New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Brunson's basketball IQ, footwork, and sheer will are a wonder to behold - we are all witness to one of the not-anointed ones forcing his way into the conversation. Looking forward to Knicks vs. Wolves, next year if not this...
I also believe that in the WC the Wolves have gotten better over the past 3 years after the big trade. I have always felt the Denver-Wolves series will be the best in the playoffs. this year.

New York is also here to stay (finally). Sad that they don't have a complete roster as I love how Randle plays. So many former Lakers who have been dumped by management as their person has alway been to win it all every year. No such thing as rebuilding but to trade their young assets as they aren't yet ready for prime time. Watching Josh Hart work his magic is another as is Brandon Ingram for the Pels and the white Mamba for the bulls to name only a few. Sometimes patience is indeed a virtue as IMO the Bucks kicked themselves in the ass when they fired their coach who was 34-12 at the time to bt=ring in my least favorite coach in the league. What a blunder. If they keep him next year........:rolleyes:. It brings back memories of the great coaches who had lengthy tenures such as Red Auerbach, Pop and Jerry Sloan to name but a few. Perk was right (he sometimes is ) when he said that these young kids are divas and that the present-day league is a different thing. Im old enough to remember the glory days when Auerbach always lit up a cigar hat courtside when the "game was in the refrigerator as Chick Hearn used to say.

Yet inspire of all of this the league is now filled with young budding stars with Brunson,, Maxey and SGA at the top of the heap IMO

I said yesterday this will be the 5th coach in 8 years for the Lakers and if we go back to Luke Walton it will be the 6th in 10 years.

Reactions: jadis
I thoughts Perks comments were even better at the 8:00 minute mark after they thankfully said Lue is unavailable until next year at the earliest but then went on to say "maybe LeBron should be the coach":eek:
Yes indeed.

I said yesterday this will be the 5th coach in 8 years for the Lakers and if we go back to Luke Walton it will be the 6th in 10 years.

Right Steve. That was the instance when Rich Paul approached Adam Silver to complain about Luke as not being lied right coach for the Lakers and Lebron. Talk about divas. :D

Looking forward to the twin rocks of Minnesota trying to control Joker. And Edwards - Murray matchup will be a thrilling one. Murray's flexing his muscles after a dunk over LeBron should be bestselling poster in Denver. He's achieved instant greatness with that move. :D

I can't see Denver losing to anyone but IMO the Wolves are the only team in either conference (Knicks next year) who I feel can play shoulder to shoulder with Denver. Starts tonight

Reactions: christoph and jadis
I can't see Denver losing to anyone but IMO the Wolves are the only team in either conference (Knicks next year) who I feel can play shoulder to shoulder with Denver. Starts tonight
I think it’s going to cone down to Knicks and Celtics in EC. Two totally different types of team play. I have to admit however that Orlando remains my shot in the dark.

Reactions: christoph
This for me would be the straw that breaks the camel's back, ....Le Bron in his final year, looking for a new coach in this never ending 2 year cycle and now the concern that Lakers will draft Bronny to appease the King in his final year. Is he even a good player? I have seen replays that were uninspiring. This plus the very serious cardiac problem he had several months ago

NBA announces 78 players invited to participate at 2024 NBA Draft Combine

The combine will take place from May 12-19 at Wintrust Arena and the Marriott Marquis in Chicago.

Reactions: christoph
What a fast start for the Wolves. Game on

18-4 Wolves and Edwards has 13 points
But Denver, being the team they are go on an 11-0 run

Wolves lead 18-15

Exciting game. Pace is so quick

Simply amazing. Nothing ever rattles the Nuggets. They just play their game and go on a 20 -5 run to close out the 1st period
and lead the Wolves

25-23 o_O

Reggie Jackson comes off the bench and ignites the Nuggets

I thought the Wolves were going to blow them out of the water but Nuggets play as if the score is irrelevant . They were down 14 and finish the period up 2

what an exciting first half

Murray held scoreless

44-40 Denver

Denver is a team that is so well put together that when one guy is held scoreless they bring in the bench and they do their job

No one can guard Jokic

it is good to see Chris Finch courtside 3 days after surgery to repair a ruptured patellar tendon

60-57 Denver halfway through the third

End to end excitement . Both these teams are in it to win it

To digress, here is finally a sportscaster other than Kendrick Perkins to draw a line in the sand. The quicker the Lakers rid themselves of James there will be stability with the team. I was happy to read this. Kudos to Michael Wilbon who has always been the most level headed sportscaster on ESPN IMO

ESPN host slams LeBron James after Lakers fire head coach: 'Take accountability'

Great game indeed. Very fast pace.

Reactions: Steve Williams
On a sidenote, Reggie and Mr Cardiac announcer Kevin Harlan are covering the Nuggets Wolves series, so it means Reggie will not be at the Pacers Knicks games. :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Wolves has 3 bigs to try to wear down Joker. The third is a man mountain Reid.

Naz Reid and Gobert come alive in the 4th for one of the best finishes I have ever seen and that aint hyperbole as Edwards scores 43 and as you said Phil it took 3 bigs to smother Jokic who scored 27 yet somehow was not a factor as the Wolves wore him down

As predicted this is going to be the best series of the entire playoffs as the Wolves have finally arrived and steal home court in the first game. Nuggets played as great as ever but in the end Wolves played the best DEE against the Nuggets that I have seen this year.

Final Wolves 106-99

Reactions: christoph and jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing