New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
My son tells me Otto Porter came from the Wizards. He quite good.
The Bulls were Porter’s stop before the Warriors — good, smart player; can shoot, pass, and rebound but rarely healthy. Played in easily less than half of games over his 2-3 year period with the team. Missed a lot of games with the Wizards too I think. .

• Sad
Reactions: jadis and christoph

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
For me the biggest disappointment to these past 7 games is Russell Westbrook, who is now the highest paid player on the Lakers. Simply put, "he's terrible" and has done absolutely nothing on the floor to promote the Lakers offense. His star has come and gone and fading fast. To me he looks like a fish out of water

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
  • Haha
Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
For me the biggest disappointment to these past 7 games is Russell Westbrook, who is now the highest paid player on the Lakers. Simply put, "he's terrible" and has done absolutely nothing on the floor to promote the Lakers offense. His star has come and gone and fading fast. To me he looks like a fish out of water

I was wondering how Westbrook bagged the league MVP in 2016-2017. Mainly, it was said it's because he had the most triple doubles. And he averaged 31.7ppg, no small feat. And he was the main man in OKC. Paul George hasn't arrived yet. With the Lakers, he is the 'third' man, as the first 2 options are clearly James and Davis. Maybe he needs to shoot and shoot to get his rhythm going, and that means either Davis or James will have 12 points so Russ can have his 30. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Good game by the Celtics but they lost in 2 over times. Not bad since they did not have Al Horford and Josh Richardson. Brown has leveled up.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I was wondering how Westbrook bagged the league MVP in 2016-2017. Mainly, it was said it's because he had the most triple doubles. And he averaged 31.7ppg, no small feat. And he was the main man in OKC. Paul George hasn't arrived yet. With the Lakers, he is the 'third' man, as the first 2 options are clearly James and Davis. Maybe he needs to shoot and shoot to get his rhythm going, and that means either Davis or James will have 12 points so Russ can have his 30. :D
Probably

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Saw highlights of the Pacers - Hornets game. LaMelo was FABULOUS and Hayward now looks like his Utah Jazz self. Happy for him. But the star was Pacers' rookie Duerte. Number 13 pick of this year's draft. Wow, 27 points and shooting like a veteran. Jack should be bullish on him. :D

Steve Williams

Phil

I thought the game to watch was the double OT win by the Knicks over the Celtics and to a lesser extent the Bulls win over the Pistons.However the fact that the Nuggs were able to handily beat the Suns in Phoenix

And tonight the Clipps are at home to the Warriors. The ease with which they broke down the Lakers game 2 nights ago tells me the Warriors are back and will be a force to be dealt with. They looked terrific against the Lakers who manhandled them through 3 periods only to implode in the 4th

If only Westbrook could find his game things might be different but to me Westbrook is playing like Ben Simmons did for the Sixers in last years playoffs. He seems to lack total confidence in his game. Oddly there only Laker who seems capable of having the fortitude to play the entire game and remain strong in the 4th was the old man LeBron

Lakers have a lot to iron out

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
I am not the biggest Westbrook fan but I still trust he will figure out his role and will bounce back. He has a history of starting slow on his new team. The coaching team still have a lot of work to do - maybe relegate him to be the main man of the second unit. He looks lost right now, but one thing that he always have is effort.

Lebron looks like he still have some left in the tank. Some extreme athletes can stay amazing till late in their career - Tom Brady, Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Manny Pacquiao are a few examples. I guess the key for them is staying healthy. Their 95% or 90% is still better than the general population.

Harrell played well for the Wizards last night

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Phil

I thought the game to watch was the double OT win by the Knicks over the Celtics and to a lesser extent the Bulls win over the Pistons.However the fact that the Nuggs were able to handily beat the Suns in Phoenix
Yes Steve, that Breem, Mark and Jeff were covering the Celtics Knicks game tells it was going to be a good one, and playoff atmosphere was felt, and the 'stars' of NYC were there too, kinda like LA :D. I like the Nuggets. And if they get Murray back they will even be better.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Clippers open thier season tonight against the Warriors in San Francisco.
They are a tough team. They are definitely better now than the 10 seed in last years western play inl. Hey have speed , Steph and shooters. Lakers are 0-3 in 2 weeks against the Warriors.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The injury bug caught its first big victim in starter Kyle Lowry of the Heat, in his first game. Bad sprain and he went straight to the dugout.

• Sad
Reactions: christoph and WLVCA

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Currry hasn't missed a shot yet - 7 for 7 to give the Warriors an 11 point lead late in the first.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Kawhi sighting - he's actually on the bench with the team!
I saw him too, a big improvement from the distancing in the suite box. :D Good sign.

Curry has gone wild.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing