Martin Logan introduces VaporSound™ Transparent Technology

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
There is also a clandestine R&D project on electrostatic curtains for a new level of surround-sound experience...

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
One could also apply it onto the screen of a TV [In theory] as well. Pre-wire the room and possibly mount and entire 7.1 system up on the wall in front of your favorite Ansel Adams photos and the sub would be the only thing you would see. That is, unless you go with a rotary.

Why do I get the feeling that this is a hoax?

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
One could also apply it onto the screen of a TV [In theory] as well. Pre-wire the room and possibly mount and entire 7.1 system up on the wall in front of your favorite Ansel Adams photos and the sub would be the only thing you would see. That is, unless you go with a rotary.

Why do I get the feeling that this is a hoax?

no way... :D

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I read about this yesterday and it sure is pretty interesting. However, it would be wasted on me. You see, despite the fact I have A/C in the car, I prefer driving with the windows down!

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
A lot of time spent on an April Fool's joke.......................business that good, or that bad?

April 1st or not, the concept gets my imagination going. The weak spot in the presentation is the mythical spongy soft transparent material. And no way to dampen the back wave, and the list goes on.

Here is my idea, a stator so micro that it's no more vision inhibiting than an insect screen.

It could even look sort of like Frit glass.

http://www2.dupont.com/SafetyGlass/en_US/whats_new/sentry_glass_bowling_green.html

You have to think real small first before you can think this big.

Of course alcohol may help in the initial concept phase.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing