New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I also wish Ray Allen well. I think Phil had some issues with him at the end of his career but IMO one of the greatest shooters in the league

Ray Allen takes basketball coaching job at Miami prep school

The Hall-of-Fame sharpshooter is set to share his knowledge as a coach at the prep level.

True. I can't take him in as a true Celtic. And as long as KG isn't talking to him, I'll continue to be in great distance with Allen. Can't take away his shooting abilities and him teaching kids how to shoot is not a bad thing.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
well according to the NBA these are the dates and games that should be circled on out calendars and the reasons why....

Titanic stars and title contenders highlight NBA's return to normal schedule

From star-studded matchups and notable reunions to highly anticipated debuts, the 82-game schedule is filled with dates to circle.

Steve Williams

I can't argue with this and my guess is Christoph will be in complete agreement as well.Stephen A is usually spot on

If Nets are healthy this should be their year

Stephen A.: 'Kevin Durant is the best player in the world, period!'​

Reactions: jadis and christoph

Steve Williams

well how about this.........Bleacher Report is predicting win-lose record every team this year. If they are that good perhaps we should just not have a season and go straight to the playoffs based on their prediction.

Every NBA Team's Win-Loss Predictions After Full 2021-22 Schedule Release​

I'm shocked that they predict GSW will finish 2nd in the Pacific division behind the Lakers. I want to see GSW back in the playoffs. And how about where they expect Clippers to finish

Reactions: christoph and jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
well how about this.........Bleacher Report is predicting win-lose record every team this year. If they are that good perhaps we should just not have a season and go straight to the playoffs based on their prediction.

Every NBA Team's Win-Loss Predictions After Full 2021-22 Schedule Release​

I'm shocked that they predict GSW will finish 2nd in the Pacific division behind the Lakers. I want to see GSW back in the playoffs. And how about where they expect Clippers to finish

My early thought for the Clippers was somewhere in the range of in the range of 40 - 45 wins next year so not far off from the Bleacher Report forecast

....Unless Kawhi makes a miraculous recovery and is back on the court in January. You know Kawhi always puts team first o_O

• Haha
Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My early thought for the Clippers was somewhere in the range of in the range of 40 - 45 wins next year so not far off from the Bleacher Report forecast

....Unless Kawhi makes a miraculous recovery and is back on the court in January. You know Kawhi always puts team first o_O
Giannis' miraculous recovery from a real bad looking knee injury in the Finals could be a source of hope though.:)

Reactions: christoph and WLVCA

Steve Williams

I thought this was the read of the day.......

Schedule breakdown: How rest, road trips and other factors will impact 2021-22

Two-game series aren't going anywhere, while one-game road trips were cut down even more as the league prioritizes player rest.

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It’s sad as those 2 and the Captain put the Celts back on the map again.
Generally it's a sad thing from the big picture. But as I said before , I can relate with KG. Right after Ray donned the Heat jersey and visited the Garden for his first game as a Heat, Ray went to the Celtics bench to greet everyone and KG just treated him like the wind. The rivalry was like no other. KG as we know was very very intense on the court, even in his Wolves days. I have felt intense rivalry with the Sixers and the Lakers but this one was about KG and the C's against LeBron with his 2 teams, Cavs and Heat. I know it's trash talk when KG said that his C's drove LeBron out of Cleveland after 8 years of not winning a title and moved to Miami, but when you pit the dramatics and antics of LeBron against KG's intensity, these things are bound to happen. And it doesn't help that in the eyes of KG, the 'bolter' even helped Lebron win a title. :eek:

Steve Williams

Generally it's a sad thing from the big picture. But as I said before , I can relate with KG. Right after Ray donned the Heat jersey and visited the Garden for his first game as a Heat, Ray went to the Celtics bench to greet everyone and KG just treated him like the wind. The rivalry was like no other. KG as we know was very very intense on the court, even in his Wolves days. I have felt intense rivalry with the Sixers and the Lakers but this one was about KG and the C's against LeBron with his 2 teams, Cavs and Heat. I know it's trash talk when KG said that his C's drove LeBron out of Cleveland after 8 years of not winning a title and moved to Miami, but when you pit the dramatics and antics of LeBron against KG's intensity, these things are bound to happen. And it doesn't help that in the eyes of KG, the 'bolter' even helped Lebron win a title. :eek:
Phil

these are grown men who are multi gazillionaires with nothing left to prove. IMO a better sign of the times would be some form of reconciliation. Hell,, Bird and Magic hated each other but look at them now. They even made that documentary together about the two of them. There are more important things in life than carrying a grudge to your grave. I say "get over it"

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

I still find it difficult to remember the day when the announcement was made that Kobe, his daughter and many others perished in that helicopter crash

Happy Birthday Kobe. You were truly one of the greatest stars in the game You are sadly missed......

World remembers Kobe Bryant on legend's 43rd birthday

Social media was overflowing with memories of Kobe Bryant on his 43rd birthday.

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

and some of his accomplishments.....

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

I like Ben Simmons. I hope he has a turn around season.

Ben Simmons Trade Rumors: Scout Thinks 76ers PG May Not Attend Camp If He Isn't Dealt

"Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN reported June 24 that Simmons' agent, Rich Paul, met with Sixers officials about his future and "whether it makes sense to work together to find a trade before the start of next season."

While that didn't result in a formal trade request, the meeting itself was a bit damning as to where Simmons fits into the franchise's plans."

So Simmons through his agent has in fact contacted the Sixers' officials about the situation, short of a trade request. The problem as I read is that the Sixers are asking a very hefty price for a possible trade. Apparently there are not many teams who was a fabulous player who can do lots of things but can't shoot.

Reactions: Steve Williams

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
"Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN reported June 24 that Simmons' agent, Rich Paul, met with Sixers officials about his future and "whether it makes sense to work together to find a trade before the start of next season."

While that didn't result in a formal trade request, the meeting itself was a bit damning as to where Simmons fits into the franchise's plans."

So Simmons through his agent has in fact contacted the Sixers' officials about the situation, short of a trade request. The problem as I read is that the Sixers are asking a very hefty price for a possible trade. Apparently there are not many teams who was a fabulous player who can do lots of things but can't shoot.
How about Kawhi for Ben Simmons?

Ben can't shoot but he does show up and play every night.

Kawhi can shoot but doesn't show up.

Sounds like a good deal to me. ;)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
How about Kawhi for Ben Simmons?

Ben can't shoot but he does show up and play every night.

Kawhi can shoot but doesn't show up.

Sounds like a good deal to me. ;)
Sounds good too, If you put it that way. :)

Reactions: WLVCA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing