Melco C1 SFP+ Direct Attach Cable : the first in audiophile market

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I must say that Emile/Taiko Audio is the pioneer, applying Direct Attach Cables in their CAS products.

Ben Lau, the Taiko dealer in Hong Kong tried several IT industry DAC cables in the Taiko CAS connection and they gave different sonic performance. It's fun!

Here comes the first DAC cable from the CAS audiophile brand of Melco : Melco C1 SFP+ Direct Attach Cable (called Dela Audio in Japan domestic market).

The build looks very nice.
image.png

showimage (9).jpeg
Screenshot_2024-01-07-08-44-01-810_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
A Taiwan audiophile who employed MSB dac tested the cable and gave his views here, pls read with google translate :

The Melco C1 SFP+ Direct Attach Cable is only available as parallel import in Hong Kong currently.
I will audition it once it is available officially at dealers.

Last edited:

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015

shawnf

Jan 1, 2022
For owners of the current crop of MSB DACs that use the Pro ISL and Pro USB interface, some users from Japan have swapped out the fiber optic transceiver modules and experimented with direct-attached-copper.

One Japanese owner said he still preferred the sound with the original fiber optic transceivers.

As always, YMMV.

Reactions: CKKeung

TMY168

Oct 12, 2022
Bangkok, Thailand
www.facebook.com
Hello,

Today I just have a chance to try the Melco C1 SFP cable betwwen my Zayin Audio Stargate and SOtM sNH-10G Special Edition (Full Option) switches. It replaced my old Finisar FTLF1324P2BTV SFP+ transceiver & FIS Fiber Optic Patch Cable (glass). IMO, the sound is much fuller, more organic, and so smooth. I prefer Melco cable to my previous set up. This cable is staying!

The system I'm using is just a humble Pachanko Labs Constellation Reference, as Roon Core, with Diretta to Olio.Spec Canarino Bridge DUB, attached to LampizatOr Golden Gate 3 into Hegel P30A & H30A and Dynaudio Confidence 20.

Of course, YMMV.

Attachments

• Melco C1 SFP 01.jpg
    Melco C1 SFP 01.jpg
    828.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Melco C1 SFP 02.jpg
    Melco C1 SFP 02.jpg
    867.6 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: keithc and CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hello,

Today I just have a chance to try the Melco C1 SFP cable betwwen my Zayin Audio Stargate and SOtM sNH-10G Special Edition (Full Option) switches. It replaced my old Finisar FTLF1324P2BTV SFP+ transceiver & FIS Fiber Optic Patch Cable (glass). IMO, the sound is much fuller, more organic, and so smooth. I prefer Melco cable to my previous set up. This cable is staying!

The system I'm using is just a humble Pachanko Labs Constellation Reference, as Roon Core, with Diretta to Olio.Spec Canarino Bridge DUB, attached to LampizatOr Golden Gate 3 into Hegel P30A & H30A and Dynaudio Confidence 20.

Of course, YMMV.
Good info.
Thanks!
BTW your CAS setup, particularly the Pachanko server, are very good stuff.
:D

• Love
Reactions: TMY168

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Reactions: nonesup

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
For owners of the current crop of MSB DACs that use the Pro ISL and Pro USB interface, some users from Japan have swapped out the fiber optic transceiver modules and experimented with direct-attached-copper.

One Japanese owner said he still preferred the sound with the original fiber optic transceivers.

As always, YMMV.
I too prefer the fiber cable from PRO USB to DD
Maybe "audio" SFP+ cables will make a difference

Last edited:
Reactions: shawnf

bbill

Mar 28, 2024
Brussels
I have this FS "DAC" cable just before my network drive and I would like to compare it one day with the Melco

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing