Level 5 introduced

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Level 5 official introduction in Hong Kong Today
Level 5 is the transport along with this they introduced a dual optical board so clients can use the server and transport with the reference DAC.

Attachments

• IMG_4684.jpeg
    IMG_4684.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 66

Steve Vu

Oct 26, 2020
Hi Elliot. Is the new Akasa DUAL Optical module better than the old mudule?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I have not yet seen it but my understanding is it is DUAL module to allow a user to use both the server and the new transport into the reference dac. The current module only accepts one AKASA input. I am looking foward to hearing and seeing it in MOC and then perhaps later this year having it in my room and system. I do not believe ( although I could be mistaken) that it is different sonically.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I have not yet seen it but my understanding is it is DUAL module to allow a user to use both the server and the new transport into the reference dac. The current module only accepts one AKASA input. I am looking foward to hearing and seeing it in MOC and then perhaps later this year having it in my room and system. I do not believe ( although I could be mistaken) that it is different sonically.
i don't suppose there will be any mechanism to allow sharing the stand alone Server Power Supply with the Transport? i'm expecting that they would be the same for both, but maybe technically that won't be how it is? but it would make acquisition and optimization of the transport much less costly. but maybe just plugging and un plugging that Akasa DC cable is workable? considering how large those connectors are maybe not a good idea and over time could compromise the connection. probably need to order a longer Akasa DC cable to make that a consideration.

first world problems to ponder for sure. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
i don't suppose there will be any mechanism to allow sharing the stand alone Server Power Supply with the Transport? i'm expecting that they would be the same for both, but maybe technically that won't be how it is? but it would make acquisition and optimization of the transport much less costly. but maybe just plugging and un plugging that Akasa DC cable is workable? considering how large those connectors are maybe not a good idea and over time could compromise the connection. probably need to order a longer Akasa DC cable to make that a consideration.

first world problems to ponder for sure. :rolleyes:
Mike,
my initial understanding is the transport will be available as a stand alone product with "normal" connections, it will also be available with the AKASA optical option, they will have a dual module for those who already have a server and DAC and that the reference power supply is an option as well for the new reference transport. The Akasa power supply red cable is also an available option for that.
If they are planning or have a dual output power supply I am unaware of such but MOC is just around the corner!!

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

Steve Vu

Oct 26, 2020
"In tandem with the Reference Transport, we’re also introducing the new Akasa DUAL Optical module. This redesigned and enhanced module builds upon the original Akasa Optical Module, adding an optical input for the Reference Transport and further refining the overall playback quality."

I read these in https://www.monoandstereo.com/wadax-reference-transport/

So I would like to know more information.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
"In tandem with the Reference Transport, we’re also introducing the new Akasa DUAL Optical module. This redesigned and enhanced module builds upon the original Akasa Optical Module, adding an optical input for the Reference Transport and further refining the overall playback quality."

I read these in https://www.monoandstereo.com/wadax-reference-transport/

So I would like to know more information.
I am going to Munich and I will get the scoop there. I don't know anymore than I stated . It will be an exciting show as it looks like there is a bunch of new cool stuff coming to market.

Reactions: Steve Vu

Steve Vu

Oct 26, 2020
I am going to Munich and I will get the scoop there. I don't know anymore than I stated . It will be an exciting show as it looks like there is a bunch of new cool stuff coming to market.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

WADAX

Jan 8, 2024
USA
Hi Steve - as it has been explained to me, there have been minor changes to the dual Akasa module. There has been some optimization of the design the accommodate the new transport. It will have little (if any) sonic impact on the server.

Reactions: Steve Vu

Steve Vu

Oct 26, 2020
Hi Steve - as it has been explained to me, there have been minor changes to the dual Akasa module. There has been some optimization of the design the accommodate the new transport. It will have little (if any) sonic impact on the server.
Thanks for your information.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing