Munich 2022

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
NEWS! Totaldac will also be at the Munich HIGH END show, in a 74sqm room in the Atrium!

So You can listen two different Totaldac system in two different locations:

HIGH END show 2022

Totaldac will be at the High End show, Atrium 4.1, room F123 (a 74sqm room). Vincent, Alex and Morgan will welcome you there.

Full Totaldac system composed of:
-new d1-switch, the Totaldac ethernet switch
-d1-player
-d1-streamer-mk2
-Totaldac ethernet cable/filters
-reclocker d1-digital-mk2
-new d1-twelve-mk3 DAC with UP12 AES-EBU cables
-live-power power supply
-d1-driver monoblocs
-Amp-1 amplifier, stereo version
-new d100%wood speakers

Hifideluxe show 2022

Totaldac will also be at HifiDeluxe in Munich, May 19th-21st 2022. hifideluxe
Location: Marriott hotel, "Living room", first floor close to the large stairs.
Free entrance.
Everybody will be welcome even Thursday and Friday (which are professional-only at the High End show at the MOC).
Saturday is for everybody for both the Hifideluxe and High End show.
Hifideluxe opening hours:
Thursday and Friday from 12.00 to 20.00
Saturday from 11:00 to 18:00
An appointment is sometimes possible before or after these official opening hours, just ask Totaldac.

Delphine, Ronald and Maya will welcome you there. Vincent will be there only after 18:30 (will be at the HIGH END show before that).

Full Totaldac system composed of:
-new d1-switch, the Totaldac ethernet switch
-d1-player
-d1-streamer-mk2
-Totaldac ethernet cable/filters
-d1-direct DAC
-live-power power supply
-d1-driver
-Amp-1 amplifier, stereo version
-d100 speakers

high.jpg

Reactions: matthias

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Not going but I found this comment from the unofficial newspaper of WBF interesting.

"The source will be provided by Core Audio's music server and digital accessories. Digital conversion and amplification will be handled by Chord Electronics."

Matt

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Yes, portion of the article you quoted refers to one of the events taking place in Munich. Scrolling downwards to complete reading you would've discovered the rest of it as shown in screenshot below. :)
You are right, sorry for the confusion. :)
BTW, I think we are in the wrong thread (totaldac), also sorry for that :)

Matt

Last edited:
Reactions: rando

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Oops, I did a search for Munich 2022 without realizing it landed me outside the general forum. :eek:

All of my previous posts have been erased. Sorry for the intrusion.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Here is a video recording of the Totaldac Roon in Munich 2022:
The TotalDac room was a very big positive surprise for me and I went there several times :cool:
Awesome sound for (compared to others offerings) relatively reasonable costs :)

jma6

Jan 18, 2020
France
I was at the MOC and went to the Totaldac room Friday afternoon after having explored many other set up .
What a pleasant surprise , for me it was the best of show . The most natural sounding room . I was mesmerized by how life like the voices were reproduced in this room .
In some other rooms you may have have some sound criteria that were superior to the total dac set up but none convinced me as being lifelike as the totaldac .

Satuday I went to the hifideluxe and to the other total dac room . It was a more modest set up and the room did not allow a sufficiently high volume level but I enjoyed it also with the same natural music reproduction as in the MOC .

Well done Vincent .

I will seriously consider the d1 direct for my set up

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
I was at the MOC and went to the Totaldac room Friday afternoon after having explored many other set up .
What a pleasant surprise , for me it was the best of show . The most natural sounding room . I was mesmerized by how life like the voices were reproduced in this room .
In some other rooms you may have have some sound criteria that were superior to the total dac set up but none convinced me as being lifelike as the totaldac .

Satuday I went to the hifideluxe and to the other total dac room . It was a more modest set up and the room did not allow a sufficiently high volume level but I enjoyed it also with the same natural music reproduction as in the MOC .

Well done Vincent .

I will seriously consider the d1 direct for my set up
Thank you very much for having detailed what you liked in this room!

Last edited:

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
The TotalDac room was a very big positive surprise for me and I went there several times :cool:
Thank you!

Reactions: christoph

BF38

Oct 31, 2017
Nice... I was not there but i understand your great feeling, Christoph, about this real sound...
it's just not a surprise for me !

long live the music !

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
TOTALly (no pun intended) agree Christoph! Was in my top 5 rooms!

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Yes agree. Totaldac video is good - lot of promise / potential there. Speakers seem good value too 20k euros for the full wood is good.

Best.

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
I felt the same, especially when considering the environment and other difficulties.

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Reactions: Argonaut

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Two reviewer's comments have already been published:

The larger room was perfect for this system, the real synergy in a ‘nose to tail’ system all designed and made by one brand was apparent...
I think the world is ready to realise that Totaldac do so much more than just DACs!

https://www.hifipig.com/high-end-munich-2022-show-report.../

...incredibly open and full-range in every respect. Wild, even. Vincent was leaning heavily on classic rock recordings and soon it became apparent that Totaldac gear can party hard, yet in an extremely refined way.
The room was big, but the Totaldac in Munich was even bigger in pure visceral impact than I could have imagined back at home.
What I remember most about Totaldac in Munich was the system's tremendous sense of space, as well as pure and unbridled dynamics in a fairly large listening room.

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/.../totaldac-in-munich.../

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Two reviewer's comments have already been published:

The larger room was perfect for this system, the real synergy in a ‘nose to tail’ system all designed and made by one brand was apparent...
I think the world is ready to realise that Totaldac do so much more than just DACs!

https://www.hifipig.com/high-end-munich-2022-show-report.../

...incredibly open and full-range in every respect. Wild, even. Vincent was leaning heavily on classic rock recordings and soon it became apparent that Totaldac gear can party hard, yet in an extremely refined way.
The room was big, but the Totaldac in Munich was even bigger in pure visceral impact than I could have imagined back at home.
What I remember most about Totaldac in Munich was the system's tremendous sense of space, as well as pure and unbridled dynamics in a fairly large listening room.

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/.../totaldac-in-munich.../

Congrats. The videos align well to the words by the reviews. Would like to hear in person one day.

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Many large rooms have been recorded by Totaldac during the High End show 2022 using high quality microphones with true 20Hz bandwidth.

This allows you to listen to many rooms using a given headphone, and all these rooms have been recorded using the same equipment, so you can compare and make your own opinion.
Note that a real saxophone has also been recorded, giving you an idea of the quality of the recording system.

The volume is not normalised because absolutely no processing has been done to audio recording, so the volume of your headphone should be adjusted for each track.

Depending on the time of the day, some rooms are full of people and some are empty, this changes the reverberation time inside the rooms.

Exhibitors can send me one line describing their system, with the start time in the video, I will add it in comments.
Please send an e-mail via the web site https://www.totaldac.com

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing