New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Whatever the circumstances one has to acknowledge that the Lakers have done quite well so far this season. So, kudos to Pelinka for a job well done. Had it gone in another direction he'd be taking the blame so he should take the credit when due.

The Lakers have been much better than I expected - and the Clippers worse than I expected.
I can't figure the Clipps. On paper they have the best teaming the league but when you watch them they seem to be going through the motions and eek out the win (as they did last night again GSW and the night before. Rarely do they win by blowouts

It seems as if they are just pacing themselves for the playoffs

As for the Lakers of course I am happy however I just cannot see them maintaining that momentum through the season and still have enough going into the playoffs. Clipps seem to have only the playoffs and the trophy in their sites . Can they be missing the trees for the forest. They just don't seem to care other than going outing getting the win in less than championship fashion

I still haven't figured who the team leader is.IMO it is PG and not Kawhi

Reactions: christoph and jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Right now I prefer Paul George to Kawhi but George has a tweaked hamstring at the moment and will miss at least one more game.

I'm not sure if they are in "saving it for the playoffs" mode or if they haven't meshed yet.

My worst fear is that there are issues among the players - perhaps some resentment towards Kawhi for his refusal to play in back to back games.

Not clear yet but they struggled (again) to beat the injury ravaged Warriors last night.

Steve Williams

Right now I prefer Paul George to Kawhi but George has a tweaked hamstring at the moment and will miss at least one more game.

I'm not sure if they are in "saving it for the playoffs" mode or if they haven't meshed yet.

My worst fear is that there are issues among the players - perhaps some resentment towards Kawhi for his refusal to play in back to back games.

Not clear yet but they struggled (again) to beat the injury ravaged Warriors last night.
I see it the same way.
to me Kawhi is a strange guy , almost a loner yet greatness exudes

i do agree about his refusal to play back to back games.

Steve Williams

no more load management in Brooklyn ..........question is whether Kyrie is even going to make a difference

Nets guard Kyrie Irving listed as probable against the Hawks

NBA.com Staff

Kyrie Irving is likely to return to action against the Atlanta Hawks on Sunday (6 ET, NBA League Pass).

The Brooklyn Nets guard is listed as probable, the team announced. Irving has been out of the lineup for nearly two months because of a right shoulder injury.

The six-time All-Star was able to fully participate in practices for the first time on Thursday. When asked if there are any limitations about what he's able to do, he said he has none "other than just keeping my shoulder maintenance program going before I get on the floor."

Irving has averaged 28.5 points in 11 games during his first season with Brooklyn. He ranks second in All-Star fan votes among Eastern Conference guards.

Just a week ago, Irving said there was a possibility he could need surgery on the shoulder.

Irving's shoulder problem began with overuse near the end of training camp and got worse early in the regular season. He stopped playing after a Nov. 14 game in Denver and the Nets have said his injury is an impingement. Irving said he also had bursitis in the shoulder.

I really think KD made a huge mistake but then again it will be KD's team next year :eek:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

It would be amazing if the Clippers end up as the 8th seed and meet the first seed Lakers in the first round. And if the Clippers win that series, Jerry West, Lawrence Franks and Doc will be the new geniuses in the NBA for 'losing' to win. :D

Well, it would be in the mold of Muhammad Ali's dramatic late round knockout of George Foreman after being whipped in the early rounds. :D

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

something aint right in LaLa land and this time it is Clipps that tell me something isn't right with the team. Granted Denver is a great team but on paper the Clipps are the Best Team

Yesterday's loss tells me there is something not right as the Nuggs shackled Kawhi for the win 114-104

That loss dropped the Clipps from 2nd to 5th spot although 2nd through 5th are separated by all of half a game

The west is so good now that Utah has a 9 game win streak and are now i 3rd place. So much parity in the west now

Steve Williams

In the east some surprises as the Heat lose to the lowly Knicks and the Nets win as Kyrie returns and scores 21

the final standings in both conferences I am betting will be so close that only a mathematician will be able to figure them out

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
something aint right in LaLa land and this time it is Clipps that tell me something isn't right with the team. Granted Denver is a great team but on paper the Clipps are the Best Team

Yesterday's loss tells me there is something not right as the Nuggs shackled Kawhi for the win 114-104

That loss dropped the Clipps from 2nd to 5th spot although 2nd through 5th are separated by all of half a game

The west is so good now that Utah has a 9 game win streak and are now i 3rd place. So much parity in the west now

Well Steve, Clippers should start worrying if they fall to 8th place. PG is not playing so I guess Doc and company won't be that alarmed yet. Look like these 2 superstars compliment each other, and both their points output are needed to win games.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Looks like the Clippers are going to win a game, leading the Cavs (with K. Love sitting out) by 30 early in the 4th quarter.

Paul George did not play again.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Looks like the Clippers are going to win a game, leading the Cavs (with K. Love sitting out) by 30 early in the 4th quarter.

Paul George did not play again.

I read that Kawhi scored 43 points in 3 quarters. 4th quarter must be a bonus LM, for the next game. :) This is his way to quietly telling his critics to calm down and let him do his job. :)

Steve Williams

The west remains solid but somehow it doesn't seem the same with out the GSW in the mix

Klay Thompson unsure when he'll return to court
Golden State guard continuing to rehab torn ACL in left knee
From NBA media reports

The Golden State Warriors have played most of this season without household names Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson in the mix. Since suffering a torn ACL in his left knee injury in Game 6 of The 2019 Finals, Thompson was expected to be out until at least the All-Star break.

Thompson spoke with the media on Tuesday night during the Warriors' 124-97 loss to the Mavericks, explaining that his rehabilitation process is going well, but that a return this season remains unknown.

"It's going great," Thompson said during Tuesday's game against the Dallas Mavericks. "I mean, at least my suits are well tailored. And it's fun to watch these guys battle. Obviously, I wish I could be out there. It's been a long process. I haven't stopped working since the third day after Game 6 of the 2019 Finals. You might not see me a lot, but I'm working. I don't know what's going to come this season, I would love to get out there.

"I appreciate the Warrior fans showing up every night in Chase
, just a testament to the fan base we have. They know it's been a tough season, but they know the future's bright -- so it's actually nice to be here. I haven't seen you guys [media] in a long time. You're welcome for me being here today. I just kind of miss -- I know it's a tough part of the season. It's very rare for me not to be grinding through it with them, but I'm trying to make sure this type of injury never happens to me again, so I'll be very patient because I want to play at a high level 'til my late 30s."

Per ESPN's Nick Friedell, there has always been some hope that Thompson would suit up this season. However, the team does not want to risk further injury to a player they signed to a max contract last summer and is critical to the next phase of success for Golden State. In late October, coach Steve Kerr said it was "unlikely" that Thompson would suit up at all this season.

Thompson, per Friedell, has spent some time rehabbing in Los Angeles and is starting to be around the Warriors' practice facility more as his rehab ramps up. He has also been shooting with teammates after practices as well.

"More than anything it just feels good to see him out there," Kerr said before Tuesday's game, per Friedell. "And for him to feel it, like he's actually closer. Even though he's still a ways from being out on the floor, he's so far along now compared to when this first started. So he's pretty far down the path, so I think he's starting to feel that. The routine is changing now. He's on the court a lot more, and I'm asking him to be around our team a lot more. Both Steph [Curry] and Klay I've talked to about starting to be engaged and involved with the group. The new players need to get to know those guys and vice versa. And they give our young group some confidence just with their presence. So I think that's all part of the next step here for both Steph and Klay."

While Thompson has not played in a game this season, Curry did not fare much better in 2019-20. He was injured in the Warriors' fourth game, suffering a broken left hand in the third quarter of a 121-110 loss to the Phoenix Suns. He had surgery on the injury in early November and has been out of the lineup ever since.

After making the last five Finals, the Warriors have struggled this season because of those injuries -- and others -- to their revamped roster. At 9-33, Golden State has the NBA's worst record, having lost nine straight and 14 of its last 18 games overall.

Thompson will have his No. 1 jersey retired at Washington State on Saturday, traveling on owner Joe Lacob's private plane to Pullman, Wash., for the halftime ceremony when the Cougars host Oregon State.

''I haven't been back in about five years,'' Thompson said. ''To go back and see the people I really grew up with, the community that really embraced me, it's very nostalgic and it's just really cool because that was a dream of mine leaving Pullman. I didn't think it would ever come true and it did, so it's exciting.''

Warriors forward Draymond Green recently had his jersey retired at Michigan State. Curry will be joining Thompson in Washington for the ceremony, which is something that delights Thompson.

"It's really cool," Thompson said of Curry's attending. "We've been through a lot of highs together. A lot of lows. We've played at the highest level of the game as far as the NBA Finals and international competition. And he's been my longest-tenured teammate, so I appreciate him coming. One day maybe I'll make it out to Davidson, too, if he got to go get that degree."​

Reactions: WLVCA and christoph

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

I'm really looking forward to finally seeing this kid compete....

David Griffin says Zion Williamson expected to debut on Jan. 22
Michael C. Wright
Michael C. Wright NBA.com

The pregame between-the-legs dunk routine for Zion Williamson could finally manifest itself on the court this season, with the rookie star set to make his NBA debut on Jan. 22 when the New Orleans Pelicans host the San Antonio Spurs (8 ET, League Pass).

New Orleans Pelicans Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations David Griffin told reporters Wednesday that Williamson is on track to make his NBA debut then.

Williamson’s return would mark his first action since Oct. 13, and is the culmination of a slow, deliberate rehabilitation process stemming from an Oct. 21 surgery on his right knee.

Williamson returned to full-court, five-on-five work in practice with the Pelicans on Jan. 7. But coach Alvin Gentry and the organization took a non-committal stance about when Williamson would join his teammates on the floor in games.

Gentry has stated all along that once Williamson returns, he’ll be on a minutes restriction. However, Griffin told reporters Wednesday that Williamson will not be on a minutes restriction when he returns. His playing time will be determined by how he's faring on the court.

Still, it remains possible when Williamson hits the court against the Spurs, his time could be brief.

Either way, Williamson, 19, hasn’t played in a game since an Oct. 13 exhibition victory over the San Antonio Spurs, in which he racked up 22 points to go with 10 rebounds.

Williamson said he first started to feel pain in his right knee after New Orleans’ 123-114 win in San Antonio.

A subsequent MRI exam revealed damage to the meniscus in Williamson’s right knee, and the rookie underwent surgery on Oct. 21, a day before the team’s season-opening road loss to the Toronto Raptors.

The team initially pointed to a six-to-eight week time frame for Williamson’s recovery, but it also took a long-term view toward the rookie’s rehabilitation process, before deciding ultimately to bring him along at a slower pace, given his importance to the franchise.

The No. 1 overall pick in last year’s Draft, Williamson scored the most points in the preseason by a rookie in the last three seasons when he hit on 12-of-13 shots for 29 points in a Pelicans comeback win over the Chicago Bulls.

Williamson averaged 23.3 points per game in four preseason outings while shooting 71.4% and pulling down 6.5 rebounds.

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Lakers flat out stunk tonight as their 9 game winning streak comes to an end. They give up 21 points to the Magic only to take the lead and then the King in the 4th period cannot make free throws
Quinn Cook kept them in the game but no AD, Rondo, Caruso made the difference Close at the end but they make the mistake of giving Le Bron the last shot only to miss

Final Magic 119-118

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing