Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Geesh.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
I was being serious, what brand and model are those speakers, I cant identify them.
Hi Hi-Fi.
The speakers are Tads Compact Reference one mkii designed by Andrew Jones.
I have original mki version that has better bass driver cone.
These speakers are really hard to move so i’m very surprised that a small CH Precision amp can really move them and Ref. Wadax seems too much to this system IMHO.
System is really beautiful but not right electronic balanced.
Room seems very small so it is a pity because it is imposible to reach fully potencial of each component.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Hi Hi-Fi.
The speakers are Tads Compact Reference one mkii designed by Andrew Jones.
I have original mki version that has better bass driver cone.
These speakers are really hard to move so i’m very surprised that a small CH Precision amp can really move them and Ref. Wadax seems too much to this system IMHO.
System is really beautiful but not right electronic balanced.
Room seems very small so it is a pity because it is imposible to reach fully potencial of each component.
I fort I was right.

defride

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2013
A lovely system with same speakers than mine…. View attachment 81226

Is the Troy hooked up to the Ref dac and have a chance to hear with and without? I'm playing with one at the moment and it's had a substantial impact on the digital side, taken a modest digital setup from ho-hum to highly engaging. Be interested to hear how it impacts a state of the art piece

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
We will be bringing the Wadax System DAC and Server in the reference series , plus a transport to the Capital Audio Fest in early Nov 2021. This will be set up in the Jackson Suite along with Göbel Divin Marquis Speakers

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing