New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Reactions: MikeHorns
The Greek Freak stays at home.

The Greek Freak stays at home.

It's a very safe choice given the league's uncertain situation with COVID. He gets an extra year of max pay if he feels like staying or can opt-out after 3 years.

Reactions: christoph and jadis
I love this kid ever since I saw him start a few games under the bubble. He has bulked up since then.
Great read
This kid is going to add to the Lakers depth off the bench

i would go so far in saying that I think this year the Lakers have a stronger bench than the Clippers

The Emergence of THT

http://www.nba.com/lakers/multimedia/email/2021insiderdecember?utm_campaign=201215 Insider - December&utm_source=email&cid=email_headline&elqTrackId=5f1daf9f0f6b44fcabe4e9bff6f9bc41&elq=1055fcf7fa3c4af2aa98ffc630a41f4a&elqaid=272&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=210
The unsung hero behind all the late draft-pick successes for the Lakers is Jesse Buss, Jerry's youngest son. https://lakersnation.com/tag/jesse-buss/

Reactions: steve williams
It's a very safe choice given the league's uncertain situation with COVID. He gets an extra year of max pay if he feels like staying or can opt-out after 3 years.
Gotta hand it to him. He has a chance to lead his original team to at title, actually, opt out is after four years, so he's got 4 years to follow the footsteps of Kareem leading the Bucks to their only title in 1971. That brother in the West Coast, can expect to be 'waived'. :D

• Haha
Watching Phil's favorite team vs. Steve's favorite coach.
DIYhorn, it's a toss-up between Doc and Mike D'Antoni. But I'd guess Mike D gets the nod. :D

Watched a bit of the game earlier, the way Embiid was shooting, I'd trade Simmons and not him for Harden. :)

DIYhorn, it's a toss-up between Doc and Mike D'Antoni. But I'd guess Mike D gets the nod. :D

Watched a bit of the game earlier, the way Embiid was shooting, I'd trade Simmons and not him for Harden. :)
Simmon is a gifted athlete and a good passer at 6'10". But for a guy that's already in his 5th year, he hasn't shown the mental fortitude or maturity to come close to Pippen.

Reactions: jadis
Sixers beat the Celtics easily, will a full healthy lineup. Looks like Doc's got a very good team, manpower wise, and he likes these kinds of guys. :D Ainge still believes in very small players, at one time they had like 3 6-footers or below on the court, basically doing nothing but passing to find an open shooter. :D

Phil you know the game more than I do but IIRC Embiid choked in the playoffs this year. Im a Simmons fan and wouldn't trade him

Very clever (not-)move IMHO

Reactions: christoph

Warriors will have to do it the way they did it in 2015, on their own home.​

Giannis' decision gives Warriors clear path forward to next dynasty​

A good read, thanks.
I didn't even know that the Warriors were eyeing Giannis :oops:

Do they have a real Hulk for directly under the rims?
Why not try and get Dwight Howard?
He did an excellent job with the Lakers last year.
I don't understand why the let him go anyways after his surprisingly good performance :rolleyes:

A good read, thanks.
I didn't even know that the Warriors were eyeing Giannis :oops:

Do they have a real Hulk for directly under the rims?
Why not try and get Dwight Howard?
He did an excellent job with the Lakers last year.
I don't understand why the let him go anyways after his surprisingly good performance :rolleyes:
They drafted a 7 footer at No. 2 overall so we can expect something big to happen there with this guy. He has to develop within 72 games and he hope he can protect the rim and shoot. I believe that if Wiggins and Oubre can do 15-20 points a game average, it would be a good sign. Loony is their muscleman but the Warriors traditionally didn't have a hulk that was mobile, so Curry et al have to take over to splash them all over. :D

As for Howard, the guy posted on Twitter he was signed again by the Lakers only to delete it later and then we heard he was with the Sixers. We don't really know WHO pissed him off. :D

They drafted a 7 footer at No. 2 overall so we can expect something big to happen there with this guy. He has to develop within 72 games and he hope he can protect the rim and shoot. I believe that if Wiggins and Oubre can do 15-20 points a game average, it would be a good sign. Loony is their muscleman but the Warriors traditionally didn't have a hulk that was mobile, so Curry et al have to take over to splash them all over. :D
Thanks Phil for the good news about their new tall boy :cool:

If Klay cames back in half decent form, I'm hopeful that Curry, Green and my nice guy Wiggins can come back to be in the play-offs.
Don't know Oubre I have to admit :oops:
I would love for the Warriors to come back strongly :D

Thanks Phil for the good news about their new tall boy :cool:

If Klay cames back in half decent form, I'm hopeful that Curry, Green and my nice guy Wiggins can come back to be in the play-offs.
Don't know Oubre I have to admit :oops:
I would love for the Warriors to come back strongly :D
Anytime, Christoph. We're in this together. Since it is not probable for my Celtics to win the title, as nobody think they could this year (without a major bombshell trade using their $28m trade exception), I am all in for the Warriors in the West to capture their former glory. Just like the Spurs who was the model team franchise before them, the Warriors have that same structure, and as I've mentioned before, I highly admire those teams who build themselves up from the ground. Now that they are playing in downtown SF, my favorite city 5,000 miles from home, I hope to see them play there one day. In Curry we trust. :D

• Love
Here's the college highlights of the Warriors' No.2 pick, tall man, and maybe aptly named Wiseman - James Wiseman. Hmm...what a coincidence of a first name. But I hope this dude turns out wise, and good. :D A lot of No. 2's became good. Ja Morant from last year was Number 2. :)

• Wow

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing