Live vs. Reproduced?

In general, I would agree with Walter. My way of wording it would be that the closer the system is to doing everything right, the more critical it is to get the very last thing right; in other words when the system has the inherent capacity to reach a very high level of sound then the slightest defect is even more pronounced, is even more noticeable. Further, the settling in is allowing the second order effects to reach an equilibrium, and this is specially relevant to cables. Most cables, and this is even more so for esoteric ones with complex constructions, when they are moved in any way a lot of stresses are created in the various materials used in the construction, which need time to then settle in and adjust to their new positions. As these internal stresses of the cable naturally ease with time, so do the second order effects diminish and the sound improves ...

Frank

Frank, I think this might be the first post that I agree with you on:cool:. In audio, like in most things, IMO the system can only be as good as its weakest link. Additionally, I do believe in Ivor's old saying...the front end has to be correct otherwise everything following will simply be diminished...the old saying "garbage in--garbage out":D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing