New TAD M700 & M700S

Rob181

Oct 1, 2014
Good News , TAD Electronics all are Double isolated (Class II appliance) and connecting Class I phonostage (from other brands like Vitus) to TAD is not a good solution.
Class I electronics equipments have earth wire (3 pin AC plug) and Class II equipments have no earth wire (2 AC plug).
It means Class I products connect to wall earth but Class II products are isolated from wall earth wire.

totally I guess TAD Class II design is better for sound specially in dynamics.

What a load of BS & demonstrates your complete lack of knowledge of 100/110 volt in Japan/US versus 220/240 volt in Europe/Pacific - sigh...

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Rob181
I know the main voltage is 100/110 volts in Japan/US and 230 volts in Euro/Iran but there is no relation between main voltage and appliance classes.

if you need more information is here :

Last edited:

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France
I am not sure but Nordost is not silver, it is just silver plated cooper.
Yes maybe... I was talking about the Nordost Odin1 that I used to have which are Silver-plated 99.999999% solid core OFC

Reactions: Amir

Raker24

Jul 27, 2020
Yes maybe... I was talking about the Nordost Odin1 that I used to have which are Silver-plated 99.999999% solid core OFC
Just a personal prejudice, perhaps, from my side, but I really don't like silver plated copper cables. The plating process seems to add an unpleasant edge, probably because in order to plate the copper, an extra layer of some other metal has to be added before the silver can be properly plated on. Also forgot to mention completely (I wonder why) that I once tried a silver Wireworld Platinum 8 XLR cable in my system from the DAC to the preamplifier. Was not very impressed, but that's just one silver cable out of many candidates, of course.

Raker24

Jul 27, 2020
Just a personal prejudice, perhaps, from my side, but I really don't like silver plated copper cables. The plating process seems to add an unpleasant edge, probably because in order to plate the copper, an extra layer of some other metal has to be added before the silver can be properly plated on. Also forgot to mention completely (I wonder why) that I once tried a silver Wireworld Platinum 8 XLR cable in my system from the DAC to the preamplifier. Was not very impressed, but that's just one silver cable out of many candidates, of course.
Also, my Signal Projects Avaton AES cable is a blend (not plating) of copper, silver, and gold. Fantastic cable.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
What a load of BS & demonstrates your complete lack of knowledge of 100/110 volt in Japan/US versus 220/240 volt in Europe/Pacific - sigh...
Load of BS ?!!!!

Reactions: Stef

Avidlistener

Feb 18, 2013
The series 2 Iconoclast i use for the concentric driver is silver plated and not bright.

Reactions: Stef

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
I recently got an used Kimber select KS6065 speaker cable. Mixture of copper and silver.
Quite a significant improvement compared to Mad scientist audio black magic speaker cables

Reactions: Amir and Stef

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I recently got an used Kimber select KS6065 speaker cable. Mixture of copper and silver.
Quite a significant improvement compared to Mad scientist audio black magic speaker cables
If you had an opportunity to test Skogrand stravinsky or beethoven Please check it.

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France
If you had an opportunity to test Skogrand stravinsky or beethoven Please check it.
Seems that Skogrand prices are much higher

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
I have used skogrand Wagner and the cable is very good. Beethoven and Stravinsky is very expensive to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amir and Stef

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France
I have KIMBER KABLE KS 3038 speaker cables (Pure Silver) that I use on my smaller TAD ME1 and they are very good. Maybe not as good as cables like Skogrand but their prices are really too high

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing