New Wadax Atlantis Reference Dac

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wadax Reference DAC, CH Precision 10 Series and Stenheim Reference Ultimes are now ready for demonstration and installation in your home.
Wow congrats! That is quite a world-class system...would love to hear someday. Particularly the Wadax but frankly, I am intrigued by all of it.

Reactions: Sunny

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Wadax Reference DAC, CH Precision 10 Series and Stenheim Reference Ultimes are now ready for demonstration and installation in your home.
A big room with CH Precision L10 and M10 monos.
A perfect place to demo the Wadax Reference DAC!
:D

Sunny

Wow congrats! That is quite a world-class system...would love to hear someday. Particularly the Wadax but frankly, I am intrigued by all of it.
Thanks so much. The combination of the active Stenheim Reference Ultimes, the 10 series electronics, Wadax Reference, HRS Audio Stands and AudioQuest Dragon cables make this the finest system I have ever heard and offered for sale.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks so much. The combination of the active Stenheim Reference Ultimes, the 10 series electronics, Wadax Reference, HRS Audio Stands and AudioQuest Dragon cables make this the finest system I have ever heard and offered for sale.
Wow...given the things that have come under your roof...that is saying something! That being said, Wadax, HRS, CHP do strike me as pretty solid contenders for the pantheon of high end audio. With no direct or even indirect experience with Stenheim with anyone I know...hard to say. But certainly the reviews have been superlative.

How head and shoulders above the rest is the Wadax Reference in your opinion? Happy to PM to avoid your making any statements that as an industry professional could create awkwardness...

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
For me, knowing how good a certain device is in a system that is not yours has always been an impossible mission. In October 2.019 I heard this system in Valencia, in a show organized by Hifi Live Magazine. The components were all world-class, but how do you know how the Wadax DAC is?

Attachments

• 2CE9D67E-FFB0-4515-BECE-DD5A328058B8.jpeg
    2CE9D67E-FFB0-4515-BECE-DD5A328058B8.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 41

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
For me, knowing how good a certain device is in a system that is not yours has always been an impossible mission. In October 2.019 I heard this system in Valencia, in a show organized by Hifi Live Magazine. The components were all world-class, but how do you know how the Wadax DAC is?
You can't. The only way is to borrow it at home. Or get to know your dealer and his systems real well so when he rotates equipment you can make that judgement.

Sunny

The Reference DAC is amazing. Waiting for the Reference Streamer. Complete CH System with 10 series components and Stenheim Speakers.

Attachments

• IMG_9134.jpg
    IMG_9134.jpg
    849.7 KB · Views: 25

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
You can't. The only way is to borrow it at home. Or get to know your dealer and his systems real well so when he rotates equipment you can make that judgement.
Audio is and has always been a system based thing. In fact if you hear one that truly makes you get that feeling that is what you should try to recreate. The constant switching of boxes , particularly when the speakers have not been optimized is a very expensive and non satisfying journey. Howie If I could I would gladly let you hear it in your home but alas we are half a world apart. I do home one day you get to my showroom I think it would be fun.

Reactions: sbnx and howiebrou

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Audio is and has always been a system based thing. In fact if you hear one that truly makes you get that feeling that is what you should try to recreate. The constant switching of boxes , particularly when the speakers have not been optimized is a very expensive and non satisfying journey. Howie If I could I would gladly let you hear it in your home but alas we are half a world apart. I do home one day you get to my showroom I think it would be fun.
I look forward to that day Elliot!:)

Reactions: Elliot G.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Of yours?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I received the Wadax Atlantis Reference DAC last Thursday afternoon. I hooked it up and plugged a transport into it and have let it run since Thursday evening in my showroom. I did a couple of quick listening periods on Friday just to get an idea of what it sounded like and let it be.
I just finished a listening session with a friend of mine who owns a fabulous system in a great room in his new home. He has a dCS full stack ( for readers reference)
Anyone who loves music, and has a great system, and wants to get the absolute best out it, must have this DAC.

I am not a reviewer and I am not trying to sell this to anyone. This is not an item you sell someone, this is an item someone buys.
It's large, its costly, its different looking but it is a paradigm changer. Its not subtle, its not marginal, its not a shiny new toy.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
It seems your friend is going to be your first sale…. :cool:
And you haven’t yet the Server or Transport…
server should be here the beginning of next Month and the Transport doesn't exist yet but will probably exist in 2022.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I'm not one to say this or that is the best since that term really means nothing, The best is relative to your world exposure and its strictly a word used to justify what one can't prove.
That out of the way all I can say is if you are serious about getting the most out of your system, and use digital, and of course can afford to buy it, this unit is something new and has managed to change the way I look at the medium. I think too many are looking for change of colors and pieces that fix what's broken or what's not pleasing, the WADAX is not that. Its not a flavor. IMO its what I always hoped that digital could be. I look forward to see if the server and maybe down the road the transport can make me feel the same way.

Reactions: econom

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Today I had a visit from an old friend who has worked in the business as long as I have. He worked retail in a few places and has long been associated with a large speaker company here in the U.S. He was here a few weeks back and got to hear my system pre Wadax. He came back today as he saw online that I had received the Atlantis Reference piece. He came in the room and we just finished about 90 minutes of listening, no words, just music. He stood up and all he could say to me is I have nothing to say. I can't describe what I just experienced it was like going to a live concert.

Reactions: gds7368 and CKKeung

Steve Vu

Oct 26, 2020

Reactions: boonyarat

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing