will not become available?
Perhaps the other formats (like BluRay) are not considered "major formats."

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Blu-rays HDR UHD 4K with Dolby Atmos for both films and music albums are the form and conform today with hires physical multichannel format. It's en extension of movie/music évolution. There is also Blu-ray Pure Audio.

The Dolby Atmos Blu-ray music is the newest, like Auro-3D music on Blu-ray but with a much better chance of expansion for the masses. Auro-3D music content is dead.

The only problem with audiophiles is that you cannot read the grooves from a Blu-ray with a cartridge. Other than that it's a fantastic alternative with tons of beautiful possibilities towards a better tomorrow music multichannel Dolby Atmos.

It takes much greater music dedication than simple mono and stéréo.
It takes pushing the music passion to the highest limit, above ground level.

If the sound mixer has any tasty skills, it's the elevation way.
_____

https://abbeyroad.thebeatles.com/abbey-road-press-release/

Extra: https://blog.dolby.com/holy-grail-experiencing-pepper-dolby-atmos/

Last edited:

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Hey, the other albums Giles worked on (Sgt. Pepper's and White Album) are available as 24/96 streams on Qobuz, for instance. So I bet this one will be as well.
My plan on Saturday is to play the vinyl, and the 24/96 stream right afterwards, if it's available.

Yes, it is available via Qobuz as 24/96.

John Marks via thetannhausergate.com released an article about George Benson's "The Other Side of Abbey Road". A worthwhile reading. http://bit.ly/AbbeyRoadOtherSide

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
We will be participating in the Beatles Abbey Road 50th anniversary event this Saturday(9/28). We will have the new remixed version playing on a top tier system set up at the Embassy Suites Dallas Park Central Area, Carrolton room, 3-6pm.

Miyagi1218

Apr 23, 2016
At Delve Audio, in North Caldwell, we will also be hosting a more intimate version of this event.
Come listen to the remixed 50th Anniversary edition with us. Please RSVP to DelveAudio @icloud.com
We have limited space, so please contact us.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
We had a blast and felt the CD sounded very, very good. And maybe our setup helped ;)

IMG_1723 (2).JPEG

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yup, we had a full house, standing room actually!
fullsizeoutput_100df.jpeg fullsizeoutput_100dc.jpeg

I played the LP first, then I did a quick run through the hi-res files x a 24/96 transcript of an UK original pressing, so folks could get a feel for the improvements in the remix. Then I let the hi-res files play through.
I sold out of all the LPs I had bought. I actually thought I had bought too many, so I guess I underestimated how much people like this album :)

Reactions: KeithR

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing