christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
G
What a nail biter again :eek:
Got my heart pounding.I was beside my son who is for Denver. And a friend also for Denver was doing real time texting with me on viber. All of us felt the same way as that Anonoby shot the won the game for the Raptors. Not to say that Davis is an Anonoby. :p

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Bad coaching? :rolleyes:
There are lots of issues here. And questions. 1, Denver had a foul to give. 2.7 seconds is eternity for a catch pump fake and a shot, None came. 2. Choice of Jokic bothering the inbounder. While he is a giant, he can't reallly jump that high. He was better off assigned to AD than Plumlee, who is a lot less experienced and has less defensive prowess than Jokic, who is a good shotblocker. 3. The fatal mistake, or was it really his lack of defensive skills, of Plumlee to run AWAY from the curving arc pattern of AD toward the side of the 3pt arc. Plumlee run straight smack into Lebron while leaving AD with a clear distance so much so that when Jokic saw AD undefended, Jokic had to run to bother AD but it was way too late. Plumlee was supposed to play shadow man to man with AD but for some reasons, left his man by smacking into a standing Lebron (who had another Nugget with him), and Plumlee just stopped at the body of Lebron and watched AD take that shot. It was not even a pick that was set by Lebron but that Plumlee created that Lebron pick in the process. And 4, the worst issue for Denver, the shot went in. A 3 from way out, when only a 2 would have won it. So nowadays, the 3 is the more high percentage shot than a 2. Basketball evolution. :D I also wonder, if Denver had a timeout left, no sure now. But if they did, should Malone have called a timeout, or could he given the ball belonged to the Lakers?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
There are lots of issues here. And questions. 1, Denver had a foul to give. 2.7 seconds is eternity for a catch pump fake and a shot, None came. 2. Choice of Jokic bothering the inbounder. While he is a giant, he can't reallly jump that high. He was better off assigned to AD than Plumlee, who is a lot less experienced and has less defensive prowess than Jokic, who is a good shotblocker. 3. The fatal mistake, or was it really his lack of defensive skills, of Plumlee to run AWAY from the curving arc pattern of AD toward the side of the 3pt arc. Plumlee run straight smack into Lebron while leaving AD with a clear distance so much so that when Jokic saw AD undefended, Jokic had to run to bother AD but it was way too late. Plumlee was supposed to play shadow man to man with AD but for some reasons, left his man by smacking into a standing Lebron (who had another Nugget with him), and Plumlee just stopped at the body of Lebron and watched AD take that shot. It was not even a pick that was set by Lebron but that Plumlee created that Lebron pick in the process. And 4, the worst issue for Denver, the shot went in. A 3 from way out, when only a 2 would have won it. So nowadays, the 3 is the more high percentage shot than a 2. Basketball evolution. :D I also wonder, if Denver had a timeout left, no sure now. But if they did, should Malone have called a timeout, or could he given the ball belonged to the Lakers?

Thanks for this excellent analysis :cool:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks for this excellent analysis :cool:
My pleasure, Christoph. I'm just being an arm chair analyst. Hope I'm making more sense than Jalen Rose or Ramona or Kendrick. :D

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
My pleasure, Christoph. I'm just being an arm chair analyst. Hope I'm making more sense than Jalen Rose or Ramona or Kendrick. :D
Arm chair or not, to me your analysis is very precise, thorough and makes complete sense :cool:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I love watching Jokic make shots from the perimeter. The arc on them is so high that in order to block the shot before it becomes goal tending a defender has to be 10 feet tall

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

Arm chair or not, to me your analysis is very precise, thorough and makes complete sense :cool:
Phil and Jack are the best play by play analysts. This plus Philip can recount to you every meaningful game in the NBA, with scores, plays etc. Philip is the color commentator for WBF. and does a better job than Jalen, Kendrick or Ramona

Steve Williams

Anthony Davis hits 'Mamba shot' to create new Lakers moment
Davis: 'We'll celebrate it for a couple hours. The job is not over until we're able to win the ring.'
Sekou Smith
Sekou Smith NBA.com

https://www.nba.com/news

"That's a shot Kobe Bryant would hit. To me, AD coming off just flying to the wing like that, catch-and-shoot with the biggest game on the line of our season, nothing but net, it's a Mamba shot.”

-- LAKERS COACH FRANK VOGEL

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I am wondering why Boston-Miami gets 5 days off between game 3 and 4 whilst the Lakers continue too pay every other day
Steve, I was surprised at that long gap myself. No idea why the league set it that way. But as a C's fan, it is a welcome bit as Hayward's ankle will be some rest, since he said after the game his ankle is sore and he feels gassed. So the LAL/Denver game 3 happens 1 day before Game 4 of the Heat/Celtics.

Steve Williams

The other pleasant surprise for me in this series is the presence of Rondo. When he comes in to replace James, his speed,, agility and accuracy of his passes is terrific plus he is making threes with ease.

And then when Lakers bring in The White Mamba the pace increases . AC is becoming a terrific player. I hope he has a long career with the Lakers.Plus he is well liked by the fans

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
I am wondering why Boston-Miami gets 5 days off between game 3 and 4 whilst the Lakers continue too pay every other day

To NOT let the Nuggets get some rest after their two 7 games serieses and not interrupt the good run of the Lakers :rolleyes:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The other pleasant surprise for me in this series is the presence of Rondo. When he comes in to replace James, his speed,, agility and accuracy of his passes is terrific plus he is making threes with ease.

And then when Lakers bring in The White Mamba the pace increases . AC is becoming a terrific player. I hope he has a long career with the Lakers.Plus he is well liked by the fans
I'm actually fine with an ex-Celtic helping the Lakers as in the days of Rick Fox and Brian Shaw. But for an ex-Celtic to help LeBum??? No way I can take that, and now he looks like the bum too sans the beard. :D For after years of not being able to go past the Celtics of KG and PP with his Cavs, he had to bolt out and find better partners to help him win his first ring with the Heat. And now the irony is, a player of that past is helping him and is being like him. :eek:

Steve Williams

Regardless of the fact the Lakers won yesterday, they gave concern because after their 16 point lead, they started to get sloppy, didn't care as much and committed a bunch of turn overs such that the Nuggets not only got back into the game but for the last 2 seconds of the game held a one point lead and I truly thought the Nuggets had done it again and were going to win until AD drained the 3 at the buzzer.

They better not do that in the finals as they could easily get sloppy again and lose

Meanwhile I'm hoping the Celts even the series on Wed. If not then they are in the Nuggets side of a series but I'm not so sure the Celts could recover from being down 3-1. I hope it goes 7 games

Reactions: jadis and christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing