Lyra Olympos

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
This seems to be the last Olympos available in the world,if some distributors haven't in stock.
Italian distributor Audiograffiti has one new and Lyra company told that is impossible for them to do another one

No money yo buy,already spent too much this year

Attachments

• IMG_8903.jpg
    IMG_8903.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 42

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
This seems to be the last Olympos available in the world,if some distributors haven't in stock.
Italian distributor Audiograffiti has one new and Lyra company told that is impossible for them to do another one

No money yo buy,already spent too much this year
Wow the box looks very new!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
had an Olympos SL back in the day on my Rockport Sirius III. lovely sounding cartridge. my favorite sounding Lyra that i've yet heard.

i once heard it described as a (a bit hyper detailed) Lyra Atlas with a 'touch of mink'. thought that was a 'cool' way to put it.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
had an Olympos SL back in the day on my Rockport Sirius III. lovely sounding cartridge. my favorite sounding Lyra that i've yet heard.

i once heard it described as a (a bit hyper detailed) Lyra Atlas with a 'touch of mink'. thought that was a 'cool' way to put it.
Audiograffiti has also a Rockport Sirius III in sell
I am thinking about but I am worry for his 3 pump and little complicate TT if some problems can happen in future

Reactions: Vienna

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
The cart is new
He sent his old parnassus to Lyra to use magnet to do Olimpos and arrived 20 days ago

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Audiograffiti has also a Rockport Sirius III in sell
I am thinking about but I am worry for his 3 pump and little complicate TT if some problems can happen in future

you are well advised to be concerned. while there is no other high end product built to the standard of the Sirius III, it has it's weak points and few places to turn for help.

you should reach out to the world expert on Rockport Siruis III's, our own member, 108CY, who has my own 'dear' Sirius III among a few he owns. i'm sure he could advise you and guide you.

Last edited:

108CY

May 4, 2013
The system 111 correctly installed and calibrated is one of the finest turntables ever built, there are several versions of the front panel and controller and these certainly influence the sound dramatically between units. It is a highly complex beast indeed the condition of the gasket and the centre washer also is to be considered. There is no question that any system 111 that is not calibrated will be working at sub optimum from my experience.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The cart is new
He sent his old parnassus to Lyra to use magnet to do Olimpos and arrived 20 days ago
Hello Gian,
I don't think that is the last Olympos in the world.

Two friends of mine have likewise sent their Parnassus to Jonathan for making Olympos a few months ago too.
One of them asked for applying the new X-frame config on his.
I shall update you guys once they have got their X-Olympos.
;)

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
But this arrived 2 weeks ago and Lyra told is the last than can do,but nothing is impossible i think

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hello Gian,
I just communicated with my 3 friends.
They talked with Jonathan of Lyra.
Their 3 Olympos and the one mentioned by you are the last four Lyra can make.
These 4 guys are lucky!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Two frds in Hong Kong sent their Lyra Parnassus to Japan for converion into Olympos.
Maybe due to the COVID Pandemic, the process took 20 months!
The Olympos eventually arrived in Hong Kong this week.
This one is with the new X-Frame magnet architecture!
:D

IMG-20201217-WA0007~2.jpg
IMG-20201217-WA0008~2.jpg
IMG-20201217-WA0009~2.jpg

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Two frds in Hong Kong sent their Lyra Parnassus to Japan for converion into Olympos.
Maybe due to the COVID Pandemic, the process took 20 months!
The Olympos eventually arrived in Hong Kong this week.
This one is with the new X-Frame magnet architecture!
:D

View attachment 72521
View attachment 72522
View attachment 72523

One of my Olympos X-Frame owner friends installed the cartridge onto his Thales Statement/Air Force One system last night.

The breaking-in has just commenced!

20210130_221922~2.jpg
20210130_221930~2.jpg

Birdwatcher

May 29, 2018
EU
Any more comments on the last Olympos units? The break in time should have happened already.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Any more comments on the last Olympos units? The break in time should have happened already.
Yes, it has been "well-boiled".
But a bit difficult to compare it with other Olympos because it's a special X-frame version.

Another reason is that my friend took the advice from Lyra : although he is using a Goldmund preamp, he still pairs the Olympos X-frame with a Lyra Connoisseur Phono and a Lyra Connoisseur Preamp.

The connection is like this :
Olympos X-frame > Lyra Phono > Lyra Preamp > Goldmund 22M preamp > Goldmund 29M monos.

The Lyra Phono and Preamp are magnificent!
20210623_000446~3.jpg

The Lyra Preamp now works similarly to a gain control.
The sound can be tuned to become more finesse or more authoritative.
The synergistic effect is wonderful!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing