Marantz Project T1

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I will probably have the opportunity to borrow a pair of these mono amplifiers to listen in the XLF, but they are really heavy and logistics can be complicated. Does any of our members have experience with them?
a1.jpg

Not at all, such a rare bird according to the website below.

http://www.thevintageknob.org/marantz-Project_T1.html

Thanks, the only reference I could find about them in a system was that Winston Ma of FIM records used them in his listening room (two pairs at some time!) replacing them with the also fabulous Tube Research Labs Platinum Golden Triode Reference 800 Mono Amplifiers - 3500W idle power per pair ...

The toplogy of the Project t1 is very interesting - all transformer coupled, fully balanced from input to output, 300B input and driver, 845 push pull and all tube rectifiers. I listened to this T1 pair long ago and all I remember is that voices were extremely realistic and natural sounding.

How interesting! Always wondered about those 50k pots driving the 300B grids and if the highs would be really acceptable. Please do share.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing