My modest little set up.

Vicov

Apr 25, 2019
Stripped down two box system. Melco N1A/2 + Vitus Audio RI100/DAC + Avalon Idea. Speaker cable is Tellurium Q Ultra Black, USB cable is Tellurium Q Silver Diamond. Equipment sits on Stillpoints Ultra SS.
E0106677-A61E-46F4-AF4E-E6CE45F1BA63.jpeg

Last edited:

Vicov

Apr 25, 2019
Absolutely no idea why a double image appears in my post above. Sorry.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Absolutely no idea why a double image appears in my post above. Sorry.

Try posting the photo again. I know what you did wrong. I tried to delete the double entry but it took out the original photo as well

Click on the image you want only once

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Hi Vikov and welcome to this nice forum.
Please describe us the sound you are getting with your nice system

Vicov

Apr 25, 2019
Hi Vikov and welcome to this nice forum.
Please describe us the sound you are getting with your nice system

Difficult to describe in a couple of sentences & without resorting to cliches but I’ll have a try.
The Melco as you are probably aware is both a music library & server. I have CDs ripped to wav files, High Res 24 bit FLAC downloads & Qobuz HiRes as my source. The Vitus RI100 is the “entry level” amp but I love what it does. The music just flows with no emphasis on any part of the sound spectrum & in my view is true to the recording.
The Avalons are a great match for the Vitus & again whilst “entry level” have no real shortcomings that compromise the system as a whole.
Cheers
Vic

Reactions: Vienna

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing