New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Shocked again last night to see the Nets as they continue to be in the mix and easily defeat the Celtics. And to think the Lakers traded D'Angelo Russell to make room for Ball. Russell is an all star now and Ball faded in the end with his ankle injury and has yet to demonstrate any flashes of greatness

Reactions: jadis
Well first good thing to come to the Lakers. They shut down LeBron and with a makeshift team they route the Pelicans

130-102

Perhaps the Lakers win more without LeBron just as the Celts win more without Kyrie.

Warriors win the West as Denver lost to the Mavs

The Thunder seem to be in free fall and remain in 8th so an interesting series perhaps between Warriors and the Thunder

So far in the west it appears it will come down to Rockets and Warriors. The question will be whether Harden has anything left in his tanks to make the Rockets prevail. Even though I think so my sense is there is something still missing from the Warriors this year as they seem to lose games they should be winning and the Warriors have home court advantage. Rockets can certainly win 1 i Oakland but can they win 3 in Houston That will be the series to watch

never a dull moment for the guy...from running an nba team (which was not planned) to running a team of a country...if he demeanor was like tim duncan, you would have gotten a lot more respect.

I won't deny that he still has moments of greatness but last night the team scored 130 points without him.

If he is in the game the ball goes through him and hence his high scoring-no other player gets to take the shot

Reactions: WLVCA and jadis
I won't deny that he still has moments of greatness but last night the team scored 130 points without him.

If he is in the game the ball goes through him and hence his high scoring-no other player gets to take the shot

Looks like the rest of the Lakers were quite happy to play without LeBron as they put up 130 points against the Pelicans.

Bill Plaschke wrote a blistering critique of LeBron last Saturday in the LA Times.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lebron-james-done-20190330-story.html

Reactions: Steve Williams
A big 'what if', is that what if LeBron stayed in Cleveland with an intact lineup as last year plus their rookie Sexton, would they be in the finals again? For sure they will not be eliminated as he is now with the Lakers.

Reactions: WLVCA
Looks like the rest of the Lakers were quite happy to play without LeBron as they put up 130 points against the Pelicans.

Bill Plaschke wrote a blistering critique of LeBron last Saturday in the LA Times.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lebron-james-done-20190330-story.html

That was a terrific read. It basically said what I have been saying all year. The guy can't play defense, he's terrible from the free throw line and he is a poor teammate who brings nothing but disruption to any team on which he plays.

Magic, Pelinka and Jeannie made a horrible decision and need to have the brass cajones and extricate themselves from The King and trade him. Only problem is the reality will show that they will get little in return for him, Luke will be fired and the core of the team will be traded to appease this maven whose only interest is the preservation of his legacy

Reactions: jadis and WLVCA
I was just looking at the NBA standings by conference this morning. Previously the West has dominated the NBA and the East was the poor stepchild.

Not so this year. The Bucks, Raptors, 76ers, Celtics and Pacers are all good teams and compare favorably with the top 5 in the West - Warriors, Nuggets, Rockets, Trail Blazers and Jazz.

Don't know if the Warriors can be unseated but it definitely won't be a cake walk for them.

Regarding talent, a good case could be made that there is more good young talent in the East than the West - Giannis, Embiid, Simmons, Sabonis, D’Angelo Russell, Tatum.

Not that there isn't good young talent in the West - Jokic, Towns, Doncic, Booker, Donovan Mitchell are all outstanding.

The good news is that it looks like a better balance is developing between the two conferences.

4 games left in the regular season. Can't wait to see the playoffs begin.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing