New Zellaton Reference Ultra series

Like all time, a speaker doesn't make sound for itself. Room, electronics, setup skills.... I am sure at Munich HE the Reference Ultra's will sound different with the typical YS Sound/Schnerzinger setup.

Reactions: ashandger
I have the Zellaton "Plural" Evo's in my home system and have many choices of what I can use. I find them exceptional compared to many of the more broadly distributed brands in the US. Add to that the highest German craftsmanship and 100% prop[dietary driver technology. I am especially intrigued by the near full-range driver used, I believe, to 9khz in the two-way under $50k Emotion Evo's displayed at Axpona recently.

Last edited:
I dug deeper into the Emotions at Axpona and found this capsule from Michael Lavorgnia. These are a must-audition if you have a smaller or moderate room, don't want behemoth loudspeakers, and are looking for a speaker with the best available coherence, resolution, and imaging. Gideon told me Zellaton will feature the new Reference speakers in Munich, which I am keen to hear! I plan on spending time at Audio Arts NYC in June to provide deeper insights into the Emotions of listening through our own WestminsterLab electronics and will file an update on this very promising addition to the Zellaton line.

https://twitteringmachines.com/axpona-2024-favorite-rooms-grimm-audio-zellaton/

Last edited:
Thank you all for the comments and yes, we are launching the new Reference Ultra this week in Munich. Hope to meet you there for a little Kraftwerk ;)

Attachments

• Zellaton_Reference_Ultra_Flyer_A4_Print_Style_Old_Seite1.pdf - 1.jpeg
    Zellaton_Reference_Ultra_Flyer_A4_Print_Style_Old_Seite1.pdf - 1.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 10
And thank you to Stereophile for selecting the Zellaton Emotion’s in their Axpona closing entry as “some the finest sounds” at the show. All from a modest 2 way…..

Attachments

• IMG_3552.jpeg
    IMG_3552.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 8

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing