Munich HighEnd 2024

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
There is a new video about the upcoming Kronos Perpetual turntable plus Discovery Phonostage, having its premiere at HE togethey with Vivid.

Very interesting…always find rooms with a Kronos to sound good at shows.

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
My tickets are bought and my flight booked.
It's a pity they don't do Fridays anymore, it's impossible to see everything in the 2 days of Saturday and Sunday.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
This year, me too! I realized 2-3 days are really stress to visit completely, so huge the fair is.
Yes, and I like to visit the Hifi Deluxe show as well. Some of the rooms there are better than most of what is going on a the main show!

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Which rooms do you have in mind?
DIesis was extremely good a couple of times in the past (last year was ok but not amazing) as is sometimes Acapella. When Alsyvox was there in the past, before going to the big show, they were amazing...I have been disappointed twice now with them at the big show. Also, there are some smaller, quirkier brands that would go unnoticed at the big show and some of those really shine (Diesis being one of those in the past). Viva was very good there with one system in the past.

I have found that brands that did really well at the Hifi Deluxe show were not as good when moving to the big show. I think the conference rooms at the Marriott are better damped than the rooms at the MOC and this might help the acoustics. The power might also be cleaner there and this can make a huge difference on a systems sound. That said, of course not everything sounds great there but relative to the number of exhibitors, I feel the % of more successful rooms is higher.

Reactions: matthias

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Morricab's comments about Alsyvox are his opinion, which I respect, and agree that the rooms at the Marriott are MUCH better rooms sonically than those at MOC. If you compare the sound of a system that was at the Marriott to the same system placed at MOC, one would probably prefer the sound that was had from the system at the Marriott.

On the flip side, even though some did not like the sound of Alsyvox last year at MOC compared to the sound of Alsyvox at the Marriott here is what Robert Harley said (below) in his Munich 2023 Trip report. Also at that time Alsyvox did NOT advertise with TAS. Alsyvox with the sound produced at the Munich 2023 ended up signing up several new distributors and several sets of different Alsyvox speakers were sold because of the sound presented at the show.

Alsyvox, Taiko and Pilium were VERY PLEASED with the sound that we presented at the show.

Robert Harley wrote-

The AlsyVox Raffaello planar speaker was a showstopper with its startlingly realistic presentation. The dynamics, freedom from box coloration, and sheer sense of live music-making were jaw-dropping. Driven by Pilium electronics and sourced from a Lampizator DAC and Taiko server, the AlsyVox had me returning to the room day after day.

Come and see Alsvyox/Pilium/Taiko/VYDA at Munich MOC next month and judge for yourself. If you do visit the Alsyvox room please introduce yourself as I really enjoy meeting WBF members in person at the shows.

Reactions: Hyperion

redandgold

Jun 3, 2018
My tickets are bought and my flight booked.
It's a pity they don't do Fridays anymore, it's impossible to see everything in the 2 days of Saturday and Sunday.
Yes, indeed, two days are too short for the whole show without running through the halls. The only solution is asking an exhibitor for 4-day-tickets…

redandgold

Jun 3, 2018
I have found that brands that did really well at the Hifi Deluxe show were not as good when moving to the big show. I think the conference rooms at the Marriott are better damped than the rooms at the MOC and this might help the acoustics. The power might also be cleaner there and this can make a huge difference on a systems sound. That said, of course not everything sounds great there but relative to the number of exhibitors, I feel the % of more successful rooms is higher.
Another example was Kroma. They impressed me at Marriott two years ago and last year they were one of a lot of manufacturers.

Reactions: christoph

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Another example was Kroma. They impressed me at Marriott two years ago and last year they were one of a lot of manufacturers.
One could argue that it might be easier for a young company to build a good reputation there rather than at the big show.

Reactions: matthias

Klonk

Mar 4, 2012
One could argue that it might be easier for a young company to build a good reputation there rather than at the big show.
Furthermore the room rates are lower I trust? More affordable for small companies?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Yes, indeed, two days are too short for the whole show without running through the halls. The only solution is asking an exhibitor for 4-day-tickets…

I did friday hifi deluxe the past 2 years.
Sat and sunday MOC.

The best overall was FM acoustics with the big system incl bass module in 2022.

I think i ll skip this year

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
I might disagree.
If you visit only selected exhibitors in the halls and focus on the rooms in the Atrium then two days are possible.
I did so the last years.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I did friday hifi deluxe the past 2 years.
Sat and sunday MOC.

The best overall was FM acoustics with the big system incl bass module in 2022.

I think i ll skip this year
IMO, this was not a special sounding room at all.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
IMO, this was not a special sounding room at all.

I knew you re were gonna say that .
Argonaut will most likely think the same and in the end the Kharma / R Koda was the worst lol.

Ps MOC 2 days is indeed to short .
In 2023 i skipped the whole ground floor.
For the rest its a great show / good vibe , i advise anybody to go

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I knew you re were gonna say that .
Argonaut will most likely think the same and in the end the Kharma / R Koda was the worst lol.

Ps MOC 2 days is indeed to short .
In 2023 i skipped the whole ground floor.
For the rest its a great show / good vibe , i advise anybody to go
And I knew you would reply...what did you think of the Acapella room last year with the big Hyperion speakers?

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
What this ??
Cant remember didnt stick
Yes, you needed to sit in the right place (towards the back of the large room was not so good, but towards the front it was top 3 or 4 of either show.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing