Network Acoustics - Tempus network switch

jasond

Aug 18, 2022
Speaker lifters provide a benefit, as does your device used especially for the main wall-plug, most of the time feeding a power conditioner etc.
So happy experimenting and glad to see you are enjoying the Tempus.

Republicoftexas69

I have 8 of them. I got them at a great deal. I only put one thus far on the tempus for the sole sake of lifting the power cord as I hate that sag. I did not notice much of a difference but will experiment further by raising the speaker cables and etc when time comes. Been busy but the mentality I had going into it was even if it did ziltch, it satisfied my ocd of being tidy without breaking the bank.

With that said the overwhelming amount of peers who mentioned it does do something made that decision much easier to get them alongside the above written out reasons.

Lastly these are the final items being added to my system as the "cherry on top". For what it's worth the build quality is absolutely amazing. I got inspired to look into em after getting their outlet when installing a dedicated line recently.

Furutech NCF Signal Boosters are what they are called, I got them at Cable Co via Steve. He should be able to help you and if it does nothing for you, return them. I intend to keep mine regardless as I have OCD desires to keep tidy and I love their build quality.

-Frank
I have one deployed in my system and it I cannot tell a difference. I like that it supports the PC going into my X200 so it is a expensive support. I found the Akiko Tuning sticks to be effective attaching them to the power cables feeding my power distributors and conditioner. Can buy these things on Aliexpress for a lot less!

Attachments

• Support.jpg
    Support.jpg
    874.7 KB · Views: 30

F208Frank

Mar 27, 2020
New York

jasond

Aug 18, 2022
For some reason out of ALL the audio tweaks, fuses were always something I refused to look at or be open minded about. Unsure why but it is what it is.
Well for sure this is not an area very obvious for many, but offers a nice potential. There is a video and audio files to download at the end of page https://www.synergisticresearch.com/fuses/master-fuse/ for comparison (and this is just between these two). Many dealers lend you some or you have 30 day money back anyway too.

Reactions: kennyb123

MacF

Jun 12, 2022
Baltimore
Hi Luca, The tempus PSU is not compatible with most Routers. This will be a Router specific power supply based around the same technology we developed for the tempus PSU, but tailored to the specific needs of a Router. It will be rated 12v/3a. We will share more information very soon. :) NA
NA, If possible, please research the size of DC barrel/plug for Verizon FIOS G3100 router. It’s slightly off from the standard sizes. Very frustrating! Fios is a very robust Fiber system & I’m sure the G3100 could benefit from a dedicated LPS. Perhaps someone has located the proper size DC plug without crimping barrel as someone else suggested?

Vangelis

Oct 11, 2011
I've ordered the Tempus. I'm lost about how to install it when the Tempus and Power supply combined width is 20". My equipment shelves are 18” wide. And the umbilical power supply cable is too short to allow to separate to a higher or side by shelf. Usually, power supplies shouldn't be stacked on top of what their powering. Best sound generally best sound is realized by setting apart. Anyone tired comparing stacked vs side by side placement?

luca.pelliccioli

Aug 20, 2022
I've ordered the Tempus. I'm lost about how to install it when the Tempus and Power supply combined width is 20". My equipment shelves are 18” wide. And the umbilical power supply cable is too short to allow to separate to a higher or side by shelf. Usually, power supplies shouldn't be stacked on top of what their powering. Best sound generally best sound is realized by setting apart. Anyone tired comparing stacked vs side by side placement?
How long is the DC wire? I agree with you, I’d prefer having the units well separated. As soon as you find a way to place it in your rack, I’d be very curious to know your thoughts about it compared to the PhoenixNET. TIA

Last edited:

Vangelis

Oct 11, 2011
Initially, I looked at photo on the order page and the umbilical looked really short, then I re-reviewed the specs and found it's a 1m long, so I will be able to separate them onto individual shelves.

F208Frank

Mar 27, 2020
New York
Initially, I looked at photo on the order page and the umbilical looked really short, then I re-reviewed the specs and found it's a 1m long, so I will be able to separate them onto individual shelves.
Rob one of the co owners told me before it is more than OK to stack em. Just fyi.

Vangelis

Oct 11, 2011
Rob one of the co owners told me before it is more than OK to stack em. Just fyi.
Good to know, thank you. I ordered the Tempus Friday. The NA web site showed it had a month back order, so was surprised to see Fed Ex show up at my door this morning with my Tempus.

jasond

Aug 18, 2022
Yes service
Good to know, thank you. I ordered the Tempus Friday. The NA web site showed it had a month back order, so was surprised to see Fed Ex show up at my door this morning with my Tempus.
Yes service / support is always great from NA. Very much looking forward to your listening feedback.

danfl75

Apr 24, 2024
Gainesville, FL
Hi all, this thread got me to join here, thank you! I'm tempted by the April Synergistics Research Switch special, the reviews are great, but I've seen some comments in forums that it's not the best. For anyone that has compared the SR to other top switches, especially Tempus or Dejitter It SwitchX, would you please provide a little more info on what was different (EQ, dynamics, clarity, imaging, etc), and tell us which power cable and fuse was in use. I suspect that a Master fuse would be best for switches for the same reason that many are now thinking that SWPS are better, better transients. And tell us how long it burned in and which AC cables you used with the other switches.
--I almost forgot to ask @fast.freight since I think he's had both the Tempus and SwitchX. I'm also interested in hearing more detail about the sound differences between those switches.

I think I'd prefer the Tempus (newer design focused on timing, SFPs, purpose built HW, and hybrid PS), but have to be sure it doesn't make the sound too lean. The addition of an SR Active Ground Block SX w/ Euphoria SX AC cable has helped me get the bass back in my all digital, all SS system (details on Agon under user Nagel). I'll post about that on agon as soon as I get the Puritan Ground Master connected in parallel to restore the treble.

I think Dejitter It and SR are proposing a similar topology: use a router (SwitchX is not a modem!, SwitchX and SR Router use Router OS) to block unneeded broadcast traffic from your audio devices. SR goes a step further saying that removing that traffic from the switch fabric, closest to your devices, also helps. Did anyone compare the SwitchX as just a switch first, without the clean side/dirty side config? I'm trying to separate out that effect from the audio quality of the switch itself.

I'm eagerly awaiting more Tempus reviews since I have to decide on SR by middle of next week. The best system might be a Tempus fed from an SR Router or SwitchX.

Last edited:

Vangelis

Oct 11, 2011
I cannot address all your questions, but I had my new Tempus burning for a day. I owned SR with a Purple fuse and still have my PhoenixNet. It takes me a while to make the listening/ mental adjustment to a new piece injected into my system, so I don't have a clear idea of the sonic character between the Innuos and the Tempus just yet. My first impressions are good.

The SR replaced a EtherRegen Gen1 and it was a huge leap up in every category. I had read great reviews on the PhoenixNet so I purchased it and spent over a month comparing the two once the Innuos was fully broken in.

The SR is great sounding switch especially with a Shakti stone on top (a must have for every streamer). Of the three switches the Shakti stone brought the largest improvement to the SR. The SR had a better dynamic contrasts, what I call the jump factor, but the Innuos had far better harmonic information and significantly better density within the soundstage and a move obvious refinement. Overall given the trade offs, I sold the SR.

The Tempus hopefully will reinject the jump factor and keep the refinement of the PhoenixNet. Over next month, once the Tempus is fully run in, I’ll make some the comparisons between the two switches and post my thoughts.

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
Sigh. I'm still hoping the EtherRegen Gen 2 shows up soon. :confused:

Reactions: barbz127

luca.pelliccioli

Aug 20, 2022
I cannot address all your questions, but I had my new Tempus burning for a day. I owned SR with a Purple fuse and still have my PhoenixNet. It takes me a while to make the listening/ mental adjustment to a new piece injected into my system, so I don't have a clear idea of the sonic character between the Innuos and the Tempus just yet. My first impressions are good.

The SR replaced a EtherRegen Gen1 and it was a huge leap up in every category. I had read great reviews on the PhoenixNet so I purchased it and spent over a month comparing the two once the Innuos was fully broken in.

The SR is great sounding switch especially with a Shakti stone on top (a must have for every streamer). Of the three switches the Shakti stone brought the largest improvement to the SR. The SR had a better dynamic contrasts, what I call the jump factor, but the Innuos had far better harmonic information and significantly better density within the soundstage and a move obvious refinement. Overall given the trade offs, I sold the SR.

The Tempus hopefully will reinject the jump factor and keep the refinement of the PhoenixNet. Over next month, once the Tempus is fully run in, I’ll make some the comparisons between the two switches and post my thoughts.
You have my attention. I may evaluate a Tempus upgrade over the PhoenixNET. Take your time and keep us informed.

Reactions: PYP

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing