Most extreme Von Schweikert system on the planet?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I would love to hear your system Jack. At least I was able to hear the system in the video on page 10 as I was at the show and spent time in the room with our Purity Ultra preamp.
They really are amazing speakers and I really like the KR amps.

I agree. My plan is to hear Jack's and hopefully Jim's system after the Hong Kong Show next August as I am planning a visit to Manila

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I agree. My plan is to hear Jack's and hopefully Jim's system after the Hong Kong Show next August as I am planning a visit to Manila

Nice! When exactly is the HK Audio Show? We are due to be in Asia sometime next year. Wouldn't it be a nice coincidence if somehow our family schedule coincided with the HK Show? Hmmmmm...

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi LL21,

I do not know the exact days of the HK Audio Show. In my experience, attending the show is hectic. Hong Kong is a small place. I think you will be able to better audition and listen to the products by visiting their respective dealers.

Sam

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi LL21,

I do not know the exact days of the HK Audio Show. In my experience, attending the show is hectic. Hong Kong is a small place. I think you will be able to better audition and listen to the products by visiting their respective dealers.

Sam

Fair enough...ironically, it might be easier to hear Gary's 1.2 Dragons or the mighty Arrakis 'off-peak' when the audio show is NOT on.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi LL21,

And if I may add, you will have more time and privacy to listen to the systems in a presumably better acoustic environment.

Sam

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Let's all go Sam. You can take us to Ken's. :)

Of course, there is the food! :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I would love to hear your system Jack. At least I was able to hear the system in the video on page 10 as I was at the show and spent time in the room with our Purity Ultra preamp.
They really are amazing speakers and I really like the KR amps.

You're very welcome next time you're on this side of the world RA. Say, where has Bill been off to these days? I don't see him online much anymore.

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi Jack,

How about visiting Ken on November 16? Just a group of four people. His store is down to one single room with only 4 listening chairs. As for food, there are several floors of restaurants in the same building as his shop, and there's Sun Tung Lok beside and Luk Yu across the building his store is in.

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi Steve Williams,

I hope I would have an opportunity to meet you when you visit Manila next August.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Congrats Jack - and once again, every time I see your nice audio setups I feel good for you! - great room and gear selection!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Jack,

How about visiting Ken on November 16? Just a group of four people. His store is down to one single room with only 4 listening chairs. As for food, there are several floors of restaurants in the same building as his shop, and there's Sun Tung Lok beside and Luk Yu across the building his store is in.

Keith and I will be in Europe in November Sam :( I'm sure we can find some time to go to HK together. The next window I see is between Xmas and New Years Day.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Congrats Jack - and once again, every time I see your nice audio setups I feel good for you! - great room and gear selection!

Gracias mi hermano :) The 111s won't be long now. The crating process has already started.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Steve Williams

Hi Steve Williams,

I hope I would have an opportunity to meet you when you visit Manila next August.

Are you kidding Sam? Definitely want to meet you and hear your great system(s)

In fact there are some amazing systems there in your beautiful corner of the world that I want to hear and hoping I will have that opportunity

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi Steve,

Wow! I thank you for being so positive. I look forward to your visit. I hope whatever expectations you may have won't leave you feeling underwhelmed by the time you listen to my set up. I rotate equipment in any part(s) of the chain depending on mood.

Steve Williams

Hi Steve Williams,

Sam. I have to tell you and all of your friends there that I am absolutely stoked about the possibility of meeting all my PI buddies next year as well as my wife coming along for what sounds to be a fantastic fun vacation, long overdue for the two of us

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing