New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Mavs are also peaking at the right time as they defeat the Nets
113-109
Lakers are looking more like a play in team now
Impressive win by Dallas. The move the ball very well and get good shots, negating the one on one superiority of Irving and Durant. Gutsy team, And always, great coaching from Carlisle.

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Celtics are down a game to the Heat for the 6th spot and will 2 of their remaining games against the Heat. Bloodbath.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Derrick Rose played like his younger days and led the Knicks to a win over the Clippers today

Julius Randle looked pretty darn good for New York, too.

Clippers played like crap.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
so here we are with 4 games left in the season and so much jockying now for better position in the standings by all of the top 10 teams

If season ends today the best matchup where anything is possible is a play in between the Lakers and the Warriors. And if you guys think the Warriors can't be the Cinnderella team of the west how about this.......

Stephen Curry was at it again Saturday night against the Thunder, pouring in 49 points in just 29 minutes in Golden State’s 136-97 victory.

Curry matched his season best with 11 3-pointers, marking the seventh time this season he’s made 10 or more treys. He’s now gone for 40 or more points in 10 games this season.

The fact that Curry went off against the Thunder isn’t a big surprise since he’s had some of his best shooting performances this season against them

Reactions: jadis and christoph

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
So what are everyone's thoughts as to where the NBA championship will reside this year

For me, the Lakers are just too injured and too far into the schedule to get everyone on the same page as they were last year in the bubble.If the Lakers get by the Warriors I see them being eliminated early in the western conference finals

FWIW in spite of the stellar record of the Suns and quite possibly the Jazz I also don't see either winning the championship although either could likely win the west

Also FWIW and sad to say I just don't see the Clippers emerging from the West as conference champions. To me the Clippers have just been too up and down all season. They seem to have a great team but some of their losses to lesser teams makes me wonder. I have said many times here that I am not convinced that Lue is the best coach for the Clippers and I see them as perhaps spoilers in the west

So that takes us to the East. It is my opinion that the East will take the Trophy home. So which team? Brooklyn one paper when all 3 of their stars are healthy seem invincible but otherwise they too have fallen out of first with some recent losses

In the East I believe the Sixers, Bucks and Nets are the 3 teams that could go all of the way. Recently Giannis has looked terrific But having said that, the Sixers IMO are solid steady giants and I think the East will come down to a final between the Sixers and the Nets which I believe will go 7 games

Earlier in the year the Nets seemed to have a lock on the championship with the addition of Harden but now I remain puzzled as to the eventual winner of the East as I am now leaning towards not only a Sixers Eastern Championship but also poised to take it all. If the Sixers win I wonder how Ballmer is going to feel with Doc being fired and hired the next day by the Sixers and taking them to the finals

When the season started I felt the Clippers and the Lakers were the 2 best teams in the league (not just the west) but this is a shorter season but far more intense with a game every other day. This leaves virtually no time for teams to even practice together on a regular basis and with COVID as well as injuries on all teams virtually all teams have sustained injuries however at the end of the day it seems that the teams with the strongest legs and stamina are those teams with the youngest players. The Lakers are an old team and I feel LeBron has won his last ring as his recent injury seems more severe than they are letting on. I saw him on the sidelines yesterday after the Lakers win and he was walking with a slight limp. I just don't see him returning for the finals and being in playing condition. So sadly I don't see either the Lakers or the Clippers emerging from the West

I also said before the season started that there will be surprise upsets this year. There will be indeed but it is disconcerting to see this happen as a result of injuries. The Lakers in Feb were at the peak of their game and seemed to have a lock on the west until AD went out for over 2 months as did Lebron and they are now mired in 7th spot and most likely will end up in the play ins

So where I am now is that the East will prevail and Im thinking with a healthy Embiid the Sixers will be the champs unless the Nets have all 3 super heroes healthy

Reactions: jadis and christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So what are everyone's thoughts as to where the NBA championship will reside this year

For me, the Lakers are just too injured and too far into the schedule to get everyone on the same page as they were last year in the bubble.If the Lakers get by the Warriors I see them being eliminated early in the western conference finals

FWIW in spite of the stellar record of the Suns and quite possibly the Jazz I also don't see either winning the championship although either could likely win the west

Also FWIW and sad to say I just don't see the Clippers emerging from the West as conference champions. To me the Clippers have just been too up and down all season. They seem to have a great team but some of their losses to lesser teams makes me wonder. I have said many times here that I am not convinced that Lue is the best coach for the Clippers and I see them as perhaps spoilers in the west

So that takes us to the East. It is my opinion that the East will take the Trophy home. So which team? Brooklyn one paper when all 3 of their stars are healthy seem invincible but otherwise they too have fallen out of first with some recent losses

In the East I believe the Sixers, Bucks and Nets are the 3 teams that could go all of the way. Recently Giannis has looked terrific But having said that, the Sixers IMO are solid steady giants and I think the East will come down to a final between the Sixers and the Nets which I believe will go 7 games

Earlier in the year the Nets seemed to have a lock on the championship with the addition of Harden but now I remain puzzled as to the eventual winner of the East as I am now leaning towards not only a Sixers Eastern Championship but also poised to take it all. If the Sixers win I wonder how Ballmer is going to feel with Doc being fired and hired the next day by the Sixers and taking them to the finals

When the season started I felt the Clippers and the Lakers were the 2 best teams in the league (not just the west) but this is a shorter season but far more intense with a game every other day. This leaves virtually no time for teams to even practice together on a regular basis and with COVID as well as injuries on all teams virtually all teams have sustained injuries however at the end of the day it seems that the teams with the strongest legs and stamina are those teams with the youngest players. The Lakers are an old team and I feel LeBron has won his last ring as his recent injury seems more severe than they are letting on. I saw him on the sidelines yesterday after the Lakers win and he was walking with a slight limp. I just don't see him returning for the finals and being in playing condition. So sadly I don't see either the Lakers or the Clippers emerging from the West

I also said before the season started that there will be surprise upsets this year. There will be indeed but it is disconcerting to see this happen as a result of injuries. The Lakers in Feb were at the peak of their game and seemed to have a lock on the west until AD went out for over 2 months as did Lebron and they are now mired in 7th spot and most likely will end up in the play ins

So where I am now is that the East will prevail and Im thinking with a healthy Embiid the Sixers will be the champs unless the Nets have all 3 super heroes healthy
My own picks are Sixers and Clippers. That would make a Finals with intrigue and irony. I feel Sixers have benefitted by Doc's coaching style, grind down top players like Embiid and Simmons, which they readily would embrace. Paul George has been playing great but he needs his other starters to shine. I can't see myself rooting for the Sixers despite Doc's presence and I'd like to see the Clippers redeem themselves.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I would love to see a Clippers - 76ers finals. Doc vs his protege and old team.

Seems the Sixers have a better chance of making the finals than the Clippers though. LAC has been way too inconsistent and Kawhi has mystery foot and hand issues of some sort.

As for how I think it will actually work out -- well, hope it isn't the Nets from the Eastern Conference so I'll say 76ers as the Bucks don't seem to have enough great players behind Giannis.

Not sure about the West at all.

I would have said Denver but they lost Jamal Murray to injury.

Phoenix has been very good but they haven't been in the playoffs for 10 years and they likely need more seasoning. Plus if CP3 holds true to form he'll get injured and be unable to play.

Utah has two guards injured - Donovan Mitchell and Mike Conley.

LeBron is hobbled and AD can't carry the full load himself so Lakers are not in good shape. But if LeBron does come back in good shape you can never count him out.

Considering all of the above maybe the Clippers can get there if they get everyone on the same page.

Still, Steve is likely correct that a team from the East will win the trophy.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing