New trends, Artisans in the Hi-End, Kuro SilverGold cables

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I dont wanna sound like pain in the ass here but You re bochinno connectors have a 99 , 996 something " stated" copper content.
Cardas and mundorf use Coppper connectors as well , but off course its an alloy other wise its to soft to use , let alone machined.
Its the same for aluminium where additives are added to give it sufficient strength for machining.
I have cardasconnectors in my speakerdesign s , cardas sounds . great lol, im 100 percent sure the copper content is much higher then the bochinno stat, better show a stat done by a independent party

Last edited:

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Bocchino show this on his website and is a research certificate
This show only copper connector,but Bocchino do connector in copper,copper plated silver,copper plated gold,pure silver and now do also copper plated platinum and silver plated platinum
All Bocchino you screw the alloy and don't use tin,because the tin lost signal

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Carmine makes some excellent sounding connectors and I placed a fair sized order with him yesterday. The best sounding connector however is no connector (i.e. hardwiring) though that is a bit too hair shirt for most people.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Bocchino show this on his website and is a research certificate
This show only copper connector,but Bocchino do connector in copper,copper plated silver,copper plated gold,pure silver and now do also copper plated platinum and silver plated platinum
All Bocchino you screw the alloy and don't use tin,because the tin lost signal

I've just received the here attached pictures......seems to be your uber cables :rolleyes:

image150.jpg

image250.jpg

image350.jpg

image450.jpg

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Yeah right , all others need an alloy to machine and use it as a connector , but bocchinno has somehow managed it , what you think will happen to a solid copperconnector , even if you would magically be able to machine it, the thread would be useless after a couple of tightenings .

The only " research " that is mentioned is about general conductivity of copper copper alloys .

Ah audiophiles, i didnt take them serious already long time ago lol

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
The only thing that interest to me is the sound and what i heard with Bocchino connector i never listen in my life

An old Kuro copper cable with Bocchino rca destroyed in everything my MIT MAX phono that cost in Italy 11.000 euro

IMG_0500 2.JPG

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
And the Kuro cable of Tang with Bocchino gold and silvergord alloy destroyed my Kuro copper

IMG_2429.jpg

So this level is really very high

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
No problem , you hear what you hear i dont discuss that , its all good whatever.

I m not a customer anyway , i ve made my point

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
But no controversy,
i only bring my experience that not always could be right

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Yeah right , all others need an alloy to machine and use it as a connector , but bocchinno has somehow managed it , what you think will happen to a solid copperconnector , even if you would magically be able to machine it, the thread would be useless after a couple of tightenings .

The only " research " that is mentioned is about general conductivity of copper copper alloys .

Ah audiophiles, i didnt take them serious already long time ago lol

It's not that copper is impossible to machine, this depends on different factors such as what process and what state the copper is in, for example fully annealed copper is too soft to do much of anything with but you wouldn't use fully annealed copper anyways. Other companies like Furutech offer pure copper connectors that have some machining done, mainly UPOCC copper which is comes out of the process as a much harder material vs annealed copper. The UPOCC copper spades have set-screw connections that are hard enough to work without stripping the threads extremely easily, of course you do need to use some care. Most companies that claim "pure" copper like Cardas and many others are actually Tellurium Copper alloy which is >99% copper but it isn't pure. It is the best material to use if value is a concern though as common machining processes can be used.

Bocchino may be willing to use much slower machine processes that wouldn't be considered outside the high prices that high-end audio is able to charge as well, so there is that too, his connectors are very expensive so he can choose to use inefficient processes.

On IACS, 100% conductivity is arbitrarily assigned to ETP copper which is commonly used for AC power wiring. ETP copper is a grade below OFC copper, which is a grade below UPOCC copper, and these have >%100 IACS ratings as a result. Silver is around 103% and UPOCC silver maybe as high as 105%.

On how conductivity relates to sound, this is where things become murky... higher IACS does not always equal better sound. Also, platings reduce conductivity as they are meant to prevent corrosion, and conductivity of platings has little to do with how they sound. Gold is much more conductive vs rhodium but it's hard to argue that it sounds better as it clearly loses resolution vs rhodium and the platinum plating that the silver WBT connectors use. Some may think unplated connectors are best but then you have the possibility of corrosion and you'll need to use some sort of material to protect the metal like Caig progold or whatever to prevent it, and this will also have an effect on the sound just like plating will. If the base material is allowed to corrode the corrosion can get in between the crystal boundaries and penetrate into the metal so IMO unplated connectors are really not a good idea. There is the real possibility that sound quality will deteriorate with age!

Anytime somebody points to a simple measurement like conductivity or capacitance or whatever to "prove" his product is best is usually completely misguided IME. Life is just never that simple. ;)

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Tellirium copper is indeed copper alloy that mundorf and cardas are using probably. 99.5 Cu. And 0.5 Te.
On the so called verified bocchino stat they state cardas as having a Cu content of 62. %.

Life is not simple in the audiophile cable world indeed lol

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
And the Kuro cable of Tang with Bocchino gold and silvergord alloy destroyed my Kuro copper

Dear Gian,

When you say gold and silver in cable, some audiophiles can get very jumpy like a werewolf seeing silver bullet. Thank you for introducing me to these cables Gian. This Kuro makes me realize how much music can be lost from interconnecting line. It surely is a “better” cable than all that I had before period. You know I like different carts for reason of musical flavors. This Kuro is not about flavor. To me, It is about interconnecting line that loses the least amount of musical signal from one component to another and interfere with those signals least. Experts say silver is color. Gold is color. I don’t know why I use Kuro silvergold and get to hear characters of each of my cart as is without detecting any stand out character or color of the Kuro cable repeating from one cart to another. I guess only until one gets smack at the face with “that” kind of listening experience from a really really good cable, one would be more open minded about possibility that a silvergold cable can sound that good....and at less than half the price of those uber ones :D.

Kind regards,
Tang

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I discussed only metallurgy which is fairly simple straight forward , in which one needs to have the facts right afaic.

You got that right,

I guess only until one gets smack at the face with “that” kind of listening experience from a really really good cable, one would be more open....

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Dear Gian,

When you say gold and silver in cable, some audiophiles can get very jumpy like a werewolf seeing silver bullet. Thank you for introducing me to these cables Gian. This Kuro makes me realize how much music can be lost from interconnecting line. It surely is a “better” cable than all that I had before period. You know I like different carts for reason of musical flavors. This Kuro is not about flavor. To me, It is about interconnecting line that loses the least amount of musical signal from one component to another and interfere with those signals least. Experts say silver is color. Gold is color. I don’t know why I use Kuro silvergold and get to hear characters of each of my cart as is without detecting any stand out character or color of the Kuro cable repeating from one cart to another. I guess only until one gets smack at the face with “that” kind of listening experience from a really really good cable, one would be more open minded about possibility that a silvergold cable can sound that good....and at less than half the price of those uber ones :D.

Kind regards,
Tang

Silver, Arrrrrrrgh ooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooWWWWWWWW,

david

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hehe...:p

6F11C2B2-FD77-4815-B200-1238977564FD.jpeg
B43DCFD2-63F3-49A5-84D4-6BFF93B224A9.jpeg

Tang

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
The silver bullet rids your system of the warm smeared sound of copper. ;)

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
The silver bullet rids your system of the warm smeared sound of copper. ;)
Matter of perspective Dave, the silver bullet is what makes a great visceral system bleed and finally die ;).

david

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Matter of perspective Dave, the silver bullet is what makes a great visceral system bleed and finally die ;).

david

I agree... both can be true. :)

I also think there aren't very many good silver cables out there. Gold does soften and sweeten the sound, so gold/silver can sound much different vs pure silver, it can have good tone while resolving more information.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing