New Wadax Atlantis Reference Dac

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Miguel Alvarez (Tripoint) thoughts after Elliot showroom visit:

“ Today I finally got to listen and experience the Wadax Atlantis Reference dac / Atlantis Reference server with a special optical interface. Everyone who is a serious music lover should listen to this source component. True state of the art in the way that it unravels the music and presents the musical landscape as a whole. Thanks to Elliot at Bending Wave USA Distributor for the opportunity and the warm reception.

One more observation Wadax Atlantis Reference really unleashes the Gobel Divin Noblesse speakers strengths of coherency and instrument density.”

ADEA0305-1A53-4D22-87E2-2FB8F220A6EA.jpeg

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Thanks Stereophonic. Talked yesterday (actually this night CET) extensively with Miguel of Tripoint Audio about his listening experiences at Elliot’s place. He was seriously impressed by the Wadax reference dac + server. Actually he mentioned to me it was the best digital sound he has ever heard. Please keep in mind that Elliot is using the Wadax Akasa cable between the reference dac and server, a (dedicated) cable that was (as the reference server) not available to any of the three reviewers when they reviewed the reference dac and which cable and server - according to Wadax - really unleashes the (full) potential of the reference dac.

Last edited:

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
And to put things in perspective: Miguel visited me about one and a half year ago and listened to my Tidal Camira dac and LDMS server. Although a dedicated vinyl lover he was so impressed with the performance of the Tidal Camira dac and LDMS server that he more than once was moved - literally - to tears. However, this night he made it clear to me that the Wadax reference combo is another digital league.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I have always admired people who listen to a new system and are able to identify the benefits of each of the components separately. I've heard of a system that included the Wadax Reference DAC-Server combo, Vitus electronics, and Göbel speakers. I can only say how much I liked it, but knowing that part of that sound belongs to Wadax without removing it from the system and putting in another DAC-Server combo, I just can't.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
I have always admired people who listen to a new system and are able to identify the benefits of each of the components separately. I've heard of a system that included the Wadax Reference DAC-Server combo, Vitus electronics, and Göbel speakers. I can only say how much I liked it, but knowing that part of that sound belongs to Wadax without removing it from the system and putting in another DAC-Server combo, I just can't.
Fully understand your point. Please note that Miguel is not unfamiliar with Elliot’s room and system because he visited Elliot before. However, the Wadax reference dac and server and Akasa optical interface were new to him.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Reactions: Stereophonic

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I see Roy states the Reference Server "eclipses" the competition. So, he's listened to it side by side with the Extreme? I look fwds to the comparative review.

Reactions: Zarir

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Thanks Stereophonic. Talked yesterday (actually this night CET) extensively with Miguel of Tripoint Audio about his listening experiences at Elliot’s place. He was seriously impressed by the Wadax reference dac + server. Actually he mentioned to me it was the best digital sound he has ever heard. Please keep in mind that Elliot is using the Wadax Akasa cable between the reference dac and server, a (dedicated) cable that was (as the reference server) not available to any of the three reviewers when they reviewed the reference dac and which cable and server - according to Wadax - really unleashes the (full) potential of the reference dac.
Hi Audiocrack.
Talk and extensively goes together when you talk with Miguel…:)
He could be one of the best audio critic…
You know him very well. He doesn’t have any priority with any brand and he is very exigent, at extreme levels…
He seems so excited that he forgot to mention Tripoint can even improve Wadax sound… :D

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi Audiocrack.
Talk and extensively goes together when you talk with Miguel…:)
He could be one of the best audio critic…
You know him very well. He doesn’t have any priority with any brand and he is very exigent, at extreme levels…
He seems so excited that he forgot to mention Tripoint can even improve Wadax sound… :D
Yep, you are completely right. When I talk with Miguel it always takes a lot of time because (I) it is just plain fun, (ii) the Tripoint man had incredible ears, (iii) he has heard a great many of top notch systems, (iv) he is very knowledgeable and - most importantly - (v) he is a completely honest and very nice person.

And I am 100% sure that Elliot will be even much, much more enthusiastic about the Wadax combo after grounding both the Refence dac and server with the Tripoint Elite NG and some high quality Tripoint grounding cables. Javier of Wadax knows exactly because he has met and worked with Miguel on some audio shows in Hong Kong. Of course Javier added for a reason two grounding posts to the reference dac and one grounding post to the reference server. So the Tripoint man and Javier know that Tripoint grounding will add a lot to the sound quality . Maybe you can convince Elliot ?

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
This reveals the stunning sound of Wadax by itself…
From this point you can improve it with components like Tripoint, cables, etc...
But getting great sound, even in the worst conditions, with a basic configuration, is very difficult and Wadax does it.
An example of amazing and best technical design available today
Said that, Tripoint will be always a no brainer purchase...

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
From this point you can improve it with components like Tripoint, cables, etc...
Said that, Tripoint will be always a no brainer purchase...
Totally agree I can honestly state that the sonic improvement wrought by the Tripoint Grounding can be
perfectly demonstrated when one experiences the changes to the performance presentation when Chris at AE
unplugs the Tripoint from the system--whilst playing.

The changes are immediate and obvious.

The Tripoint proves it worth 100 fold -a near staple addition to any Hi End System.

BruceD

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Totally agree I can honestly state that the sonic improvement wrought by the Tripoint Grounding can be
perfectly demonstrated when one experiences the changes to the performance presentation when Chris at AE

The Tripoint proves it worth 100 fold -a near staple addition to any Hi End System.

BruceD
i know my Tripoint Troy Signature and Elite are not the current spec NG Tripoint, but a few times i've allowed the grounding spades to come undone accidently on the dart pre or Select II dac and i immediately realize there is something missing. restored by reconnecting.

it's a part of the magic.

not a building block, a cherry on top.....a really nice cherry.

Reactions: BruceD

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia

BruceD
I heard that at AE . Just a crocodile clip connection to armboard . Once removed , v didn’t want to listen anymore . However when u see what’s inside the Tripoints ( seen older model ) , u wouldn’t want to buy for the ultra price with garden hose ground wire. Wonder what’s the magic

Reactions: BruceD

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
There are so many self interest parties in WBF promoting their preferred brands. So read comments abt their preferences with a pinch of salt

Reactions: Lagonda

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing