New Incredible Top Italian Speaker

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I want to share a new top speaker made in Italy.
I own an italian speaker Montagna,for me one of the 3/4 best listening in my life,but now a new fantastic speaker is born.

My firend since 35 years,old Italian distributor of AudioTekne,Acapella,MBL,Mactone,ecc,ecc,has another company where produce,together with engineer and University of Turin,a new speaker,after producing some years ago YAR speaker.

You cen see www.iosoundesign.com and model of the speaker is Naked.

This speaker is open baffle,without box and use 2 high quality woofer 12",one ribbon tweeter made in japan,with more than 100 magnet,and a ribbon tweeter by Mundorf,modified to match with this mid

They weight is 85 kg,91/92 db at 8 ohm and FR 22 to 35.000 hz.
Here some photos

Attachments

• 818e5f3d-9bd3-4055-a128-f3a983bcc5a0.JPG
    818e5f3d-9bd3-4055-a128-f3a983bcc5a0.JPG
    303.1 KB · Views: 135
Reactions: matakana

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
I want to share a new top speaker made in Italy.
I own an italian speaker Montagna,for me one of the 3/4 best listening in my life,but now a new fantastic speaker is born.

My firend since 35 years,old Italian distributor of AudioTekne,Acapella,MBL,Mactone,ecc,ecc,has another company where produce,together with engineer and University of Turin,a new speaker,after producing some years ago YAR speaker.

You cen see www.iosoundesign.com and model of the speaker is Naked.

This speaker is open baffle,without box and use 2 high quality woofer 12",one ribbon tweeter made in japan,with more than 100 magnet,and a ribbon tweeter by Mundorf,modified to match with this mid

They weight is 85 kg,91/92 db at 8 ohm and FR 22 to 35.000 hz.
Here some photos
i would love to hear these speakers.always being impressed with open baffle speaker.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
This speaker is made with the maximo component quality like screw from Japan,leather that use for Ferrari car,tin in diamond to have a harder contact with floor,paint with special quality like use to painting Lamborghini car and made 7 times,so is made with all top component in every part.

Attachments

• IMG_7520.jpg
    IMG_7520.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_7201.jpg
    IMG_7201.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_7187.jpg
    IMG_7187.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_7183.jpg
    IMG_7183.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_7189.jpg
    IMG_7189.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 80

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
How it sound?
Fantastic!

Very natural,open but sweet,bass very controlled,very fast and deep,the best mid i listen in my life,big power and energy with incredible details,speaker disappear and you have only orchestra in front of you,can play very loud without distorsion and can you also play with low power tube,i listen with Ayon Crossfire integrated and Ypsylon integrated hybrid amp with an Ayon cd.
I cannot imagine with turntable and a better amp.

I already listened very well 3 times and i decide to buy to do a second system in my room.
Will arrive in september.
Other 2 friends come to listen with me,both put on sell their Wilson Alexandria and Wilson X1 grand Slamm to buy this.
Another i know with Kharma,i dont know the model,price list around 120.000 euro put on sell also,to buy this.
Really a pity all of you are far and cannot listen,is in Italy,30 minutes from Turin.

They will bring this speaker to Munich and will do a room together with Ypsilon,already booked the room.Hope you can listen there.

Price list is 80.000 euro and they sell directly without distributors,because price will be double.

When other news i will inform

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Sounds a lot like Kyron speakers in Australia. Fully activ. A set of the last week replaced a set of Wilson Alexandria's.

1640689971124.png

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
This speaker is made with the maximo component quality like screw from Japan,leather that use for Ferrari car,tin in diamond to have a harder contact with floor,paint with special quality like use to painting Lamborghini car and made 7 times,so is made with all top component in every part.
Looks gorgious Gian , but how did they solve this problem??

If there is a direct way for the air to balance out the pressure between the back and front side of a loudspeaker we call this “acoustic short circuit”. This results in a strong reduction of SPL.

Usually there is no " Impact " of the system in room as there is no pressure built up , the ones i heard sounded soft with very weak bass.

Last edited:

Scott Naylor

Mar 19, 2021
Looks gorgious Gian , but how did they solve this problem??

If there is a direct way for the air to balance out the pressure between the back and front side of a loudspeaker we call this “acoustic short circuit”. This results in a strong reduction of SPL.

Usually there is no " Impact " of the system in room as there is no pressure built up , the ones i heard sounded soft with very weak bass.
Does something like the acoustic panels shown here help address that issue?
FC75B593-E744-4BBA-A8FA-F5C6ABC41444.jpeg

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
This loudspeaker looks very interesting, Gian!

How does the Naked sound compared to a horn driver(s), open-baffle speaker system?

I like the open baffle, and I like the dipole ribbon midrange and tweeter! (When I see a design like this I think about making it twice as tall, with another pair of woofers on top, and another midrange panel below them, for a midrange-tweeter-midrange configuration with four woofers per side!). :rolleyes:, I know.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Gian, I spoke with them at the last Munich show I was at. Isnt this the gentleman that was in the fashion business?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
In Munich they had the system YAR
They never had been in fashion business.
Around 1985/88 they had an hifi shop and around 1990 they was distributor of Acapella,Mbl,thenin 1993 Audiotekne and Mactone and Zyx.
I know them since 1993 and i was first in Italy to buy Audiotekne,after finished my adventure from 1989 to 1993 with Yamamura,he left Italy for health and business

Reactions: bonzo75

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
This loudspeaker looks very interesting, Gian!

How does the Naked sound compared to a horn driver(s), open-baffle speaker system?

I like the open baffle, and I like the dipole ribbon midrange and tweeter! (When I see a design like this I think about making it twice as tall, with another pair of woofers on top, and another midrange panel below them, for a midrange-tweeter-midrange configuration with four woofers per side!). :rolleyes:, I know.
Generally i like horn speaker but never think about them because also something no good in the sound,some thing fantastic and some thing not very good for my ears.
I liked some horn speaker 4 way i listen with Ale DEP,but too big,too expensive and some colored sound by horn

This speaker is very neutral,fast and natural with full of details,due for this fantastic driver.
You see the future.

They will do later a similar speaker with a same design with 4 woofer 42" and on the right of the 4 woofer 2 midrange and one bigger tweeter,always from Mundorf modified to macth with these 2 mid.
This mid work down to 60 hz to 7.000 hz.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
This speaker i listened 3 times with 2 small midrange they used.
This with bigger mid,the final speaker, i never listened yet and they told me much better.
This is the version i listened with 2 mid.

I did some videos,i am no good to post,but tomorrow i will send to Ked and he will post

Attachments

• IMG_7180.jpg
    IMG_7180.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 35

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
They will do later a similar speaker with a same design with 4 woofer 42" and on the right of the 4 woofer 2 midrange and one bigger tweeter,always from Mundorf modified to macth with these 2 mid.

That would be amazing!

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
It *appears* to need more woofer area ( due to lack of baffle ) but @gian60 has heard some pretty special equipment so I say...wow. Hope they do well!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing