Lampizator Gulfstream?

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Hello and thanks for your interest in the Gulfstream. It's still a very new product so no reviews just yet. Actually we haven't yet debuted it in North America.

That said we will be showing it off for the first time in February at the Florida Audio Expo as we debut it alongside our new Horizon DAC. We expect to get some ears and exposure on it there.

Hopefully you can join us!

Fred A.

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Here is some quick feedback received this morning from an SK owner who just received his Gulfstream.

Boy I had no idea how large an impact the " server " made on SQ this is HUGE . I am an analog guy mostly; I don't know much about computers ( EZ to tell?), but I can tell you this, the GS is waaay better sounding than the Komputer. It makes me wonder what that Taiko Extreme must be like? seems its the bees knees for $30k or so..

b

Reactions: Rgt911

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
I'll see about getting some up on Monday, but it will look very similar from the exterior to the Super Komputer.

Most of the changes are under the hood as well as in the software realm.

zitas

Dec 19, 2021
is the gulfstream also a computer? i mean can it be used for browsing in the internet...e-mail, watching youtube etc.?

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
is the gulfstream also a computer? i mean can it be used for browsing in the internet...e-mail, watching youtube etc.?
It is, and some do... But it's a specialized machine and we don't necessarily recommend it. That said some customers do use it for YouTube a good bit.

Last edited:

Rgt911

Jan 6, 2022
Is there any Gulfstream owner here would like to share some highlights on this streamer???

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
I'll see if I can nudge a customer or two to throw a few words up.

In the meantime, hopefully some of you guys who will be at the Florida Audio Expo next week can comment on it's global debut alongside the Horizon in room 518.
1644516332493.png

Last edited:

Jbs

Nov 25, 2016
Seattle
Is there any Gulfstream owner here would like to share some highlights on this streamer???
Hi RGT911,
I have a Gulfstream and received it in December '21 it replaced my Lampizator SuperKomputer. The SKomputer is my only other point of reference for a server and before the GulfStream I thought it was great. Currently I own a Golden Gate 2 but in few weeks or so, I will be receiving the Pacific. I felt like it was time to upgrade servers, and I am glad that I did, as I could not believe the sonic differences it made in my system! Across the board sonic improvement; more realistic, more live sounding, better bass, better everything. Also I am thrilled that it makes no sound of its own. Dead quiet! In addition, for heat dispersion Lucas uses cooling fins on one side of the chassis. This replaces the hampster wheel looking dealio like on the top of Super Komputer.
Lucas is using the Gulfstream with the new Horizon at shows which is a testament of the quality.
If you have any other questions let me know. I should have the Pacific in place by 3/15/22

Jbs

Nov 25, 2016
Seattle
Hey, sorry Z I misinformed you. Listen to Fred at Lampizator NA on this and not me!

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
First off, thank you J., For sharing your opinions on the Gulfstream! Thrilled you're enjoying it and can't wait for your feedback once the Pacific gets added!

You aren't necessarily wrong, this GS is a server first and foremost. Just because you can use it as a computer doesn't mean we want you to... A $150 Chromebook would be a better choice for that. That said we have a couple guys that had SKs and now GS that liked to listen to YouTube music videos and send the video via projector to their rooms.

Rgt911

Jan 6, 2022
Hi RGT911,
I have a Gulfstream and received it in December '21 it replaced my Lampizator SuperKomputer. The SKomputer is my only other point of reference for a server and before the GulfStream I thought it was great. Currently I own a Golden Gate 2 but in few weeks or so, I will be receiving the Pacific. I felt like it was time to upgrade servers, and I am glad that I did, as I could not believe the sonic differences it made in my system! Across the board sonic improvement; more realistic, more live sounding, better bass, better everything. Also I am thrilled that it makes no sound of its own. Dead quiet! In addition, for heat dispersion Lucas uses cooling fins on one side of the chassis. This replaces the hampster wheel looking dealio like on the top of Super Komputer.
Lucas is using the Gulfstream with the new Horizon at shows which is a testament of the quality.
If you have any other questions let me know. I should have the Pacific in place by 3/15/22
Thank you Jbs for chiming in and sharing your positive experience with GS! I am now a proud owner of GS. Frustrated at first and busted my brain setting it up (newbie). Not to mention, some phone calls, emails and text messages with Rob and I finally get it.

I'm pairing with Baltic3 and really please with the result. Hope someday when the right time comes, I go up to Pacific or Horizon DAC, my goal.

I agree with you regarding the GS is dead quiet and cool to touch. Don't know how Lukasz engineered this musical beast. Its a great wonderful sounding streamer. Don't ask me guys how does GS compare with other top dollar streamer as this is my first and may be last streamer.
Definitely not sounding like Steve Williams Taiko and Horizon combo but I'm please with my streaming journey.

I would like to thank Rob from LampizatorNA for the support I won't be here with out his help. Sorry to trouble you on a Sunday.
Photo to follow. I can't figure how to shrink the file, its too large. I will work on it.

Cheers,

Ron T

kenreau

Sep 11, 2014
Curious if this new Gulfstream is a combo server and streamer? internal music drive storage, any other product specifics? I've done a few searches and checked their website. Not much info to oogle with.

Thx
Kenreau

Rgt911

Jan 6, 2022
Curious if this new Gulfstream is a combo server and streamer? internal music drive storage, any other product specifics? I've done a few searches and checked their website. Not much info to oogle with.

Thx
Kenreau
Kenreau,
The Gulfstream is a superb streamer for the money. However, you can add your own storage or server with it. I bought mine sight unseen just trusted the team at DSG and here I am enjoying my music.

Ron

Reactions: kenreau

Tirebiter

Jan 10, 2018
Golden CO

Thx
Kenreau
To echo what Rgt911 stated, my Gulfstream provided a significant upgrade as both a music server and streamer. I opted to copy my entire library to a SSD external HD and connected it directly to the GS. There is an internal HD that you can also use for storage but I needed 2TB for the library thus easier for me to go external. I then use Roon to manage my library and for streaming various "radio" stations as well as Tidal. It upsamples FLAC and equivalent to DSD512 without a hitch.

Very happy with the product from the aspect of SQ and overall performance...

Brock

Reactions: kenreau

kenreau

Sep 11, 2014
To echo what Rgt911 stated, my Gulfstream provided a significant upgrade as both a music server and streamer. I opted to copy my entire library to a SSD external HD and connected it directly to the GS. There is an internal HD that you can also use for storage but I needed 2TB for the library thus easier for me to go external. I then use Roon to manage my library and for streaming various "radio" stations as well as Tidal. It upsamples FLAC and equivalent to DSD512 without a hitch.

Very happy with the product from the aspect of SQ and overall performance...

Brock
Thanks for the post. I am encouraged by the positive comments. I am intending to attend the Pacific Audio Fest and hear the demo.

Thanks
Kenreau

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing