New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I've said before that the Clippers would do much better to re-sign Regggie Jackson than re-sign KL

I thought Jackson proved his value in the playoffs
Reggie did have a great playoff run with the Clippers. I think he's wants a home run contract with all the money floating around.

He could have the same issue as Dennis Schröder, good but not great with inflated view of value. Plus Reggie is 31 so a long term deal takes him into mid-30's.

Reactions: jadis and christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Kemba reaches buyout with OKC on his $74m contract to play for the Knicks for $10m.

And Brad re-embraces Enes Kanter whom he benched for 2 years and sign him for a veterans minimum. Whoopee.

Reactions: christoph and WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Kemba reaches buyout with OKC on his $74m contract to play for the Knicks for $10m.

And Brad re-embraces Enes Kanter whom he benched for 2 years and sign him for a veterans minimum. Whoopee.
I liked Enes Kanter when he was with OKC. Solid role player

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Hello....anybody home? Awfully quiet free agency period for the LA Clippers.

Any plan? No plan? Waiting to pick though the scrap heap?

Hope something is going on at LAC HQ.
Looks like the Clippers and Celtics HQ are on holidays :rolleyes:

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Looks like the Clippers and Celtics HQ are on holidays :rolleyes:
Well, it looks like both are not 'chasing' rings. :D Celts have no cap space for a big star. They've always been thrifty. :D LAC seems to know KL will be on the injured list anyway. So let the other BIG guns teams yak it out. :D I imagine the Nets will be on a 'revenge tour'. And Kyrie might ask for some apology from the 'logo'. :D

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Well, it looks like both are not 'chasing' rings. :D Celts have no cap space for a big star. They've always been thrifty. :D LAC seems to know KL will be on the injured list anyway. So let the other BIG guns teams yak it out. :D I imagine the Nets will be on a 'revenge tour'. And Kyrie might ask for some apology from the 'logo'. :D
You are probably right :D

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
There are still some good unsigned FA's

Lakers have been busy but I understand they will be nicknamed the "wheelchair gang" where average age of the team must be way over 30

Interesting bunch of guys they put together. Some use seeing eye dogs to help get them around town

• Haha
Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

I'm trying to understand the Chris Paul deal. Other than a 4 year contract which takes him to age 40 (when he might play for the Lakers :)) he took a dramatic cut in pay for the long term stability
He is now making $30M per year whereas last year he made $44M

• Haha
Reactions: jadis and christoph

Steve Williams

Hello....anybody home? Awfully quiet free agency period for the LA Clippers.

Any plan? No plan? Waiting to pick though the scrap heap?

Hope something is going on at LAC HQ.
Looks like the Clipps lost out on this one as well'

Reports: Spencer Dinwiddie headed to Wizards in multi-team deal

The 28-year-old guard reportedly will join Washington as part of a five-team trade.

Steve Williams

News out of the league today is that the senior citizen Lakers will be collecting Social Security checks from the government along with their one year contract. Government sources says the extra monies from Social Security will allow them to qualify for the Seniors "meals on wheels" program" and will help many of them secure better wheel chairs. :eek:

Lakers team when playing will be like watching the Parolympics and X games

• Wow
Reactions: WLVCA and jadis

Steve Williams

I must admit I worried about Team USA after their first loss in 17 years however KD has righted the ship as USA faces France for the Gold

Olympic men's basketball recap: Team USA tops Australia, reaches gold medal game

Team USA ramps up its defense and follows Kevin Durant's lead to oust Australia and will face France for the gold medal.

Reactions: christoph and WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm trying to understand the Chris Paul deal. Other than a 4 year contract which takes him to age 40 (when he might play for the Lakers :)) he took a dramatic cut in pay for the long term stability
He is now making $30M per year whereas last year he made $44M

He must be a very likeable guy to many teams. I remember there was a report that the Houston owner didn't want to give him a max contract and then next thing that came out was a photo of tgmd owner and him arms over shoulder and the max deal was done. After being bounced to 2 more teams, a third team, the Pelicans, were even interested to pry him out of the Suns. He must have some special charisma at age 36 and not a title holder to be getting such lucrative deals. Yes, it takes some time to understand this.

Steve Williams

He must be a very likeable guy to many teams. I remember there was a report that the Houston owner didn't want to give him a max contract and then next thing that came out was a photo of tgmd owner and him arms over shoulder and the max deal was done. After being bounced to 2 more teams, a third team, the Pelicans, were even interested to pry him out of the Suns. He must have some special charisma at age 36 and not a title holder to be getting such lucrative deals. Yes, it takes some time to understand this.
Well he was the head of the Players' Association but he did some dumb things as a Clipper when he and Blake Griffin raided the Lakers locker room

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Well he was the head of the Players' Association but he did some dumb things as a Clipper when he and Blake Griffin raided the Lakers locker room
CP3 snuck into the Clippers locker room when he played for the Rockets.

Lakers or Blake not involved....unless he did it more than once.

His 4 year deal with the Suns is front loaded and only guaranteed for 2 years so not as bad as it first appeared.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Heat is certainly ON. Adding PJ Tucker and Lowry, plus a core with Butler, Bam, Robinson, Hero, and Oladipo.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The uniform should spell "LeBron' instead of Lakers. But I'm sure in the other no so friendly fan sites it will be 'LeBum'. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing