Must have Mono Reissues

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Bought a Miyajima Zero a couple of years ago, didn’t like how it sounded & hardly listened to it ( maybe not even run in ) until I demoed it with a Miyajima Mono step up transformer . Wow, mono is fun. Decided to upgrade to Miyajima Infinity 0.7mil . Pretty difficulty to find mono vinyl from the 50s in good condition & good ones are pretty expensive . So I thought I should buy some reissues to test it out on Infinity. Any recommendation is welcome . TQ

guf

Dec 9, 2017
San Francisco
honestly..all of them. just got the same cart last week. I have been scouring the internet searching mono getting everyone available. Theres not a lot. I'm in California, I have enjoyed all of the jazz and surprisingly not the Rock and Roll as much ...the Beatles, and Hendrix, Doors ( this is an original ) I'm glad I have them but not as mind blowing as the Jazz. I have a Zero 1.0 that I also got last week and and I have been impressed with 10-15$ older used records. Jazz again. Good luck! I can't believe more people are not into mono. I question even why the industry moved away from it. Maybe I'm just on a pink cloud that will pass but for now its the best thing ever.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
I have zero 1mil.. Generally , I prefer Infinity . Have been listening to mono the past 1 month . Didn’t really miss my Top Wing Red Sparrow

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
honestly..all of them. just got the same cart last week. I have been scouring the internet searching mono getting everyone available. Theres not a lot. I'm in California, I have enjoyed all of the jazz and surprisingly not the Rock and Roll as much ...the Beatles, and Hendrix, Doors ( this is an original ) I'm glad I have them but not as mind blowing as the Jazz. I have a Zero 1.0 that I also got last week and and I have been impressed with 10-15$ older used records. Jazz again. Good luck! I can't believe more people are not into mono. I question even why the industry moved away from it. Maybe I'm just on a pink cloud that will pass but for now its the best thing ever.
This is so good . Buy it

Attachments

• 795DDC4B-B8DC-4DF6-B184-1281D4E5C156.jpeg
    795DDC4B-B8DC-4DF6-B184-1281D4E5C156.jpeg
    664.8 KB · Views: 10

perart1

Mar 17, 2012
Cheltenham
Bought a Miyajima Zero a couple of years ago, didn’t like how it sounded & hardly listened to it ( maybe not even run in ) until I demoed it with a Miyajima Mono step up transformer . Wow, mono is fun. Decided to upgrade to Miyajima Infinity 0.7mil . Pretty difficulty to find mono vinyl from the 50s in good condition & good ones are pretty expensive . So I thought I should buy some reissues to test it out on Infinity. Any recommendation is welcome . TQ
Any classical reissues people would recommend?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing