New and Updated Shunyata Research Power Conditioners Announced

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Upgrade only available in US.

There will be an upgrade program announced for North American customers only. Some Shunyata distributors in EU and Asia "may" opt for a demo/used trade or trade-in program. This is at the discretion of each distributor.

If a customer can get the unit to the U.S. and back without significant government related customs and VAT issues then it is possible to do. Unfortunately we live in a world with ridiculous arbitrary borders and barriers to commerce. It is likely that it may be more cost effective to sell the v1 and buy the v2 in some countries.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
There will be an upgrade program announced for North American customers only. Some Shunyata distributors in EU and Asia "may" opt for a demo/used trade or trade-in program. This is at the discretion of each distributor.

If a customer can get the unit to the U.S. and back without significant government related customs and VAT issues then it is possible to do. Unfortunately we live in a world with ridiculous arbitrary borders and barriers to commerce. It is likely that it may be more cost effective to sell the v1 and buy the v2 in some countries.

What will be the price of the upgrade and MSRP of the v2?

coopersark

May 24, 2013
It is. We'll let the Hydra population decide if it's worth it. But just an aside, my service manager is dreading the coming flood of upgrade requests.

I have been quiet for a while as I am still awaiting my Berkely Reference DAC. They have had a problem with their CNC supplier in receiving clean chassis. Mike Ritter at Berkeley tells me I am about a month away. When I finally have this in my system (Been waiting since September!), I will do a short review on your new Anaconda Digital cables.

$1,995 per Triton x 3 = gulp! Okay Caelin, what can we expect to hear? I assume more of the same improvements that your products have made to date. The question is that what you have already accomplished is so damned good, what further improvements can be wrought? Is is possible to put a percentage on the overall improvements in the V2 Triton?
I have additionally heard that your new Triton outlets are a major improvement over your former ones. When will these be made available separately? My electrician is waiting! I imagine that those outlets may be the best bang for the buck product that you will be offering!

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
I have been quiet for a while as I am still awaiting my Berkely Reference DAC. They have had a problem with their CNC supplier in receiving clean chassis. Mike Ritter at Berkeley tells me I am about a month away. When I finally have this in my system (Been waiting since September!), I will do a short review on your new Anaconda Digital cables.

Okay Caelin, what can we expect to hear? I assume more of the same improvements that your products have made to date.

It is always difficult to describe something that someone else has never heard before. I can only try to give you an analogy. The upgrade to the Triton v2 is greater than the addition of a TYPHON to the system.

The question is that what you have already accomplished is so damned good, what further improvements can be wrought?

Isn't this the familiar refrain of each new advancemet that we have made over the years. We don't ever introduce a v2 of anything unless it is absolutely and definitively superior in an obvious way. It is good that you are thoroughly happy with your system. And I see no reason to do any upgrades or system changes when someone is happy with their music. Just don't try one "just to hear what you might be missing". Going forward is easy. Going back -- not so much.

We have not decided to sell the CopperCONN Outlets independently yet. They are quite expensive to produce so the retail price would have to be in the $300 range. At least in the beginning they will be used exclusively in our reference HYDRA products.

coopersark

May 24, 2013
It is always difficult to describe something that someone else has never heard before. I can only try to give you an analogy. The upgrade to the Triton v2 is greater than the addition of a TYPHON to the system.

Enough said and that is a major "Wow"! I will call Rich Rogers this week to begin the scheduling. I want to do one at a time so that I am not "out of commission" with my systems. Will do the main rig first.

Sure I am pleased with my system, however I could always be more pleased with it!;)

We have not decided to sell the CopperCONN Outlets independently yet. They are quite expensive to produce so the retail price would have to be in the $300 range. At least in the beginning they will be used exclusively in our reference HYDRA products.
This is a shame, and I hope that you ultimately decide to do this. $300.00 for each entry point of electricity to the audio/video systems is "chicken feed" at the level that your top customers are playing.

coopersark

May 24, 2013
As I said, the Triton v2 will not be released until early spring and the upgrade program will begin after that.

Okay, that being said, when should I call to schedule? Can I get in a queue now? Do you need a deposit to hold my place(s)? Please let me know. Thanks!

wstam

Feb 17, 2013

Hi Caelin, can you work out a scheme so that local dealer can perform the upgrade? That will be the best for users outside US. I just bought a Triton (and Typhon) early last year. Will like to be able to upgrade without selling it so early (and losing $) :(

Thanks.

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Hi Caelin, can you work out a scheme so that local dealer can perform the upgrade? That will be the best for users outside US. I just bought a Triton (and Typhon) early last year. Will like to be able to upgrade without selling it so early (and losing $) :(

Thanks.

Hi wstam. The upgrade is too complex and labor-intensive to be performed by a dealer or service tech. The best option is to speak to your dealer about the possibility of a trade-in and see what can be worked out through them.

Best regards,

Grant
Shunyata Research

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
This is a shame, and I hope that you ultimately decide to do this. $300.00 for each entry point of electricity to the audio/video systems is "chicken feed" at the level that your top customers are playing.

+1 - I'd pay $300 for better outlets. Maybe have a SR 71 and SR 72 and let your clients decide? Not trying to run your biz...just if they are good...I suspect they are good in other places too...

Last edited:

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
As I said, the Triton v2 will not be released until early spring and the upgrade program will begin after that.

I'd appreciate your advice as I consider future Shunyatatization for my system. My front end (VTL 7.5 III/Meitner XDS1v2) currently utilizes a Triton and Typhon while the back end (Spectral 400s driving Pipedreams) are plugged directly into dedicated 40Amp circuits. My question is- where would I derive the most benefit with a new ~5-6K expenditure? Should I replace my original front end Triton with a V2 (you commented the benefits over the original Triton are more than the equivalent of adding a Typhon to an existing Triton), or, would it be more productive to add a Typhon to the back end for its exclusive use with the Spectral amps? Yes, I can appreciate the obvious answer is- do both! But seriously, what do you think would yield the most overall benefit if it was an either/or situation, as it appears it is at this time.
Marty

hoosiertom

Nov 28, 2013
We have not decided to sell the CopperCONN Outlets independently yet. They are quite expensive to produce so the retail price would have to be in the $300 range. At least in the beginning they will be used exclusively in our reference HYDRA products.[/QUOTE]

Caelin,

Would it make sense to offer the first Copper-Conn outlet to purchasers of the Triton V.2 to plug their new units into OR will the law of unintended consequences just create more problems ??? :mad:

The cableco.com website also mentioned upgrades to the DPC-6 ?

Thanks for all you do to further the enjoyment of music :D

All the best,

Tom SE MI

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
Hi wstam. The upgrade is too complex and labor-intensive to be performed by a dealer or service tech. The best option is to speak to your dealer about the possibility of a trade-in and see what can be worked out through them.

Best regards,

Grant
Shunyata Research

I also bought Triton and Typhoon mid last year. Is it possible work with local dealer to ship Triton back? Also with Triton V2 out, would you keep Triton V1 in your product offering?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing