Network Acoustics Muon Pro Review

luca.pelliccioli

Aug 20, 2022
I made some comments about Roger Waters who by general consent is a racist fascist f*** and I fell out with Elk, so I told him to cancel me from the PS Audio forum
Sad to hear that from you, a few members asked about you noticing the absence, but I’m glad you are well! Wow, didn’t know about that dark side of Roger Waters, listening to music in English for a non English guy like me often makes difficult getting the right meaning of lyrics!

Let us know your thoughts about the Muon. I’m confident you’ll like it. Needless to suggest you about Ethernet cables to use, I perfectly remember your position on this argument! Let me just say, try the Muon in different configurations (downstream upstream in one and other direction) and let it 2 weeks before any critical listening.

As for Puritan I totally agree with you, I bought a second unit to feed amplification on the front wall and a second GM City. The second PSM 156 has just arrived, need more time before judging. To be honest the first City made a very subtle difference in my system. The second one is still on the way. Time will tell.

Enjoy your trip to Japan (I always had Luxman in my wishlist, maybe one day…)

Reactions: ssfas

ssfas

Sep 13, 2023
Narnia
Roger Waters has been at it for years. He had a big fight with Thom Yorke of Radiohead about them playing in Tel Aviv. Thankfully they did the gig. My wife and elder son went over for it and my wife, who didn't know any Radiohead music, said it was absolutely amazing.

I will be getting a few more Puritan grounding parts when I can think about it.

The wife has organised the Japan trip, I'm going along for the ride, maybe I should just try and sneak in a little vinyl shopping.

Sunra

Jul 16, 2018
Steven, wishing you well, as I too enjoy my Luxman 509X. Just added Wilson AudioSabrinaX to my analog system, driven by cj premier 11a.

Republicoftexas69

I made some comments about Roger Waters who by general consent is a racist fascist f*** and I fell out with Elk, so I told him to cancel me from the PS Audio forum. A week or two later his label BMG got fed up with it all and dropped him. It must have been serious internally to drop Roger Waters. The head of licensing at BMG is a golfing pal and when I next see him (Saturday most likely) I shall thank him.

I will try the Muon. Richard has a loan unit. For personal reasons I cannot do it now.

Personally, I think the Puritan is a game-changing disruptive brand, because it just works really well and is done on a minimum cost base that makes lots of other smaller companies like Shunyata look a bit stupid.

There are some very high value brands mostly because of their production scale and lower costs. I bought the Luxman L-509X that compares favourably with products from the likes of Gryphon and Soulution that cost 2 or 3 times as much. I paid £7k for a new unit, reduced from £9k, whilst the Gryphon 120 is £15k once the phono module is added. The new L-509Z is £11k. It's a lot cheaper in Japan.

I'm off to Japan on holiday in May, I don't think the wife will appreciate me putting a new Luxman in the hand luggage (especially as we are coming back via Shanghai). Maybe I can squeeze in a new cartridge. I joined this forum as I have a Garrard build in the works and there is a relevant thread. I should have the parts soon (there are 6 different suppliers involved) and get it together in a month or so.
I completely agree with your feeling about Waters being a Racist, Fascist Puck!
No back to our regular programing.

Reactions: ssfas

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Let's please keep the thread topic on course and not sway into thoughts on a particular musician's beliefs. It has not one thing to do with the Muon Pro at all.

Thanks, gentlemen.

Tom

Reactions: Pokey77 and keithc

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
@MacF, I would love to offer you my insights but optical is not my thing. The Muon Pro does work (similarly...in other words, it does the same thing) the same way and offers the same observations on a friend of mine's system who runs with a pair of Focal Utopia's/Mark Levinson type gear. FWIW.

In other words. the results of what this Muon does is repeatable. Unless you have a remarkable front end? It will make a huge difference in the presentation and cleanliness in what you hear. Please note....I did not find it "listenable" for the first week IME. Evaluate after break in. Then decide. They do come with a 30 day return policy, so that is plenty of time to decide.

Tom

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
@MacF, I would love to offer you my insights but optical is not my thing. The Muon Pro does work (similarly...in other words, it does the same thing) the same way and offers the same observations on a friend of mine's system who runs with a pair of Focal Utopia's/Mark Levinson type gear. FWIW.

In other words. the results of what this Muon does is repeatable. Unless you have a remarkable front end? It will make a huge difference in the presentation and cleanliness in what you hear. Please note....I did not find it "listenable" for the first week IME. Evaluate after break in. Then decide. They do come with a 30 day return policy, so that is plenty of time to decide.

Tom
In my setup, 200 hours were needed to settle in fully. YMMV. Very easy to install (passive device without need for power).

Previously, I had a copper ethernet > fiber > copper ethernet combo which had more of an impact on the listener's perspective (moving closer to the stage). One advantage of the Muon Pro is that it doesn't do that. All active ethernet cleaners I tried had more of a "voice" than the passive MP. I prefer not to voice my setup with such devices.

Network Acoustics

Industry Expert
Mar 25, 2022
UK
www.networkacoustics.com
Reactions: jasond

TRHH

Nov 14, 2022
Hi Torben, thank for your post but just to clarify there are no chokes or transformers used in the design for the MUON Pro Ethernet Filter. :) NA

Your is based on ferrite toroid - so it is the same as above.

There is also no transformers in the above solution.

Torben

jasond

Aug 18, 2022
Well you should try a more recent generation. The ENO was the very first approach, in the meantime there is ENO2 which is much advanced or at a different level the Muon Pro.
Maybe one or your friends can share one of those for testing.

TRHH

Nov 14, 2022
Well you should try a more recent generation. The ENO was the very first approach, in the meantime there is ENO2 which is much advanced or at a different level the Muon Pro.
Maybe one or your friends can share one of those for testing.

If you ship one to Hamburg (Germany) I will gladly test it. In the mean time we will improve the setup with Nanocrystal core material

Effective band range of Nanocrystal core material.jpg

Torben

Last edited:

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
If you ship one to Hamburg (Germany) I will gladly test it. In the mean time we will improve the setup with Nanocrystal core material

View attachment 125732

Torben
interesting. Is this something you are developing for yourself and sharing with others who prefer DIY? Or will you manufacture and market a product?

TRHH

Nov 14, 2022
interesting. Is this something you are developing for yourself and sharing with others who prefer DIY? Or will you manufacture and market a product?

We are a small group of people how use it - maybe more and more, we don't know - and are working on improving it. No we will not manufacture it - it is open source :)

Torben

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing