New Pass Pre has arrived.

should be very interesting on your efficient Daedalus.

have an XA25 that just landed for fun and will throw on a few different systems including Zu and PBN. the owner of the latter has a SIT-3.
The SIT3 has a different presentation than the XA. the XA is more distant, You are there, in the 6th row.
with the SIT3, they are here in the room. It will be interesting when I go back to the XA after a few weeks, no rush.
Will be interested in your thoughts as well..

The SIT3 has a different presentation than the XA. the XA is more distant, You are there, in the 6th row.
with the SIT3, they are here in the room. It will be interesting when I go back to the XA after a few weeks, no rush.
Will be interested in your thoughts as well..

Is that across all recordings? A distinct characteristic of each amplifier?

Is that across all recordings? A distinct characteristic of each amplifier?
Good Evening Peter. The SIT3 is more intimate and up front. Has that SET like quality. I played Scheherazade and cranked it
up to 89 unity gain. It held it's own, but I do remember more weight and heft from the XA.
When playing vocals, trio .. the SIT3 really shows its best. The bass is plentiful and detailed, but havent heard
enough different genres yet. It's so clean sounding, I keep turning it up ! Some new cables arrived today, so
I get to throw that in the mix.
TO answer your question, I don't know yet. lol.. Most of what I'm hearing is different in that regard. The symphony sounded very detailed and close up, bigger, cleaner, more pure. It sounds good at low listening levels too, Rich and full, punchy. Low recordings needs a lot of gain.. Upper 70's to low 80's. Everything else plays at low to mid 70's which is comfortably loud for me and most.. Working out well so far.. Glad I picked one up.

After finally breaking in the XP12, I have to start again with an XP22.
It arrived late today after a 14 day delivery. , Many weather related excuses from UPS and their Normal lack of information , ”check back tomorrow for updates”, which always just referred to same message.
Good times.
After setting it up out of the box stone cold, it sounded pretty good, considering.. I think this is my
first preamp that is heavier than my power amp. Should be fun. Was an Easy pleasant upgrade experience.

54859658-7BA8-434E-A301-EDBB66AF47A4.jpeg

Reactions: tobiasrankin
Just watched the XA25 get picked up and be gone by it’s new owner... sighs.. Was going to keep it and use it with my other leftovers for another system... but then I came to my senses... I usually get excited seeing unused equipment getting sold, but the XA25 is pretty sweet and was a very enjoyable experience. just sat down to listen..
OK.. I’m better now ..

Just watched the XA25 get picked up and be gone by it’s new owner... sighs.. Was going to keep it and use it with my other leftovers for another system... but then I came to my senses... I usually get excited seeing unused equipment getting sold, but the XA25 is pretty sweet and was a very enjoyable experience. just sat down to listen..
OK.. I’m better now ..

You like the first watt more than XA25 ?

You like the first watt more than XA25 ?
Yes.. It has opened up very nicely, when I went back to the 25 after a month, It didn’t sound “live” and as dimensional as the SIT3. I also rearranged my room so my system is now on the long wall. This too has improved the soundstage and some bass null that I was having before.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing