New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Reactions: christoph
what I don't get is his motive to go to the Knicks who have been bottom feeders for years.

I wonder if the Nets are in play with the addition of Kyrie

The next few days are destined to be very interesting

But wait.....it gets even more interesting.......

Report: Knicks expecting to meet with Leonard, Durant

Kevin Durant reportedly declined his option for 2019-20 with the Golden State Warriors earlier today. Last week, Toronto Raptors star Kawhi Leonard did likewise. That makes both players unrestricted free agents with calendars that are sure to fill up with free-agent meetings once the gates open at 6:01 p.m. on July 1.

Earlier today, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported the New York Knicks are expected to be among the teams pursuing Durant. The same has been said about the Knicks and Leonard, too. The Athletic's Frank Isola reported today that the Knicks are expecting to get meetings with both Durant and Leonard once free agency opens. Once that takes place, the Knicks are expected to then meet with second-tier free agents in Los Angeles.

Additionally, Ian Begley of SNY.tv reports the Knicks indeed have interest in Leonard and could be interested in pairing him with another big name on the market: Philadelphia 76ers guard Jimmy Butler. Per Begley, multiple teams have expressed interest in pairing Leonard and Butler together as well.

However, it is worth noting that the Raptors and Sixers can offer Leonard and Butler, respectively, contracts of greater value than any other team can.

Reactions: christoph and jadis
However, it is worth noting that the Raptors and Sixers can offer Leonard and Butler, respectively, contracts of greater value than any other team can.

this is also an interesting fact for the Sixers

what I don't get is his motive to go to the Knicks who have been bottom feeders for years.

I wonder if the Nets are in play with the addition of Kyrie

The next few days are destined to be very interesting

Well Steve, the go to Knicks rumor of Durant has been there for months, and everyone was boggled then why KD would want to play for a doormat of a team who has not won a title since 1973. The only reason I can think of is due to the large cap space of the Knicks they can assemble a super trio of sorts. But since I do not see the name of Pat Riley behind the Knicks, it is hard for me to see any success in that franchise.

This one should bring a smile to your face Phil.....

Report: Celtics surface as leader to sign Walker

With Kyrie Irving and Al Horford both threatening to bolt Boston this summer in free agency, big changes could be on the horizon for the Celtics.

Now it appears the Celtics may very well land a star free agent of their own.

According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, the Celtics have cropped up as the favorite to sign All-Star guard Kemba Walker.

Walker has been selected for the last three All-Star games and was named a starter this year for the first time. He averaged a career-high 25.6 points and 4.4 rebounds per game last season along with 5.9 assists while playing in all 82 games.

The eight-year NBA veteran initially said the Hornets, who can offer him a five-year “supermax” contract worth up to $221 million, would remain his first priority, but he said he’s “pretty sure” he will meet with other interested teams before making a decision on his future.

Well Steve, the go to Knicks rumor of Durant has been there for months, and everyone was boggled then why KD would want to play for a doormat of a team who has not won a title since 1973. The only reason I can think of is due to the large cap space of the Knicks they can assemble a super trio of sorts. But since I do not see the name of Pat Riley behind the Knicks, it is hard for me to see any success in that franchise.

Brooklyn is a neighbor of the Knicks

True. But as for Leonard, he has shown that he would reject the biggest money offer (from the Spurs last year) if he didn't like the organization. It seems signs are pointing to Toronto, but one can never be so sure. I also want him to end up with the Clippers.

But Phil, here is the big question.......

The Knicks or any team for that matter must be full of cash or full of hope to match the Warriors Super contract offer when they won't know for a year if he will ever be the KD we all know or merely a shadow of his former self

Case in point, look at Cousins when he finally played this year

The Knicks or any team for that matter must be full of cash or full of hope to match the Warriors Super contract offer when they won't know for a year if he will ever be the KD we all know or merely a shadow of his former self

The same could be true for Klay but ACL's although serious don't carry the potential impact that a torn achilles does

This one should bring a smile to your face Phil.....

Report: Celtics surface as leader to sign Walker

With Kyrie Irving and Al Horford both threatening to bolt Boston this summer in free agency, big changes could be on the horizon for the Celtics.

Now it appears the Celtics may very well land a star free agent of their own.

According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, the Celtics have cropped up as the favorite to sign All-Star guard Kemba Walker.

Walker has been selected for the last three All-Star games and was named a starter this year for the first time. He averaged a career-high 25.6 points and 4.4 rebounds per game last season along with 5.9 assists while playing in all 82 games.

The eight-year NBA veteran initially said the Hornets, who can offer him a five-year “supermax” contract worth up to $221 million, would remain his first priority, but he said he’s “pretty sure” he will meet with other interested teams before making a decision on his future.

Yes Steve, that is a breath of fresh air, FINALLY. Kemba so far has no strange issues and will be a good PG that the Celts badly need. Hope he comes.

Steve, I think the first thing on top of the free agency of KD is WHERE he really wanted to be. If he REALLY want to stay in GS and said so, then that is the end game. But it seems KD is toying with staying or playing elsewhere, and that place is where is heart wants to be, be it NY or Brooklyn (as per rumors persisting). And if KD, for example, told Meyers he really wants to be in NYK, then Meyers has no choice but to arrange a possible sign and trade deal with NY , just to get something in return, and to fulfill the wish of KD. Probably by that time, NY would be so thrilled at the idea they'd be willing to pay and gamble (ala Raptors on Kawhi). At least there will be some semblance of light at the end of NY's tunnel, imo,

To me the big unknowns with all of the rumors are KD and Kawhi. Now I could grow to love a team that had the two of them and if it is the Knicks that gets the "2" of them this should make Spike Lee and Knicks fans very happy

Jorge Sedano, ESPN: I think Leonard will set the tone for free agency. I'm curious to see how many meetings he sets up, particularly if he'll listen to a Lakers pitch and consider joining forces with LeBron James and Anthony Davis. That could be the best trio of players to ever form a superteam.

And here is a free agent that no one is talking about including the Lakers

What about little brother Seth Curry who impressed me with his shooting abilities. Still not Steph but a playmaker and a good PG nonetheless

Is there any thought of a new triumvirate in Brooklyn with Kyrie, KD and Leonard. Man would that change the entire complexion of the league overnight
That will be The Avengers Endgame Part 2. :D

Jorge Sedano, ESPN: I think Leonard will set the tone for free agency. I'm curious to see how many meetings he sets up, particularly if he'll listen to a Lakers pitch and consider joining forces with LeBron James and Anthony Davis. That could be the best trio of players to ever form a superteam.

I hope not. James can ruin Davis, but don't do that to Leonard. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing