New TAD M700 & M700S

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
hi, in general I feel M700S has better ‘authority’ and presence compared to m2500mk2. The flow of music more fluid.

M2500mk2 is a great amp as well. Only in comparison, the big brother delivers more imo.

Ps: Nagra classic setup just arrives in dealer place. Will have a chance to listen and compares with TAD setup
Thank you.
Could you elaborate your “authority” description?

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
Thank you.
Could you elaborate your “authority” description?
Weightier sound and better control.
I feel that part of it possibly there is more mid bass, hence giving more weight and the sensation of the authority and presence, on top of lower noise floor of m700s.

I am not good in describing sound. hope that makes sense.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I have listened to D600/C600/M700/R1 with complete skogrand stravinsky cables. cables were half the price of complete TAD system.
in my idea M700 is fluid , transparent and powerful.
i do not have any idea about how TAD M700 will sound with other speakers but the complete TAD system was an shocking experience to me.

Raker24

Jul 27, 2020
Reactions: CKKeung

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore

Raker24

Jul 27, 2020
The new TAD D700 SACD player will arrive this year

Reactions: CKKeung

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
He found CH M1.1 lacking bass and not great match with R1 beryllium tweeter, too bright. Momentum is excellent but Mephisto has more drive and control.

Another friend have TAD E1 but have experience with R1. His favorite is Burmester 909. Same reasons compare to Momentum and ARC 750SE.

All comes down to system matching and personal taste. I don't have experience with Mephisto but Momentum is fantastic with Wilson Alexx, Sabrina and Alexia 2.
I may be the friend that King is writing about. I have the TAD Evolution system as can be seen in my signature and have been living with it for over 3 years. I consider myself immensely blessed.

On the R1, I've heard them many times at my dealers before he sold them off right before Covid. The best I heard them was with the M600 monos and they are able to control the speaker, especially the bass, in a very pleasant and sought after way and I though the system was really magic. Only got to hear that twice before the dealer rep took them back, but I thought they were really good. I have not compared them to my M2500, but think they are the next level up. I've also heard the R1s with D'Agostino momentum a lot and think it very good, but not on the level of the M600s with the matching preamp. Also heard with ARC 750SE, very nice but I preferred either the M600 or Momentum.

In regards to the Burmester 909, I heard it with my E-1s (that first/second/third demo convinced me and I purchased the E-1s a few months later) using a Burmester pre and phono pre and big Clear Audio table in an approximately $300k setup with Nordost Valhalla 2 and it was glorious. I don't have the room for that amp and it was not in my budget either. The M2500 was best to all other amps or integrated's I compared it to four years ago from Luxman, Pass, Burmester $25k integrated, and maybe another I forget.

Finally, don't be afraid of TAD Class D, for me it became the end of the road. I've heard A, A/B, D, etc. It plays with the best for sure.

Reactions: Panas

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
TAD M2500 is class D but TAD M600 and M700 are not Class D.
TAD M600/M700 use patented circuit of pioneer and it works like Class AB . The outputstage does not use voltage negative feedback , the damping factor is around 200.
Circuits are fully balance and the measurement shows M600 could deliver 2700w to 1ohm.

listening to many amplifiers with TAD loudspeakers convinced me the best match is TAD pre/power.
TAD electronics are as impressive as TAD loudspeakers

Last edited:

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
I read somewhere that M600/M700 use this patented circuit like what Amir mentioned.

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
@Amir
@kimurastanley

I appreciate the clarification, thanks.

"listening to many amplifiers with TAD loudspeakers convinced me the best match is TAD pre/power." Great summation and what I think I was trying to get at.

"TAD electronics are as impressive as TAD loudspeakers" Couldn't agree more.

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
I read somewhere that M600/M700 use this patented circuit like what Amir mentioned.

@kimurastanley

I know this isn't the right place to address this, but I've read somewhere that you've tried and/or liked Hijiri cables. It'd be great if you have something positive to comment over on the Hijiri Users Thread on A'gon.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
TAD M700 circuit is not complex , few stages, simple, minimal signal path patented by pioneer in the USA.
The TAD M700 does not use lots of voltage negative feedback and It just uses a small amount of current feedback to be able fully control TAD R1 woofers.
TAD M700 total Power Supply Capacity is around 5500VA, it is 10 times bigger that the RMS Power So the transient power all are in access by TAD.

If you want to compare the TAD M700 to other SS designs you should consider the highest quality amplifiers like Spectral, FM , CH ...

Reactions: CKKeung and Stef

Raker24

Jul 27, 2020
Reactions: Stef

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
IMG_5169.jpeg

It was an honor to have TAD President to visit my humble listening area/living room last week.

Tarutani-san is extremely humble and nice. He provided a few suggestions on possible ways to improve my setup. We also had nice chat about TAD operation and some interesting facts of TAD listening room reference system.

Looking forward to host him again when he travels to Singapore in the future.

XCop5089

Sep 5, 2015
Winchester, UK
View attachment 118217

It was an honor to have TAD President to visit my humble listening area/living room last week.

Tarutani-san is extremely humble and nice. He provided a few suggestions on possible ways to improve my setup. We also had nice chat about TAD operation and some interesting facts of TAD listening room reference system.

Looking forward to host him again when he travels to Singapore in the future.
Congratulations! You have a lovely system!

As a UK- based CR1 MK II owner, I would be interested if you could please expand on the advice to improve your system, that you received from Taritani-san.

Thank you

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_3729.jpeg
    IMG_3729.jpeg
    868.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 940A3638.jpeg
    940A3638.jpeg
    282.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
Congratulations! You have a lovely system!

As a UK- based CR1 MK II owner, I would be interested if you could please expand on the advice to improve your system, that you received from Taritani-san.

Thank you

Steve
Hi Steve, you have a lovely system too!

His general advice is applicable to all speakers which is the speaker placement. My speaker placement is not optimal and is a trade-off between listening area and family living space. And I have limited space to play with placement. He also suggested to try diffusers at the side walls beside speakers.

For TAD electronics, he suggested simpler may be better. I am wondering if the tweaks I am using ie grounding etc would alter the TAD sound. Will try removing the tweaks and reassess the impact when I have free time.

Some facts I found interesting:
1. TAD still using R1 first gen as the reference speaker since 2007. The rationale is that if the system sounds good with new electronics, the subsequent newer generation of spk will sound even better.

2. The best cabling for TAD is Tiglon and the best isolation is G-clef. He emphasised that this is from TAD point of view and should not be generalised to all users.

3. He is the designer of TAD D-1000TX and TAD remote control.

Last edited:
Reactions: XCop5089

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing