Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Looks great Luther! I'm currently using a step up transformer with my phono pre, due to the new cartridge. What's the gain of this new piece you just finished?

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Looks great Luther! I'm currently using a step up transformer with my phono pre, due to the new cartridge. What's the gain of this new piece you just finished?

It is about 42dB of gain from three gain stages 12AT7 - 12AX7 - 12AT7 with zero feedback.

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
Passive series RIAA EQ circuit, then? Zero AC feedback (no explicit feedback other than intrinsic degeneration, but DC feedback (just cathode R's) to stabilize the bias point? Anything special in the circuit (would you be willing to share the schematic)? No plans to build anything like this, maybe when (if) I retire, just curious. Or maybe just jealous, looks like a nice project!

Have you ever piddled with a MC stage? I did, ages ago, but never quite got a tube version I really liked. I tried nuvistors, several different triodes, a pentode or two, parallel triodes, etc.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing