New amplifier for Tidal Piano G2

3125simon

Apr 26, 2020
Uk
Finally took delivery of my new Tidal Prisma and Impluse and installed the system in my nearly finished new room.
Also added some Taralabs Muse interconnects.

Starting the burn in, but so far so good.
059AFC3E-B26B-48D7-8305-D8E81B2A4A1A.jpeg

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden

Cadguy

Jan 13, 2022
I'm getting the Piano G2s next week and I'm wondering if the Accuphase E5000 or Luxman L-509x integrated amps would suitable with them. There aren't many reviews of the E5000 yet as it's fairly new. The Luxman L-509x has garnered a lot of praise and I wonder if it would be refined enough for the Tidals? It's said to be a bit more neutral than the traditional Luxman sound and not as warm as their class A designs. Has anyone heard either of these amps?

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
I'm getting the Piano G2s next week and I'm wondering if the Accuphase E5000 or Luxman L-509x integrated amps would suitable with them. There aren't many reviews of the E5000 yet as it's fairly new. The Luxman L-509x has garnered a lot of praise and I wonder if it would be refined enough for the Tidals? It's said to be a bit more neutral than the traditional Luxman sound and not as warm as their class A designs. Has anyone heard either of these amps?

Congratulations to your new speakers first of all :)

I've got the Accuphase E-5000 on permanent demonstration here, where I've also had the Luxman L-509X here temporarily after a client trade in recently.

Luxman L-509X is certainly on the cooler and more analytical side in comparison (some might call it more neutral). It also controls the drivers and soundstage in a more rigid way. What you might prefer is of course subjective, but I would ultimately recommend Accuphase with Tidal amongst these two options, being richer and fuller sounding with a more dense presentation which fits the highly resolved and fast sounding Tidal speakers better.

You could also look at the integrated options from Ypsilon or Trilogy (both being hybrid designs).

Hope that helps.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

Reactions: paolo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing