Network Acoustics - Tempus network switch

Hi Ken,

very interesting to hear - and it’s the same as I experienced the Tempus. My review is ready in a few days.
Can you post a link to your Qobuz playlist?
I can't seem to figure out how to do that! Please inform me and I will! Ken

In Qobuz app you just create a playlist with your songs and then in the playlist there are too right corner three dots, tap on them to „share“ the playlist and you will get the link.

Curious to know how it sounds compared to the Innuos PhoenixNET, if anyone can do this comparison in future.
I have read that a switch installed upstream in a network (before the Acoustics Muon Pro) needs to have data capacity beyond 100MB. If I recall correctly, someone from Network Acoustics advised an owner of a Innuos PhoenixNet switch to pass on a purchase of a Muon Pro. Apparently the Innuos restricting data output below 100MB creates a some type bottleneck for the Muon Pro. I’m surprised you successfully combined his Muon Pro with your PhoenixNet. I also have a PhoenixNet and I am interested in the Muon Pro. I’m a bit confused here. Can anyone clarify the requirements for a switch used with the Muon Pro?

Reactions: luca.pelliccioli
have read that a switch installed upstream in a network (before the Acoustics Muon Pro) needs to have data capacity beyond 100MB. If I recall correctly, someone from Network Acoustics advised an owner of a Innuos PhoenixNet switch to pass on a purchase of a Muon Pro. Apparently the Innuos restricting data output below 100MB creates a some type bottleneck for the Muon Pro. I’m surprised you successfully combined his Muon Pro with your PhoenixNet. I also have a PhoenixNet and I am interested in the Muon Pro. I’m a bit confused here. Can anyone clarify the requirements for a switch used with the Muon Pro?
Hi, I can not answer those questions exactly, but have some anecdotal info.
First, prior to the Muon Pro I had the Eno filter. It sounded good, but when running it into my Auralic G2 streamer, the Eno at 100MPS was a bottleneck. Rich said at NA that was why he developed the Muon, to have 1G speed. I upgraded to the Muon and had no issues going forward.
Second, I did place a switch (M12 Gold) if front of the Tempus with good results. The M12 is 1G speed.
Just seems to me to have everything up to 1G speed if possible.

Reactions: jasond
I have read that a switch installed upstream in a network (before the Acoustics Muon Pro) needs to have data capacity beyond 100MB. If I recall correctly, someone from Network Acoustics advised an owner of a Innuos PhoenixNet switch to pass on a purchase of a Muon Pro. Apparently the Innuos restricting data output below 100MB creates a some type bottleneck for the Muon Pro. I’m surprised you successfully combined his Muon Pro with your PhoenixNet. I also have a PhoenixNet and I am interested in the Muon Pro. I’m a bit confused here. Can anyone clarify the requirements for a switch used with the Muon Pro?
Rob (NA) explained to me that the Muon Pro can be used with the PhoenixNET without any problem, and I tried it successfully. It works very well in my system, period! After a few set up experiments, I’m liking the Muon Pro between the router and the PNET, that surprised me because NA recommends to use it between the switch and server/streamer (where IME it sounds nice, too).
He also said that it can work even better using Gigabit switches, it’s not a question of speed but it’s due to a larger bandwidth and wire geometry that can offer more noise reduction.

My advice? Email Rob, he’s very kind and responsive, please feel free to say him that I asked you to contact him.

Hi Tempus guys
Did anyone have the chance to compare the tempus with the nordost qnet switch ?
I'm currently with Ediscreation but looking to upgrade.
Thanks in advance

Hi Tempus guys
Did anyone have the chance to compare the tempus with the nordost qnet switch ?
I'm currently with Ediscreation but looking to upgrade.
Thanks in advance
I don’t know unfortunately the Nordost qnet. Just 2 things I‘d recommend to consider: the qnet is not the very latest development in a segment that is very much driven by new experience & findings.
The other: the overall switch performance is massively dependent on the power supply. The better the „match“ is the better the performance. Tempus has developed their power supply to the specific needs of the switch, which is key to its outstanding performance.

So far I am very impressed with the Tempus

I don’t know unfortunately the Nordost qnet. Just 2 things I‘d recommend to consider: the qnet is not the very latest development in a segment that is very much driven by new experience & findings.
The other: the overall switch performance is massively dependent on the power supply. The better the „match“ is the better the performance. Tempus has developed their power supply to the specific needs of the switch, which is key to its outstanding performance.

So far I am very impressed with the Tempus
Does the Tempus have fuse access below the IEC plug input?

To those who did a fuse upgrade: what fuse (specs/type) did you use in the Tempus power supply?

Last edited:
Rob (NA) explained to me that the Muon Pro can be used with the PhoenixNET without any problem, and I tried it successfully. It works very well in my system, period! After a few set up experiments, I’m liking the Muon Pro between the router and the PNET, that surprised me because NA recommends to use it between the switch and server/streamer (where IME it sounds nice, too).
He also said that it can work even better using Gigabit switches, it’s not a question of speed but it’s due to a larger bandwidth and wire geometry that can offer more noise reduction.

My advice? Email Rob, he’s very kind and responsive, please feel free to say him that I asked you to contact him.
To my ears, some switches move the listener closer to the stage so to speak. Does the Muon Pro + PhoenixNET create that change in perspective?

I would also ask Tempus users the same question. Thanks.

@jasond,

If I recall, I changed the fuse to a slow blow (T type), 2 amp. SR Purple.
To be frank i just had a spare one and seemed semi-reasonable value to use. As my previous switch was consuming around 1 - 1.2 amps when connected to a 12 volt supply.
Now 2 amp is probably a bit overrated if i’m being totally frank.

I was thinking Swiss Digital Fuse Box for fuse replacement.
That would be the route to go. Not sure if it would really be as beneficial as it has been with my amplifiers and sources.

do you use both the Tempus and the Muon Pro? Have you tried other switches?

That review was indeed helpful.
Yes I use both, Tempus and Muon Pro streaming system. As mentioned in the review every step, improvement is replicable - solely Tempus, adding Muon Pro filter and then also streaming system.
I have compared it to a number of switches and also fiber solutions but it provided the best overall performance.

Reactions: PYP
Yes I use both, Tempus and Muon Pro streaming system. As mentioned in the review every step, improvement is replicable - solely Tempus, adding Muon Pro filter and then also streaming system.
I have compared it to a number of switches and also fiber solutions but it provided the best overall performance.

There is a great review of the Tempus here: https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/re...views-digital-cable/network-acoustics-tempus/

I can just confirm these findings and I am highly satisfied with the switch.
Jasond, I’ve ordered a Tempus, Muon Pro Streaming kit plus an extra Muon Ethernet cable, as an upgrade (I hope) to my PhoenixNet and Audioquest Diamond Ethernet cables. As you mentioned having experience with other switches, are you able to comment on any differences between the PhoenixNET and the Tempus/Muon Pro kit? I’m hoping it will be a touch less dark, add more dimension, air, upper frequency detail and improve timing and flow, all of the qualities Christiaan references in his review you linked, but not sure if I should expect improvements in these areas coming from a PhoenixNET…. I’m feeding my Zenith Mk3 / PhoenixUSB / Tambaqui.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing