mola mola Tambaqui

caesar

May 30, 2010
There are dozens of DACs at the $10k price point. And anyone can price their DAC at $10k.

what is unique about this DAC? What makes this one different?

Reactions: Echos

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Caesar, which DAC do you use? There are lots of options at every price point. It is a matter of finding one that presents the sound the way you like it. The Mola DAC measures very well and to my ears sounds great. ( I don't own this DAC) To me it presents a ton of detail in a non-fatiguing way which is something most DACs struggle with.

gipe

Oct 15, 2019
France
There are dozens of DACs at the $10k price point. And anyone can price their DAC at $10k.

what is unique about this DAC? What makes this one different?

Hello,

I have owned the Tambaqui for about three weeks. There is a lot of literature on the web that will talk about it better than I do in technical and audiophile terms.

It has replaced my Terminator and I am very satisfied with it. It is a Dac whose strong points are :

The exceptional signal-to-noise ratio. It's an impressive silence in the background, deep black as some people say.

The richness of the timbres which in this context stand out perfectly.

The width of the sound stage with a remarkable precision and presence of the instruments.

The multitude of details that the o discovers even in already well known recordings. It is of an uncommon clarity.

On a technical level, it is designed to be a Roon End Point which allows direct listening of Qobuz via Roon for example. You don't need to stream if you want.

Its connectivity is very complete with an integrated headphone amplifier, the possibility to connect world clocks ...

Finally, it can ensure, directly via its volume control, the function of preamplifier on a power amplifier.

Few DAC offer such high quality rendering and so many native technological options.

Reactions: Hyperion

caesar

May 30, 2010
Caesar, which DAC do you use? There are lots of options at every price point. It is a matter of finding one that presents the sound the way you like it. The Mola DAC measures very well and to my ears sounds great. ( I don't own this DAC) To me it presents a ton of detail in a non-fatiguing way which is something most DACs struggle with.

Hi SBNX,
I got 4 or 5 in my house. Stuff coming in and out all the time. Brands start with different levels of the alphabet... My friends have most of everything worth hearing. Need to catch the Lampi though, it got tubes, and I know my wife will notice and start asking questions... but haven't heard much of this one...

Reactions: christoph

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
I am going direct to amps since I have volume regulators on my amps. I found it is I am guessing maybe 5-10% better this way.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing