New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Solid 50 points for Embiid, BUT IMO he should be banned for remainder of playoffs. Refs and whoever was in the NBA review center should be fired. I've never seen a dirtier play in any NBA game in my 60-pus years of watching games then when he was on ground a grabbed Mitch Robinsons legs - and now Robinson my be out. Dirty play and only because NBA wants ratings was he allowed to remain in the game. Flagrant 1 my ass....
That's too dangerous , and not basketball. That's another wrestling move. SILVER, if he does not respond accordingly, will continue to drive his league to become a sport of zero integrity.

should the WC final become a match between OKC and Denver it will involve a battle of these 2 centers. One IMO is probably in the top 3 centers of all time. Holmgren hasn't tasted the fruits of that of Jokic. He also has to bulk up going forward to satand head to head with Jokic and at the moment, I think Jok 7tic would run right over him as he has done with AD.

What OKC has going for them is their youth speed and ability to outperform Nuggets at this level. I think it only slightly possible at this point that the Thunder would prevail however what they have in their favor is the fact that the WC finals go through OKC and to have one less game in Denver and not face the altitude is something to consider

In spite of that I think the Nuggets are poised to defend their title and while the Thunder is my number one Cinderella team and would love to seem them prevail, I doubt that will happen

On the flip side Boston revealed weaknesses to me last night that I would hope will be sternly addressed by the coach before the next game as the Heat are relentless
Steve , I've checked the box scores after each Celtics games for decades. Usually there's a starter with a very odd shooting night when they lose. Last time it was the Unicorn. He usually averages 20 points. I'm looking at starting 5 production. Miami has been an unorthodox team for many years. Their coach is all too willing to experiment with anyone on the roster and say to that unheralded player, prove me right. Last year were Strus and Vincent. Now he's got a few more to act as nothing to lose players. When Butler and Rozier went down, the red button gets activated. To think that they will win 4 games with such strategy his truly going to be amazing.

Steve , I've checked the box scores after each Celtics games for decades. Usually there's a starter with a very odd shooting night when they lose. Last time it was the Unicorn. He usually averages 20 points. I'm looking at starting 5 production. Miami has been an unorthodox team for many years. Their coach is all too willing to experiment with anyone on the roster and say to that unheralded player, prove me right. Last year were Strus and Vincent. Now he's got a few more to act as nothing to lose players. When Butler and Rozier went down, the red button gets activated. To think that they will win 4 games with such strategy his truly going to be amazing.
This is the playoffs Phil. The season is over and now anything is truly possible. Denver is rock solid . No one can defend Jokic. He plays all positions. The guy is always winded yet has the energy to drive the ball from his end to the other end, make the pass to his team mate with out looking or pull up and sink 3's from everywhere. He makes baskets falling on his butt. AD is a laugh trying to guard him. Have you counted the number of times in each game AD ends up on the floor.

Their starting 5 is the best Ive seen of any team this year. Boston is a finesse team and the Unicorn has a role but guarding Jokic is a daunting task

They have toyed with the Lakers in the first half of each of the 3 games and allowed them to take 10-20 point leads and then the start of the 2nd half is a whole new story.

I turned the game off yesterday in the 4th. I couldn't watch it. Im not sure there is any team in the WC who can play their game other than the Wolves who are bangers. OKC has youth and speed. I expect the Nuggs to win the WC. So who in the EC can play their style. Boston has to rely on their scorers as I can't see Unicorn guarding Jokic. But Boston holds home court, which really hasn't been a factor in LA but the Celts play great at home. As a team who can goo face to face with the Nuggets, a healthy Knicks team might make a series of it. The Celtics have to play their game and score as they do and hold home court otherwise it will be a very short series

Reactions: christoph and jadis
I agree that the starting 5 of Denver is the best. And each player is a perfect definition of 1,2,3,4,5. No pseudo 4 that plays the 1 or a 3 playing the 4. I'm saying this because Jaylen Brown should be a 2, and Tatum should be a 3 and they need a guy like Aaron Gordon at the 4 , for example. Again , I'm happy to see the so called positionless basketball format sliding down the lane. :D

Last edited:
I just saw a clip where D Lo was sitting far way from the huddle during a time out and Jay Williams of ESPN even alluded he could be using a cellphone. 0 points from Russell who was almost unstoppable after the trade deadline.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Steve Williams
Solid 50 points for Embiid, BUT IMO he should be banned for remainder of playoffs.
Perhaps there is indeed such a thing as hubris because IMO this will either impede him from playing for the rest of the playoffs or he will need some sort of eye protection. Plus it takes months and months for Bells palsy to resolve , if it ever does. This is big news

Joel Embiid reveals Bell’s palsy diagnosis after Sixers' Game 3 victory

Philadelphia's center says he's battled symptoms such as blurred vision and dry eyes since before the Play-In Tournament.

"FWIW in the 12 games played so far the home team is 12-0"

Well, the Pacers wrecked that last night.
You were right a few months ago, Steve, when you said the Pacers are a year away, but their youth and fearlessness are causing everyone problems already. Last night they made the Bucks look old and tired. Dame still shot like Dame and others had their moments, but it was clear that without Giannis they have to get uncontested looks and everything needs to drop if they're to stay in it. The Pacers were able to get back to their fast game on Tuesday, and while Haliburton didn't have many points he did what he does best, and that's being a point guard and quarterbacking the game.
Carlisle is a great coach. He knows how to balance the X's and O's with old-fashioned motivation. He's the perfect coach to shepherd the group of guys he has. Our seats are right behind the Pacers' bench, and it's easy to see (and hear!) how he gets everyone's attention and respect.
Im watching the Pacers vs Bucks and I have to say that Pacers are an exciting team to watch as they started the game with a bang and carried a 20 point lead into the second period where the Bucks made a bit of a run. They can't defend Lopez as he is so tall but they have shown a lot of poise. Doc looks worried on the sideline

End of the half

Pacers lead the Bucks 67-55

The only thing they lack IMO is playoff experience. They will be a force next year

Once again this game proves that a 20 point lead in this league is not insurmountable.Pacers played a great first period but Bucks take their first lead at 93-92.

Lillard and Middleton played a great game whereas the Pacers continued to show lack of poise and maturity as they costs them ahead by 1 but misses the free throw and Bucks comes back and score with 9 seconds in thrntinued to commit stupid fouls and the Bucks make 3's from everywhere. Lillard is such a great player and would love to see him finally win ring but not going to happen with the Bucks

Pacers have a rally in the final 2 minutes with a back and forth lead change game, Siakam puts them ahead by one but Bucks score to put them up by one. Pacers are fouled. Two free throws made and with 5 seconds in the game Bucks on their final possession and with 1.4 seconds Middleton drains a 3 ton tie the game

Pacers blew so many chances to win this game as it goes to OT tied at 111 o_O

Reactions: christoph
with 14 seconds in OT Pacers make a clutch 3 as Pacers take the lead 118-115 only too once again Middleton ties it with a 3 with 6.7 seconds left

Pacers take the last play and Halliburton sinks an amazing 2 point shot with 1.6 seconds on the clock to go ahead 120-118 and is fouled. Makes the and 1

Haliburton gets a triple double

Bucks miss the final shot and Pacers come back to steal the game 121-118

Gotta love this game

Doc was apoplectic :cool:

Midway through the 4th, Westbrook commits a dirty foul against Doncic and is pushed by Washington and then throws punch at Washington

Three technical fouls called (2 against Westbrook who is ejected) and one against Washington who is ejected
Dallas leads 92-75 and will go up 2-1 in the series

• Wow
Good to see the Clips losing that one. Westbrook truly threw a punch at Doncic, who walked away but Washington pushed Westbrook who threw anther punch and was ejected

Not good to see stuff like that in the NBA

Bottom line Mavs lead 2-1

Suns also suffer finishing higher in the standings only to face the Wolves , who IMO are the only team who I feel can match up well against the Nuggets, who I still see as winning the WC.

Suns fall again and like the Lakers will be going fishing early as they are both down 3-0

I don't get the Suns with their 3 stars. KD remains stellar in disabilities but just seems to be going through the motions. The Suns have had their sun rise and set several years ago when they had IMO so much better a team. However management thought they knew better and traded some of their young talent to be more competitive. They fired whom I thought to be a fantastic coach and well respected by the players. Monty now resides in Detroit with a thankless task of rebuilding the Pistons whereas Frank Vogel was handed a team with 3 superstars and cannot figure a way to win. My guess is the league by end of the playoffs will see a lot of unemployed head coaches

The biggest dumb ass move made by any management was in Milwaukee as they have not been the same team since Doc was brought in to right the ship which I thought Wass sailing just fine

Reactions: christoph and jadis
My thoughts about firing and replacing coaches like flipping hotcakes. . .
It's an offshoot of the Win Now Mentality of the team's management. New coaches have to have some good chemistry with their new teams. To come in and win the title in the first year or second year is actually a very rare and difficult feat. Pop, Spo, and Mark Malone have long previous losing seasons but they are far from being fired even by imagination. Malone is reaping the fruits of management's trust and patience in the Win and Rebuilding strategy. I honestly cannot blame coach Bud last year and Doc this time because Giannis played only 1 or 2 games last year and this season, has missed the first 3 games of the playoffs. Think Jokic missing 2 or 3 games in a 7 game series. Blame
Malone? I believe playoff success is predicated on X factors, the ifs and buts. The champions usually have little or none of that and injuries are 90% of those and little comes from flagrant 2 suspensions. Think Green being suspended AFTER game 4 mostly due to the screaming media who all yelled suspension in the next 12 hours and then league gladly obliged. Cost the Warriors a ring. Pop had 2 star players each missing a free throw or they would still be up by 2 even after the Ray Allen shot. Can't imagine blaming Pop for that. Patience is key. Another wild turn was when Udoka was in the Finals on this first year but run into some sensitive problem with a female staff. Talk about the chances of a lighting bolt on the clear day. I'm almost pretty sure there will be noises of firing Joe if the gets the boot from Miami. That's the way of the basketball world now. Sad to say.

Terrific and thoughtful post Phil. I can’t deny what you say about Giannis BUT they have a darn good rest of the team

And I don’t get with 3 superstars how the Suns are simply terrible. Makes me think Vogel is vulnerable

Reactions: jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing